Forums 01/26/2022 06:40 PM CST
At the offset let me state this is not intended to be a condemnation, but a genuine request made in good faith.

Wouldn't it be prudent at this point to have a SGM or such announce that for all intents and purposes the only certain way to reliably expect feedback is no longer posting on the boards but using ASSIST REQUEST, Emailing, or using Discord? Receiving feedback through the forums now is roughly on the same plane as divining through xylomancy.

And no, the absurdity of posting this request about conveyance of dependable feedback through the very forum I'm implying no longer has dependable feedback isn't lost on me, lol.
Re: Forums 02/06/2022 08:03 PM CST
But the forms are intuitive and easy to navigate?

More seriously: what are you looking to get feedback on through the forums? For most things beyond development commentary and socialization, they've never been the way to get in touch with staff.

"Warrior Mages don't bother covering up their disasters.
They're proud of them." -Raesh, on history
Re: Forums 02/08/2022 07:12 PM CST
To provide the requested SGM red name response:

Lyneya relayed recently that the onsite folks are looking into a number of updates to the website. I/we don't have a timeline at the moment, but we do know that that forums are planned to be retired/removed entirely when those updates come. That may have had some effect on how responsive we are on the forums, but we're also pretty heavily engaged in the public Discord.

While we can't/won't/don't respond to everything (just like here on the forums), there are a number of engaging conversations between staff and players and you can mute channels or entire topics you aren't interested in. It is a moderated server, and violations on Discord can have punishments extended to characters and accounts in game when necessary. We strongly encourage folks to join up. You can use the DISCORD verb in game for the current link. Please follow the steps exactly to avoid problems and delays! You have to join the server via the link, then use the DISCORD verb in game to setup how you display in the server (either a character name or account name). Your Discord ID is case-sensitive, and if you use special characters you're probably going to run into issues.

Beyond Discord, yes -- Feedback (address in the EMAIL verb!) remains an avenue to relay feedback to us about particular systems, changes, policies, interactions, etc. Our Facebook page still gets some attention, and Twitter as well. If you encounter a bug, you can use BUG in game to report it to us. If there's a policy or mechanics concern, you can ASSIST, but please don't ASSIST to chat with us about changes/systems/etc. Discord is a better avenue for that.

Zadraes
Re: Forums 02/09/2022 05:59 AM CST
Thank you very much for the information and updates, Zadraes! You're truly a paragon, sir!