CMud Fishing package attempt 01/16/2007 06:11 PM CST
CAVEAT: I may end up being forced to rewrite this entire thing should Ssra get cracking on the fishing rewrite anytime soon. If so, release will be delayed.

The pole gets pulled from your hands.
The line breaks.
The bait disappears/the fish gets away (I've seen it for situations where you don't pull the line in in time, does it occur on that irregular tremor messaging too?).
The pole breaks?
Is there hook-loss messaging the way there is line-breaking or bait-stealing messaging or can you only lose hooks when the line breaks?

Aside from tangling, casting, and landing a fish, have I covered everything messaging-wise that occurs while the pole is in the water? Baiting, casting, landing a fish/getting a nibble, and untangling are already handled, but at the moment everything is keyed to the free stuff.

There will be a few buttons to accomodate "active" fishing (wave, yank, push, pull.

Though only as a rough status bar right now, the script will have a tracking interface to record things like the number of fish (lost/landed, how much seaweed caught, maybe how many of each type), baiting (succeeded/failed, type and supply of such), line tying, hook tying, and stuff like tangling and breakage. Anything else anyone would like to know or have tracked?

J'Lo, no that other one
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: CMud Fishing package attempt 01/16/2007 06:21 PM CST
There was a message I got the other day about too much tension on the line causing my pole to break and vanish, but I forget what the message was. I also doubt you'd ever encounter it during normal fishing. I had pulled in my line a few times, dragged an item on the ground south a room, and pulled my pole to restart my script, and it snapped. Someone else told me I had probably pulled my line too many times (it being too tight), causing it to snap. You can check in the fishing folder for the exact output from the game.

-Master Ndin
Re: CMud Fishing package attempt 01/17/2007 02:48 AM CST
That sounds good so far, though I still have to work on getting CMUD set up again like I had it with zMUD. <cry>

I wonder how many of us are out there who use CMUD these days.

~ Mehathi Malk'Irhhnth

La vengeance est un plat qui se mange froid ...
Proud supporter of the Southern Tenant Farmer's Union
The Anti-Sue. Your character is the very antithesis of a Mary-Sue. Why are you even taking this test?

Re: CMud Fishing package attempt 01/17/2007 03:23 PM CST
Probably not a whole, whole lot, since even if stable CMud's missing a ton of basic functionality that makes it the #1-by-a-long-shot FE. At least it's as stable as ZMud 7.21, once you work out the initial wonky funness that is the result of using pre-1.24 versions and settings files from those versions.

J'Lo, no that other one
Re: CMud Fishing package attempt 01/20/2007 07:37 PM CST
Now that you mentioned the beta versions of CMUD, maybe I should just import my zMUD settings into 1.24 from scratch. I was getting tons of exceptions the last time I tried. I'm sure something is messed up somewhere. I'm equally sure that those problems will only pop up after I think everything is working great.

~ Mehathi Malk'Irhhnth

La vengeance est un plat qui se mange froid ...
Proud supporter of the Southern Tenant Farmer's Union
The Anti-Sue. Your character is the very antithesis of a Mary-Sue. Why are you even taking this test?

Re: CMud Fishing package attempt 01/20/2007 08:00 PM CST
Going from ZMud 7.21ish straight to CMud 1.24 isn't too bad, actually, though the importing and conversion might add a few new headaches as you go through fixing syntax and logic problems.

J'Lo, no that other one