New player tutorials? 12/02/2020 03:21 PM CST
Hello all, I'm an old player of many years duration, but have recently started afresh after a decade or more break. I have introduced my 12yr old daughter to the game, and am starting to re-learn it alongside her. However, I'm sure I recall that in the distant past there was a new player tutorial/guide/tips? I remember following tasks and having some clue what to do to get through my first days - and I'm sure there was somewhere I went for an initial heal in a shop or something. Has this all gone now? My daughter would not have had a clue what to do were it not for my guidance. I would love to see some new breath back in these lands, what can we do to make it more appealing to new players?
Re: New player tutorials? 12/03/2020 12:35 AM CST
>>CBEST2: Hello all, I'm an old player of many years duration, but have recently started afresh after a decade or more break. I have introduced my 12yr old daughter to the game, and am starting to re-learn it alongside her. However, I'm sure I recall that in the distant past there was a new player tutorial/guide/tips? I remember following tasks and having some clue what to do to get through my first days - and I'm sure there was somewhere I went for an initial heal in a shop or something. Has this all gone now? My daughter would not have had a clue what to do were it not for my guidance. I would love to see some new breath back in these lands, what can we do to make it more appealing to new players?

Welcome back!

There isn't much in the way of in-game tutorials, but you are not without help.

There are many new player guides on Elanthipedia (a resource maintained by players): https://elanthipedia.play.net/Category:New_player_guides

The CHATTER command allows new players to ask Mentors questions.

Often there are Mentors available in-game if you ring the doorbell at Jadewater Mansion. (It may take them a few minutes to arrive.) Type DIR MENTOR while in Crossing for directions.

The official forum can also be a good place to ask questions.

Finally, there are some player-run communities you can join, like the DragonRealms subreddit or Discord servers.

GM Cordulia
Re: New player tutorials? 12/03/2020 07:19 AM CST
I second that Welcome Back!

While there aren't many in-game tutorials, the Help and Advice systems have undergone some serious updating and improvement. Also, the Dir command has been expanded, and will work in Riverhaven as well as Crossing.

If you come across me in-game, by all means ask! I'll be glad to chatter your digital ears off!

Ryeka and company

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: New player tutorials? 12/03/2020 04:57 PM CST
Welcome back!

I'm Feli#6890 on discord. Happy to help with questions if I can.

- Felicini