Question 04/13/2004 03:30 PM CDT
Can you really link to a site that has profanitiy like this...?

http://www.livejournal.com/~drbubba/

Yamcer

Simutronics says, "Hey look, foot, let's shoot it."
Re: Question 04/13/2004 04:13 PM CDT
Ewww, and he listens to Celine Dion.

I'm so disillusioned now.

~Dulcinia

Re: Question 04/14/2004 05:16 AM CDT
Probably can. Staff has no control over the contents of outside sites. Anyways, it'll be a very BRAVE little BM that tries to pull one of Solomon's posts.

Anyways, it wasn't too bad until he got to the words "pudding pops." That might be vulgar enough to get THIS post pulled for mentioning those evil things...

Amagaim; the player of,

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion,
It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,
The hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning,
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
---Unknown Author, Usenet
Re: Question 04/14/2004 07:22 AM CDT
<<Probably can. Staff has no control over the contents of outside sites. Anyways, it'll be a very BRAVE little BM that tries to pull one of Solomon's posts.

I don't doubt they would hide a post if it was out of line, he might get a little more leeway in the gray areas.

Sylvado

"It's not much of an adventure without risk."
Re: Question 04/14/2004 10:13 AM CDT
Yeah, but whenever you click those other sites you get a nice little:

WARNING
In 15 seconds you will be redirected to a website link you clicked on in the game. Simutronics has no control over the content on the website you are about to visit. Proceed at your own risk.

Sure, that doesn't keep younger kids away from it, but as my stance has always been, it is the parent's responsibility to keep kids off of sites that don't want them on. As far as the adults go, if you can't dig it, don't click it.

You are Agonar's Best Friend Raydell D'Rougus, a Human Barbarian.
> ask agonar about best friend
Agonar glares at you, "I do not have time for idle chatter or nonsense. Make sense or begone!"
>You say, "Somethin' wrong here..."
Re: Question 04/14/2004 10:25 AM CDT
<<Yeah, but whenever you click those other sites you get a nice little:

Recently I haven't been getting that for the links to the player sites either.

Sylvado

"It's not much of an adventure without risk."
Thread Over Re: Question 04/14/2004 10:34 AM CDT
Hi Folks,

This isn't a discussion folder. As the topic heading reads, please do not use Reply or respond to threads here.

Questions or comments - take it to e-mail, MOD-Annwyl@Play.net or Senior Board Monitor DR-Redryn@Play.net or Senior Board Monitor DR-Emony@Play.net.

MOD-Annwyl
Question for the board mnitors 09/26/2005 07:59 AM CDT
At what point does this sort of posting cross the line from irritating/obnoxious to inflamatory/disruptive?

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=20&category=1&topic=3&message=38711
http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=20&category=1&topic=8&message=6796

This sort of overt trolling has derailed several otherwise worthwhile discussions this month. While most of us have learned to ignore it, the posts still have a high enough response rate to be an impediment to meaningful communication. Even those of us who ignore the author are confronted with a deluge of utterly unconstructive posts generated by these blatantly erroneous and absurd comments.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.
Re: Question for the board mnitors 09/26/2005 01:26 PM CDT
It's already been stated by the board mods they don't care if posters purposefuly try to lower the signal to noise ratio. Insuring useful and correct posting is not part of their job.

'Slimy Yet Satisfying' - Miko Mido

Supreme Bunny Overlord Zairius
Re: Question for the board mnitors 09/27/2005 06:18 PM CDT
>>board mods don't care if posters purposefuly try to lower the signal to noise ratio. Insuring useful and correct posting is not part of their job.

1. This is not a discussion folder.

2. To clarify, I am not asking about signal-to-noise ratios, or the accuracy or usefulness of posts. I am asking for a clarification of posting policy, as to when overt trolling, blatant fallacies, and deliberate obstruction of dialog can be considered inflamatory or disruptive.

What specific criteria aqre used in determining that constructive, informative posts on certain topics are removed due to being "disruptive" while posts such as these

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=20&category=1&topic=8&message=6799
http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=20&category=1&topic=8&message=6850

are deemed non-disruptive and allowed to stand. If this were a town council meeting and someone repeatedly stood and made statements likening kissing in public to child abuse, they would be ruled out of order and forcibly removed from the hall.

I am not requesting any sort of action against any individual poster, nor am I asking that any account's posting privilidges be removed, but I would like a clarification of the policy as to what constitutes a "disruptive" or "inflamatory" post.
Re: Question for the board mnitors 09/27/2005 09:28 PM CDT
>>To clarify, I am not asking about signal-to-noise ratios, or the accuracy or usefulness of >>posts. I am asking for a clarification of posting policy, as to when overt trolling, >>blatant fallacies, and deliberate obstruction of dialog can be considered inflamatory or >>disruptive.

I have been reading the thread in question. As has been pointed out, we can't really pull a post because it appears to derail a thread. The way to deal with people who you think are doing that is to re-state the point of the thread and to ignore the troublemakers.

While someone may make a habit to post erroneous, apparently meaningless posts in response to a topic, I am not able to make the judgement call to say that a poster's opinion is worthless or that it is a deliberate action. Only the other posters can make that decision for themselves and either block the poster so they are not subjected to what they consider 'drivel' and make a point, in any other posts, to restate the original discussion points.

If you have any questions or comments, please write to DR-Cecco@play.net.

Cecco
Supervisor, DragonRealms Message Boards.