Thread from the ranger folder 11/18/2006 07:52 AM CST
TOMCAT025, apparently I got you confused with Teeklin because of your avatar. Since I know he uses Genie, that's why I asked if you were tired of waiting for Genie3.

In any case, after reading what you and J'lo wrote and checking out the website, I decided to give Cmud a try.

>Cmud has what are called packages located in a package database. These pacages can be downloaded through the CMud FE and installed.
>Let's say I create the hand gauges, a compass, and a roundtime gauge. I can then "package" them and upload them to the database.
>You, or anyone else, can then come along and download and install them.

That would be great if you did. I'm not sure exactly how to enter the roundtime and prompt classes I saw in this folder. I tried a couple different ways, but I couldn't get it to work. I guess I should add that I never really used ZMud in the past.

>Cmud, like Zmud, is completely event driven. The scripting language is not chronological like Simu's FE's. It utilizes things like Triggers (sometimes called actions), aliases, etc.

This I am familiar with because of Genie, although I know z/cmud takes it farther than Genie's simple triggers.

The other problem I had was with the automapper. First off it can easily screw up if you hit an invalid direction or go through a portal. But even when I made a nice mini-map of the NTR to the Kaerna gate, I couldn't use it because I would get an error randomly when I moved. This was with slowwalk on even. That really bummed me out because I thought that that was the coolest feature.

Any advice on any of my issues? Thanks in advance...
Re: Thread from the ranger folder 11/18/2006 09:09 AM CST
Keep in mind that Cmud is still in beta.

I have not been able to get a roundtime gauge working just yet. I have had so little time to play lately that I have actualy done next to nothing with Cmud just yet but I am sure there are folks that will post something.

As for your mapping woes I would suggest looking in the Zmud forum or perhaps even here at some of the older discussions. I did have a working setup with zmud and I think that Cmud uses the same mapper.

I would also suggest reading some of the documentation as well as the cmud forum over at http://www.zuggsoft.com

"I grew up in Europe, where the history comes from."
- Eddie Izzard
Re: Thread from the ranger folder 11/18/2006 11:05 AM CST
Ok, thanks anyway. I was under the impression that you had roundtime and prompt classes working. I guess I'll have to try and figure that stuff out when I have the time myself.
Re: Thread from the ranger folder (long) 11/18/2006 12:16 PM CST
Guages are currently all wonky right now, but I believe Zugg fixed them up for version 1.16. As far as the mapper, the code for that was directly transferred without any changes to it from ZMud. Between the general difference of implementation in CMud's scripting language (ie, CMud is a lot more strict and has eliminated or modified several scripting-language features--over on the Zuggsoft forums they're called weirdnesses--that ZMud had) and the unrewritten mapper it's sorta slightly broke.

>>The other problem I had was with the automapper. First off it can easily screw up if you hit an invalid direction or go through a portal.

As installed, the automapper will almost-unerringly detect the actual room info for Dragonrealms. The one exception is in places like a certain room in the Theren Keep Dungeon or all of the RT-generating rooms of the Silverwater Mines. Each of those areas generate special messaging before the room info, and in the case of the former it's actually contained in the GSo/GSp tags used to surround the room name (that means moving into that room in unlocked mapping mode will always create a new room rather than moving to the previously-created room).

Everything like moving in invalid directions and such messages like "the current drags you..." can be handled via triggers and the #NOMAP/#NODIR commands. There are a lot of these messages, so I'd try to keep things as organized as possible. One thing I do, for instance, is group all related messages into a separate class.

And to keep your place as you travel along scripted exits (ie, aesry stairs, Ker'Leor, the entrance to that little light/dark temple thingy just west of Shard, the crawlway in the dusk ogre tunnel near Riverhaven, etc), set the Timeout Timer (look in Preferences, under Slow Walking) to 120000. Until that timer expires, you will still autowalk to wherever you were wanting to go when you went through that scripted exit.

J'Lo, no that other one
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html