Re: Titles! 03/17/2021 09:27 AM CDT

Removed gender? Give me a break. There was already a way for players to change genders if they wanted a gender-specific title. No reason to remove gender requirements from titles. Might as well remove gender and pronouns from the game altogether, since that's the direction it seems you want to go anyway.
Re: Titles! 03/17/2021 09:34 AM CDT
"Only male Paladins should be guardsmen >:(" is the oddest hill to want to die on.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Titles! 03/17/2021 09:39 AM CDT
So before this change I had gone to the sand cove in crossing and wandered around and found the right token (silver) and got my 2 titles available due to my subscription months (2 titles for 284 months seems low but it is what it is). Its seems those have now vanished and there is nothing in the Subscription section. Did the changes erase those?

Thanks,

Rehlyn

Well, see, there's the linchpin of why everything you're saying is wrong. There's the fulcrum. There's the centerpiece. There's the turkey on the Thanksgiving table.
Re: Titles! 03/17/2021 09:48 AM CDT
> "Only male Paladins should be guardsmen >:(" is the oddest hill to want to die on.

I'll give you that removing gender requirements for titles that didn't make sense is a good thing. But she said they have been removed everywhere, not just where they make sense. English tells me that men can't be maidens.
Re: Titles! 03/17/2021 10:12 AM CDT
It's a good thing English doesn't have a long history of morphing over time and instead is a carefully curated and controlled language based on official rules.

Otherwise what makes sense would be really subjective and stuff.

Heck you might have non-men sitting in the House of Lords or something.

Player of Ryken
---
"Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon." ~ Doug Larson

AIM - RykenDR
Re: Titles! 03/17/2021 10:16 AM CDT
Looking forward to seeing some folks hyperfocused on the first PC Lich is using the title Mistress of Death than the unending waves of skeletons eating everyone.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Titles! 03/17/2021 02:59 PM CDT

> It's a good thing English doesn't have a long history of morphing over time

Right, because maid and maiden hasn't meant the same thing for the last 1000 years.

Ohhh...wait
Re: Titles! 03/17/2021 04:16 PM CDT
>Right, because maid and maiden hasn't meant the same thing for the last 1000 years.

It hasn't. In Middle English "maid" simply meant an unmarried and/or virginal young woman. Then it changed to "a female domestic servant" or thereabouts during the Victorian era. It shares the same root - maegden - as "maiden." Maiden also gets used in contexts that have nothing to do with the youthfulness or virginity of the women referred to - see shield-maiden, for example. I do grant that it always referred to women or girls in some sense... but who cares? Do you think that there's going to be a huge rush of masculine characters running around with Maiden titles? Does it really hurt you that much that they took the simpler approach - remove all restrictions based on gender or sex - rather than try to individually arbitrate what "makes sense" with countless small arguments cropping up whenever someone disagreed with whether something made sense, when they just want to be able to use the Lord Paragon or Guardsman or Battle Lion title on their feminine character?
Re: Titles! 03/17/2021 04:27 PM CDT
>So before this change I had gone to the sand cove in crossing and wandered around and found the right token (silver) and got my 2 titles available due to my subscription months (2 titles for 284 months seems low but it is what it is). Its seems those have now vanished and there is nothing in the Subscription section. Did the changes erase those?

Unfortunately, it looks like we missed saving the purchase data initially. When Prime reset this morning, it's possible that the tracking for some of you who had purchased the titles was lost/reset. We have other records to confirm if you had the title or not. You should be able to re-purchase the token(s) in the Seacaves that you qualify for if this affected you. Likewise, if you need the coin back (they were cheap, but this was a mistake on our end!), please ASSIST and a GM can issue the refund when available. If you need to log out before speaking to someone, you can! You'll still be in the queue when you log back in.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Zadraes
Re: Titles! 03/17/2021 06:26 PM CDT
Thanks for the info

the coin is irrelevant, i'll just go back to crossin and redo it, no problemo

Rehlyn

Well, see, there's the linchpin of why everything you're saying is wrong. There's the fulcrum. There's the centerpiece. There's the turkey on the Thanksgiving table.
Re: Titles! 03/17/2021 07:47 PM CDT
>So before this change I had gone to the sand cove in crossing and wandered around and found the right token (silver) and got my 2 titles available due to my subscription months (2 titles for 284 months seems low but it is what it is).

You are entitled to the 5 year titles, the 10 year titles, the 15 year titles and the 20 year titles (8 titles).

- Felicini
Re: Titles! 03/18/2021 04:35 AM CDT
okay, thanks Felicini,

i guess I assumed the 20 year token would have all the titles available for a 20 year recipient, never occurred to me to pick up the lesser year ones too.

Rehlyn

Re: Titles! 03/18/2021 10:23 PM CDT
Now that we have established precedent for removing the gender requirement from titles, will you also remove race?

When I was playing Ariwin, an Elven Ranger I always identified as a Dwarf. Drinking rum all the time, Spending my free time smithing in the forges, adopting myself to surrogate Dwarven PC parents, trying my level best to grow a respectable beard. The Son of Stone title really defines that more closely than the Wind Listener title.

Judge me not by my pointy ears and arched brows. For if you prick me, I shall grunt angrily. If you tickle me, I shall surely swing my hammer at you. If you poison me, you're wasting you're time as I have natural resistance. And if you wrong me, I shall drink myself blind and fly into a drunken rage.

- Anuind Silverspruce

Any drunken idiot can fall off a bar stool, a real man rides it to the ground.
Re: Titles! 03/19/2021 11:41 AM CDT
Thank you for these fixes. Unfortunately I still don't have access to the Arch Hunter title.

>title pre choose ranger arch hunter
That is not a title you can choose.

>title pre choose ranger arch huntress
You set your pretitle to Arch Huntress.

Player of Pathyn