Can I borrow a charging cable? 02/17/2021 12:33 PM CST
So, does anyone see any benefits from charging from pole range while advancing?

I don't and would think it's high time for it to be removed. Sounds like a good thing to put on the Tuesday list of items to update unless anyone has any benefits I don't see from this functionality.

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!

Barbarian Guild Suggestions
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4L5hAxR1-VLDegDNZBIhGdo5bMgnCtm84Icm2E0utU/edit#gid=0
Re: Can I borrow a charging cable? 02/17/2021 03:21 PM CST
>>I don't and would think it's high time for it to be removed. Sounds like a good thing to put on the Tuesday list of items to update unless anyone has any benefits I don't see from this functionality.

I'd love a toggle that just turns it off. Would actually be helpful for folks with pole weapons too, so they can advance from pole AND attack (right now they just charge if advancing and attacking, despite being able to still hit from pole, right?).

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Can I borrow a charging cable? 02/17/2021 03:35 PM CST
You hit the nail on the head!

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!

Barbarian Guild Suggestions
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4L5hAxR1-VLDegDNZBIhGdo5bMgnCtm84Icm2E0utU/edit#gid=0
Re: Can I borrow a charging cable? 02/18/2021 06:35 AM CST
As pole weapon primary, I hate charge. The only time you should be charging is if you type in `charge`.

~Hunter Hanryu
>I would like to avoid the collection of broken dreams and sorrow that is the Ranger guild.~Agalea
Re: Can I borrow a charging cable? 03/03/2021 10:58 AM CST
>>So, does anyone see any benefits from charging from pole range while advancing?

It's preferable, almost necessary, to allow melee weapon users to not get infinitely kited via RETREAT. If someone is using a bow I can advance, wait to get to pole, then punch/claw/lunge/whatever and get a single hit in before they have a good chance to RETREAT and be back at missile again. It prevents being stuck advancing forever. Pole ranged weapons (and ranged, and CC) address this, but not as simply or broadly.

I also believe it has a to-hit bonus, but that's anecdotal off a very small data set and hazy memories. I certainly can't confirm it and could easily be wrong.

That said, I wouldn't be opposed to changing the mechanics in which it applies - requiring CHARGE instead of any old attack, for example. Or disabling it for pole-ranged weapons, and simply having you swing in place rather than charge (without having to type RETREAT before your swing to stop your advance, and perhaps without having to stop your advance at all, depending on implementation.)