CMud Packages? 01/30/2007 01:02 PM CST
I am trying to get Cmud running but am having issues. The issue being that my brain does not want to work.

Has anyone thought of making a package out of their base setup for Cmud? Perhaps something akin to hands, RT ( This I have working), compass, and position (standing, hidden, etc)?
Re: CMud Packages? 01/30/2007 02:44 PM CST
Working on it now, actually. Besides the few remaining bugs that make other packages difficult to work with, I am trying to figure out a way to confine almost everything to the status bar and reserving the rest of the screen to things like chat windows and package-specific setups for things like fishing, enchanting, and traveling.

For those wondering how I'm doing on the fishing package, it's slammed hard into a few minor yet very inconveniently-unsquished bugs in CMud. It fishes, at least, but I've reworked things a bit to better handle the process and thus need to experience the various situations again (something I've not yet gotten around to). Speaking of which, we can break poles at will but does anyone know of a way to cause a tangle or at least how to increase the chances of it happening. Since going back to fishing when Ssra first updated it, I've only had 2 tangles thus far. I'd like to make more happen so I can more easily test the script handling it.

J'Lo, no that other one
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: CMud Packages? 01/30/2007 03:04 PM CST
>>Besides the few remaining bugs that make other packages difficult to work with

Other packages? I looked in the packaged database for CMud and saw nothing listed for Dragonrealms. If there was anything for DR it must not have been labeled... or I am just going blind.

grumbles Where are those glasses?!
Re: CMud Packages? 01/30/2007 03:34 PM CST
No, CMud allows you to compartmentalize all your scripts into discreet packages. Packages don't have to be shared, but packages make it easy to do so (unless you've written it really badly, then the package might flake out or just not work because something it's looking for doesn't exist).

J'Lo, no that other one
Re: CMud Packages? 01/30/2007 03:49 PM CST
>>(unless you've written it really badly, then the package might flake out or just not work because something it's looking for doesn't exist)

Like anything I would potentially submit. ;)
Re: CMud Packages? 01/30/2007 03:58 PM CST
>>Like anything I would potentially submit.

Nah, I was referring mostly to the tendency of scripters to make a script do everything, or able to access some other script that does what they need. All these connections to places outside the package means that sharing the package gets a whole lot harder because now you'll need to verify that the things you need for your package to work actually exist in the downloader's settings (if they don't, your package could break).

J'Lo, no that other one
Re: CMud Packages? 01/30/2007 04:38 PM CST
My last comment was half tongue in cheek and half because I cannot program much in it yet. I was fair in Zmud but some of the stuff I did in zmud just won't work in cmud.

Take my hands display on the status bar for example. RT and right hand work fine but for some reason the left hand is wonky and I cannot see any difference in the coding. Although, I do have to admit that the code is not mine. It is partly yours and partly from someone whose post you answered earlier this month.

Nevermind trying to get a compass going. Ack!

This package you are working on uses GSL or are you attempting to make something that works like Stormfronts mana/hp/fatigue/spirit/hands/compass bit?