Simucoins Claiming 03/10/2021 06:48 AM CST
Hello,

can you automate this process?
having to go in every month to claim them gets forgotten so many times....the last year, I probably claimed twice if that.
it flew by so fast.....

would be great to just have it add coins to active accounts every month.
Re: Simucoins Claiming 03/10/2021 10:37 AM CST
There are business reasons why this is not likely to ever happen. Create a monthly calendar invite in your email provider of choice.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors." -Raesh
Re: Simucoins Claiming 03/10/2021 12:58 PM CST
>>There are business reasons why this is not likely to ever happen.

You could make the argument that it's better "for business reasons" to have folks have to sign in daily to get 15/20/25 simucoins, wouldn't make it any less obnoxious.

That said, a good middle ground might be to remove the individual monthly timer and just set up a universal monthly timer. At least that makes it less "I need to log in the first Monday each month at 1pm to make sure I maximize my simucoin payout," which to me is at least the most obnoxious part of how it's currently set up (although automatically giving them like we get LTBs would be infinitely better).

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Simucoins Claiming 03/10/2021 01:58 PM CST
>You could make the argument that it's better "for business reasons" to have folks have to sign in daily to get 15/20/25 simucoins, wouldn't make it any less obnoxious.

But that would be a nonsense argument. And there's no way that you'd make one of those... 🙄

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors." -Raesh
Re: Simucoins Claiming 03/10/2021 03:23 PM CST
>>But that would be a nonsense argument. And there's no way that you'd make one of those...

The way it's currently structure is good "for business reason" because it (1) keeps people engaged and (2) you don't end up spending/losing money if someone isn't engaged. Plenty of games (generally F2P/MT heavy ones, too!) do daily rewards vs a monthly reward, in order to increase engagement in a similar manner. It's arguably good "for business reasons," and a natural acceleration/escalation of the current practice.

I don't necessarily agree it's the best way to go about doing things from a user side.

In other words, I don't think the onus should be on the player to "use it or lose it" every month. It's, at best, roughly $7.50 in monopoly money a month. Just give us the monopoly money by default.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Simucoins Claiming 03/10/2021 03:26 PM CST
> Just give us the monopoly money by default.

These things have real financial impact on balance sheets.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

Re: Simucoins Claiming 03/14/2021 08:46 AM CDT
An in-Game method to claim the coins would also be nice, easier to do.
still have to remember, but it's easier and quicker.

add it to the current simucoin command
SIMUCOIN CLAIM - claims monthly rewards