Instanced Hunting/Mini-Quests 03/12/2021 04:54 PM CST
Based on a conversation from the discord that seemed to descend into other topics rather quickly…

I love the B&E system. Every so often, you get to take a group and pop into a little space to do some stuff, you get a fun item, move some skills, etc. I also like how some of the MT events are basically the same thing, but often with fighting.

It would be neat if we had something similar for hunting. You'd fight flex mobs all the way through, training your combats, and at the end you'd also get some other skill moving based on what you had to do. For example:

Instance Task Skill Reward Item Reward
[animal] caveMake your way through a cave, fighting bats and spiders along the way, to kill a [animal] for a trapperYou watch the trapper skin the [creature], learning some skinning and first aid (anatomy)Some coins + bones and/or skin/pelt based on the critter killed. Small chance the trapper gives you a random T5 skin/pelt/bone as a bonus reward
[humanoid] campHelp a local noble recover stolen treasure by making your way through the [humanoid] camp and fighting the leaderThe noble won't shut up about the treasure you recovered, so you learn appraisal and a crafting lore tied to what the "best" item you saved for them isSome coins + item. Small chance the noble gives you something extra from the chest (T5 gem or metal).
abandoned [structure]Clear out corporeal undead from a structure so a scholar can access some materialsScholar discusses the art recovered, learning some scholarship and perceptionThe scholar gives you a work from the stockpile they reviewed (painting for a home, toy, book, etc). Small chance the scholar finds something extra of note that isn't of use to them (magical device, more fluffy/engaging object/etc).

There's no timer in the instance like B&E (or at least nothing as fast as B&E), just so there's no overwhelming urgency to kill ASAP that favors high-DPS classes. The timer for using the system is based on being able to ask for the job, and the only one in a group who has a cooldown to ask again is the person who asked to begin with. This means the advantage to going as a group is that everyone has their own "ask" timer, so folks can take turns asking to keep the fun going (think similar to the HE eggs, where each user with their own egg gets their own timer, so they can produce multiple champions in a row).

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Instanced Hunting/Mini-Quests 03/13/2021 06:51 AM CST
I love this idea! To borrow a line from Madigan- +1

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy