Dragon Realms 12/30/2021 12:00 AM CST
I have been enjoying this game for years, albeit with some hiatus's. In that time I have learned a lot of things. A few to mention are that, this game requires a school course to play. Every time I come back I need to dedicate a few hours to relearn things, and thats only because I spent a few weeks the first time I played. My first official suggestion would be to have a small team to make this game palatable, at least for the absolute new players, and that also incorporates new to muds. Have a promo that incorporates new player feedback, reward feedback with items, gametime, partial fest passes, ect. To learn the nuances that befuddle the ignorant.Correct as necessary.
That leads me to my second suggestion, either build upon the genie platform, or create a new platform. With some rumble introduction/education guides. I heard that genie might get tossed, if thats the case you will lose a lot of players. I mean most have spent years building scripts with these platforms. If you decide to create a new platform, make it in a newer coding language, that will attract people who want to learn the newer codes.
My last suggestion, mini adventures that cost plat, but that dont reward fest items...maybe a number of plat adventures that add up to a small fest item? Its just, some kind of something needs to be added or all you have are bots that dont interact, and lets face it. A mmo's attraction are the people. The good, bad, and the ugly make a mmo.
Re: Dragon Realms 01/03/2022 04:09 PM CST
<<I heard that genie might get tossed, if thats the case you will lose a lot of players. I mean most have spent years building scripts with these platforms. If you decide to create a new platform, make it in a newer coding language, that will attract people who want to learn the newer codes.

Genie is a third-party client and not owned or supported by Simutronics. So if something even happens to it (god forbid because you're right, it would be devastating to a lot of players), it would not be via a choice of Simutronics. It (thankfully) just went open-source, so I don't see that happening any time soon.

Having said that, updates to Stormfront or even a new Simutronics front-end would be a great idea. Something I'm unsure if it would ever happen, but there's been a lot of development the past 30 years that I feel like the Simu supported front-ends lack.

Nikpack
Re: Dragon Realms 01/04/2022 09:44 AM CST
>>Having said that, updates to Stormfront or even a new Simutronics front-end would be a great idea.

Here's an easy update for Simu's in-house front end: stop calling it the same thing as a neo-nazi/white nationalist organization, which was even the case when it first launched.

Anyone who googles our front end gets this as the top result: https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/group/stormfront – not a great look!

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Dragon Realms 01/04/2022 02:58 PM CST
>>Here's an easy update for Simu's in-house front end: stop calling it the same thing as a neo-nazi/white nationalist organization, which was even the case when it first launched.

Sounds like that has nothing to do with the game, so changing the name over it would be silly. Also... never heard of it.
Re: Dragon Realms 01/05/2022 02:06 PM CST
>>Sounds like that has nothing to do with the game

It does if you tell someone "hey, you can play this game on Stormfront" and the first page of google results are articles about the neo-Nazi organization, Stormfront, and a comic character who is a blatant connection to the neo-Nazi organization, Stormfront.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.