Ok, I need help 12/31/2006 07:24 PM CST
Can someone please help me get my settings back to where they need to be so I can use the SF data stream?

my new aim is brokenlizard1976

scripting help would be nice too.
Re: Ok, I need help 12/31/2006 11:15 PM CST
First, open up the Preferences by clicking the Preferences button. Second, get to the Simutronics (if you're using ZMud, this will be the GSL) preferences. Where it says default type or whatever, type in stormfront. Save, close down the character session, and reconnect. You should now be getting bombarded with the XML stream.

Now, there are a few caveats to all this you need to know. First, XML (as used by simutronics) uses two types of tags. First is the old HTML style that looks like this:

<tagname>text</tagname>

ZMud and CMud can handle these tags without problem, but since none of their games are technically MXP-capable they aren't telling ZMud/CMud to enable the tags for you. I (MattLofton) have a post on the ZMud forums explaining how to do this.

The other type of tag is like the open-ended HTML tags like <BR>, except that they have optional parameters and they end in a backslash:

<switchWindow id="window name"/>text

ZMud/CMud can't handle these tags, solely because of the / (everything else about the tag is already a part of the MXP system). This means that to do anything with those tags you have to match them with plain triggers and sub out all that unnecessary text. This part sucks, but it's simple and if you can create triggers for any of the other modes you actually know everything about how to do it already.

J'Lo, no that other one
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: Ok, I need help 01/06/2007 05:31 PM CST
ok, I've got the mxp triggers visible, but now I only see junk filo
Re: Ok, I need help 01/06/2007 05:35 PM CST
Also could someone post the hands, rt, mana, spirit health button/gauges that work for Zmud with the mxp triggers?
Re: Ok, I need help 01/06/2007 06:49 PM CST
It's not possible to use mxp triggers for those tags. They are of the <tagname args/> format, and because of the backslash ZMud nor CMud (at this time) support it.

Which basically means that the health/spirit/fatigue triggers boil down to one trigger:

#trigger {id=~"({spirit|fatigue|health})~" value=(%d)} {#gag;#var %1 %2}

From there, you just create gauge buttons that use the appropriate variable.

J'Lo, no that other one
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html