Simucoin Race Change? 02/05/2021 06:26 AM CST
Thoughts on allowing race changes via Simucoin? Seems like a natural transactional function to permit. Totally understand not allowing name changes, but being able to change race after significant investment could be nice.
Re: Simucoin Race Change? 02/08/2021 06:58 PM CST
There are multiple unintended consequences with allowing people to pay to change their race, not the least of which is the ability to game the TDP price to raise stats based on racial +/-. Just throwing one of several out there I am thinking of.

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!

Barbarian Guild Suggestions
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4L5hAxR1-VLDegDNZBIhGdo5bMgnCtm84Icm2E0utU/edit#gid=0
Re: Simucoin Race Change? 02/08/2021 09:11 PM CST
>>There are multiple unintended consequences with allowing people to pay to change their race, not the least of which is the ability to game the TDP price to raise stats based on racial +/-. Just throwing one of several out there I am thinking of.

I'm not a fan of a race change because I feel it breaks character a bit too much for my taste, but if you're able to have 100% of your TDPs refunded to you via those stat respec potions these days, I figure the system could theoretically just refund all your TDPs before having you change your race.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Simucoin Race Change? 02/14/2021 07:16 PM CST
From an IC perspective, we've witnessed multiple NPCs change races so it isn't unheard of. As for the implications, I don't see the problem as previously stated since TDP refunds are already a thing and allowing players to change races would be a zero sum game simply robbing from Peter to pay Paul. I personally don't have a use for it and I'm sure Simu would weigh the ROI for their time, but I don't immediately see how it'd be game breaking outside of upsetting the purist mentality of "You made your bed like all of us now lie in it."
Re: Simucoin Race Change? 02/14/2021 09:53 PM CST
>>I don't immediately see how it'd be game breaking outside of upsetting the purist mentality of "You made your bed like all of us now lie in it."

I can respect there being some line in the sand decisions that folks should just stick to (similar to rename tokens).

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Simucoin Race Change? 02/19/2021 05:38 PM CST
Thinking about the features system and handling the conversions from Moonskin Rakash to dimpled Halfling or head-crested S'Kra Mur to tailed Prydaen is enough to make me 'nope' away from even thinking about that in more detail. And that's not even trying to account for custom/special features that people paid money for.

Or suddenly having items (or homes) that were restricted to a particular race.

Where do tailbands on a S'Kra end up when you turn into a Gnome?

It definitely would not be a 'just flip a switch' situation. There'd be all kinds of chaotic fallout. I wouldn't hold my breath.

Zadraes
Re: Simucoin Race Change? 02/21/2021 09:59 PM CST
This isn't something I'm particularly hoping for but why not simplify to a logic something like this:

1. Warnings - Potential for custom feature loss and homes must be deeded similar to the transfer process?
2. Select New Race plus confirm understanding/acceptance
3. Refund all TDPs to player and set stats to 0 or base
4. Put all items in a sack similar to Droughtman's I believe or justice system
5. Change to new race

There would need to be an understanding if a player wants to go this route, then all special features would be lost.

V
Re: Simucoin Race Change? 02/22/2021 06:21 AM CST
Doesn't fix the racially-restricted home issue.
Re: Simucoin Race Change? 02/22/2021 12:40 PM CST
Or you could just roll up a new character of the race you desire and play them. :cough:

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!

Barbarian Guild Suggestions
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4L5hAxR1-VLDegDNZBIhGdo5bMgnCtm84Icm2E0utU/edit#gid=0