Request 04/30/2003 03:38 PM CDT
Can you please do something about Post 573 (and resulting thread) in the Dragonrealms Policy Discussions - Scripting Policy Folder?

Thank you.

~Coine, Xalixis, Xoine and the rest

"We have met the enemy and it is us."
---Walt Kelly
Re: Request 04/30/2003 08:48 PM CDT
I already handled it... but thanks anyway.

Eyrick Emal
DR Board Monitor
Request for Outside Elanthia - Life in the Real World section 07/23/2003 12:18 PM CDT
Do you think yall could add a Southwest players section for those of us in Texas/New Mexico, etc? I have a hard time finding an adequate folder to post things in that apply to mainly Texas folks.

Would be much apprecaited. :)

Teesha/Sarah

"To alcohol! The cause of --and solution to-- all of life's problems!"
Homer J. Simpson
Re: Request for Outside Elanthia - Life in the Real World section 07/23/2003 03:04 PM CDT
Greetings,

There's already a folder in there titled "Players from the Southwest." It's just kinda far down the list, towards the bottom and somewhat easy to miss. ;)

Thanks,

Imrielle

Questions? Send me a note at Mod-Imrielle@play.net or shout out to Senior Monitor Dr-Redryn@play.net or Message Board Supervisor Dr-Cecco@play.net.
New Folder Request 09/27/2003 04:55 PM CDT
Would it be possible to add a folder with corresponding boards for the Kaith Krim, please? The boards could be divided by events, requirements, provinces for people looking to solicit people for events etc. There are so many aspects of the games that sometimes it's hard to sort through all the posts. Or if it isn't possible for a separate folder, how about creating them in the events folder?

Thanks.

Kali

http://hometown.aol.com/kaliradr/myhomepage/profile.html
Re: New Folder Request 09/28/2003 10:11 AM CDT
I'd love a new, bigger, KK folder.

-Teeklin Tessenoak, Proud Ranger of Elanthia

"Resist. Unlearn. Defy." - Incubus
Re: New Folder Request 09/29/2003 07:56 AM CDT
I have opened a Recruiting folder, but would like to hold off on creating any further folders regarding Kaith Kirm at this point.

If you have any questions or comments, then please send them to DR-Cecco@play.net.

Cecco
- Message Board Supervisor, DR
Clarification Request Regarding Vulgarity Policy 10/26/2004 07:01 PM CDT
Dear Cecco,

I write this requesting a formal outline of which words are appropriate and inappropriate for the DragonRealms message board. As it stands, it seems that each board monitor has a different take on which words are acceptable and which aren't. Compounding this problem is the fact that there seems to be quite a bit of confusion regarding if a certain term alluding to one's posterior is acceptable "speech" or not. Though it's commonly thought that policy regarding this word (among others) was relaxed, I myself had a post pulled that contained such a word within the past week.

As if that weren't enough, Solomon's most recent post regarding which words are acceptable within the game appears to contradict actual board policy. I'm confused as to why such terminology could be used in the game, when in that medium you are much more likely to come across those with virgin ears.

I would appreciate clarification on this issue. I certainly don't think it's fair to brand some people with a post pulling for one violation, yet have another person do the exact same thing and face no repercussions. Such clarification would surely only provide benefits to the playerbase so they know definitely which words are deemed unacceptable and which aren't.

Thanks.
Re: Clarification Request Regarding Vulgarity Policy 10/26/2004 07:10 PM CDT
Addendum:

>As if that weren't enough, Solomon's most recent post regarding which words are acceptable within the game appears to contradict actual board policy. I'm confused as to why such terminology could be used in the game, when in that medium you are much more likely to come across those with virgin ears.

I meant to ask why that was acceptable for the game, but not the message boards. I don't have an issue at all with it being allowed in the game; I just see an interesting dichotomy.
Re: Clarification Request Regarding Vulgarity Policy 10/26/2004 07:49 PM CDT
<<I meant to ask why that was acceptable for the game, but not the message boards.>>

While I am not Cecco, I might be able to explain.

To play Dragonrealms, you are required to be eighteen years of age or have the permission of a parent or guardian. This means that you have reached the level of maturity in which you can go view an "R"-rated movie, which oftentimes has gratuitous violence, foul language, and just a hint of naughtiness.

To view the message boards for this game, you need only go to www.play.net/forums and you're off. No agreement, no age restriction, no nothing. This makes minors far more likely to find the forums without a parent's permission than to enter the game (which, after all, requires a credit card number).

Drongol's Player

PC also stands for "Paying Customer."
Re: Clarification Request Regarding Vulgarity Policy 10/26/2004 07:50 PM CDT
By and large I've been seeing ass posted on these bbs, across all of their games for many years. If this is the word that your asking about. ::shrugs:: Most words depend on usage as to whether they are usable on the bbs.

Jim

Connecting to game - please wait.

DragonRealms will be up shortly.

* Connection to the game has been dropped.

The game appears to be alive, but it is not responding to the Wizard's requests.
Re: Clarification Request Regarding Vulgarity Policy 10/27/2004 10:19 AM CDT
SPLAT

>Fades back into the shadows holding a multi-barreled samatak laced rabid gerbil launcher

Questions and Requests.. Discussions would be better suited elsewhere. As to words allowed or not allowed.

We have a list we follow. Some are open to our interpretation (Example would be words used in London that mean something completely different in Los Angeles. And No.. I wont give a word example).

If you have a problem with a post being pulled.. let us know. Personally, I love a good argument.

