AutoPaths 01/06/2021 10:48 AM CST
Any chance that someone could look at autopaths and how they heal now that empaths have viable ways to learn empathy outside of healing people? It's terribly frustrating to walk to an autopath and have them take 1 wound and immediately start resting, is that really how the system was intended to work? Any help here would be wonderful.

Damian, a voice from the distant and long-forgotten past.
Re: AutoPaths 01/08/2021 03:25 AM CST
It really is how they're intended to work. They're meant to be frustrating and annoying, but an option in an emergency situation. The preference is to use player empaths or alchemy healing. In places like Plat, we recognize that player empaths may not always be available, but Fang Cove is fairly accessible there.

Autohealers are talked about from time to time, but the general feeling behind the curtain is to make them worse (much, much more expensive), not better. For the moment, I'm not aware of any in-progress plans for changes.

Zadraes
Re: AutoPaths 01/08/2021 07:16 AM CST
>In places like Plat, we recognize that player empaths may not always be available, but Fang Cove is fairly accessible there.

Have you considered that the population of Prime today is much closer to plat in it's heyday than we're comfortable talking about, and that given the expanse of options for empaths beyond 'sit in guild/gathering spot and heal' means that empaths are in general far less available than they were in the past?

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors." -Raesh
Re: AutoPaths 01/08/2021 12:57 PM CST
>Have you considered that the population of Prime today is much closer to plat

Prime:
Online Players: 630
Found 84 Empaths.

Plat:
Online Players: 14
Found 1 Empath.

The population of the two aren't close, and Plat never saw those numbers. Last time I checked, Empaths were able to hear gweths just like everyone else. But some want this to be solo realms and typing "think Is there an Empath available near {location}?" is scary, for some reason. Improving player empath accessibility gets more traction than autohealers. A couple of those discussion have happened recently, but there's nothing to share at this particular moment.

Zadraes
Re: AutoPaths 01/08/2021 03:51 PM CST
Any chance that herbs/alchemy could be (a) simplified and/or (b) see weight reductions - at least for younger adventurers? Perhaps the amount of salve/herb required to heal could scale with strength/stamina/circle or similar. That is, smaller characters would be able to nibble, gnaw, or otherwise consume very small amounts of a given herb/salve/poultice/etc. to get a given benefit while a larger/older adventurer would need to consume more herb-units to get the same healing benefit? (The goal here would be to allow smaller characters to carry around a moderately representative set of herbs without becoming ludicrously overburdened, not to add weight issues to larger characters.)
Re: AutoPaths 01/08/2021 06:08 PM CST
While I don't think we should have lower circle players get more bang for their buck from remedies just because they might have lower stamina, it would be neat if players could eat unprocessed alchemical goods for a notably weaker form of the remedy.

So you're not going to fix a gushing arm wound by just eating some raw jadice flowers, but it would address those tiny scratches.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: AutoPaths 01/09/2021 07:03 AM CST
My biggest hope for the crafted alchemy system was a cebi/hisan equivalent for fresh wounds. I think you'd see a huge spike in participation in the craft, sales of finished goods to players, and general 'herb usage', if we could make simplify the kit required to use herbs. I think it was a huge mistake not to simplify the number of herbs needed for healing through high level alchemy.

~Hunter Hanryu
>I would like to avoid the collection of broken dreams and sorrow that is the Ranger guild.~Agalea
Re: AutoPaths 01/09/2021 10:48 AM CST
Ive been arguing this for a while but my wording was lacking (probably all that pewter). While there is some growth in alchemy from players its pretty rough for them and requires a great amount of support then when they see what it all comes out too i think its kinda lack-luster at the end and could use a touchup.

May your pockets always be full and wrists chainless
Re: AutoPaths 01/09/2021 02:16 PM CST
What Han and Mag said, with tie in to firstaid system.

Jalika
Re: AutoPaths 01/09/2021 08:16 PM CST
>Have you considered that the population of Prime today is much closer to plat
>Zadraes

That's an impressive straw man you put up there, since you quite intentionally chopped off part of my comment.

Here's the full quote with emphasis:

Have you considered that the population of Prime today is much closer to plat in it's heyday than we're comfortable talking about

I can't imagine why you'd want to drop that little bit there...🤔

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors." -Raesh
Re: AutoPaths 01/10/2021 10:03 AM CST
Would love to see remedies become more viable. Better than auto path, but not as good as the real thing. Currently you have to lug around a whole library of different herbs that end up being heavy and hard to keep straight. Some sort of QOL change would be valuable. Maybe narrow it down to needing only 4 or 5 potions if you get the high end recipes?
Re: AutoPaths 01/11/2021 11:26 AM CST
I'd love to see using herbs teach FA and have FA make them more effective.

Also wouldn't be the worst idea to have a universal wound healer like cebi and hisan for scars, although I would assume they're overall notably weaker than a more targeted wound healer (otherwise you're definitively going to make it the one herb used and make all the lower tier ones a bit pointless).

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: AutoPaths 01/13/2021 09:07 AM CST
simplifying Alchemy would be nice, carrying around a portable herb shop of dozens of remedies is insane.
Re: AutoPaths 01/19/2021 08:26 PM CST
Also regarding the alchemy system, could we please consider naming the salves, potions, and whatnot to reflect what they heal, instead of only having the name of the herb present. I wouldn't be adverse to some kind of toggle that would show healed parts in parenthesis, if that is what would work best in this case. There's just a lot of herbs to keep track of and memorize, and little minimization available in the number of remedies either.

Nimithiel