Thanks

Pomae

Any questions and/or comments can be sent to me at Mod-Pomae@Play.net, or Senior Board Moderator Redryn at DR-Redryn@Play.net, Senior Board Moderator Annwyl at dr-annwyl@play.net or Board Supervisor Cecco at DR-Cecco@Play.net
Re: Clarification Request Regarding Vulgarity Policy 10/27/2004 10:44 AM CDT
http://www.viz.co.uk/profanisaurus/profanis.htm

If it's in here, it could be on the other list. Now all we need is a reverse squelch and I'll be happy.
Re: Clarification Request Regarding Vulgarity Policy 10/27/2004 05:56 PM CDT
SPLAT

>Fades back into the shadows holding a multi-barreled samatak laced rabid gerbil launcher

Questions and Requests.. Discussions would be better suited elsewhere. As to words allowed or not allowed.

We have a list we follow. Some are open to our interpretation (Example would be words used in London that mean something completely different in Los Angeles. And No.. I wont give a word example).

If you have a problem with a post being pulled.. let us know. Personally, I love a good argument.

Thanks

Pomae<--

Well, I don't see any of the last seven posts pulled, so I'm at a loss as to why you'd splat something. As to whether this would be a good area to ask such questions. Where would be a good place for future reference for those who might ask. This does look like the proper area to me, of course I'm known to be a bit thick at times.

You DR Bb monitors do not operate the same as say the GS Bb monitors. So asking such a question on say the Simu Forum would not be correct. Mattterfact the last time I tried to talk about something to do with DR on the main SIMU folder, Andy attempted to direct me to the DR bbs. Though the situation was mostly something I was trying to get onsite staff to respond to.

So Pomae of the " I love a good argument " club, why don't you clarify as to where this sort of talk should take place.

Jim, splat right back at you...

p.s: Want to see me get pissy with you? Ask Bubba and the rest of onsite staff, be vague. Thatta get me yapping at you.

Connecting to game - please wait.

DragonRealms will be up shortly.

* Connection to the game has been dropped.

The game appears to be alive, but it is not responding to the Wizard's requests.
Re: Clarification Request Regarding Vulgarity Policy 10/27/2004 06:38 PM CDT
Guys,

How to handle this all comes down to common sense. These are 'E' rated boards. I won't be issuing a list of words simply because it would be too complex and probably out of date before it was finalised. Not to mention pranksters would have a field day. Picture it...the Board Monitor team as a whole having a conniption. :g:

Posts with mild vulgarity are hidden, a courteous notice letter is sent which invites the author to re-post sans the offending word. You can consider it similar to the nudge that is given to players in-game. It isnt a caution, it isnt a warning, it is merely a nudge.

The simple fact of the matter is that policy has been handed down from DragonRealms management based on what environment they would like to see prevail, and we carry out that directive it to the best of our ability. If we make a mistake, we will gladly rectify it, we are not out to be ogres. We would just like to do the job we have been asked to do.

The times may be a-changing but until then you will be asked to change some words, and everyone can happily go on about their day.

If you have any questions or comments, then please send them to DR-Cecco@play.net.

Cecco
- Message Board Supervisor, DR
Folder Request: Politics and Religion 11/23/2005 08:11 AM CST
To whom it may concern,

Is it possible we can have a politics and religion folder, please? If this is not feasible, could you detail reasons why and whether this may be a possibility in the future.

Thanks for reading.

-PCN
Re: Folder Request: Politics and Religion 11/23/2005 08:54 AM CST
not to sound mean or anything... but 99.9% of all political and religious discussions tend to end in conflicts since veiws held so dear contrasted against someone eleses views held dear make some people feel personally attacked when a view point is attacked. and it only ends in tears. so i'd request against something like this and keep it in the OOC conflicts folder where most will likely end up.

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF
Re: Folder Request: Politics and Religion 11/23/2005 10:30 AM CST
<<but 99.9% of all political and religious discussions tend to end in conflicts since veiws held so dear contrasted against someone eleses views held dear make some people feel personally attacked when a view point is attacked. and it only ends in tears.>>

Wherever it goes, it should be opened. The reason why i post is to entertain myself whenever i dont feel like working, or get really bored at home. Since i rediscovered the boards, im taking full advantage of the option for additional info and entertainment.

A politics/Religion folder, or one for each topic makes total sense.

People end up in tears? Well, I argue that such a folder will be very instructive to said sensitive folk, and repeated exposure to like and opposing views is not only healthy, but will allow them to develop an ability to assert and respond (safely) and, over time, cause them to mature.

There's no reason to be afraid of debate. None. Especially not here.

:oP Ragran
Re: Folder Request: Politics and Religion 11/23/2005 10:44 AM CST
Besides, if it works for GS4 there's no reason it shouldn't work here.

Marksman Ahmir Nam'al

"Is glas iad na cnoic i bhfad uainn."
-Distant hills look green.
Re: Folder Request: Politics and Religion 11/23/2005 11:06 AM CST
>> not to sound mean or anything... but 99.9% of all political and religious discussions tend to end in conflicts

It isn't our fault if not everyone that plays this game is capable of handling themselves in a mature manner.

Yes, there will be disagreements, and probably some flaming, but most of us here are adults.

Then again, I've always gone to Something Awful for intelligent discussion. Worth the 10 bucks if you've got it, that's for sure.

Rev. Reene, player of a few

>
Clemency struggles with his clogged crevice.
Request for Board Monitor Team 03/03/2008 07:59 PM CST
I dont know if this is the right forum thread to ask this in but, is there any way maybe the forums could be made a little easier to locate things in? Maybe put a find posts by certain person or subject tool. Just a suggestion.
Re: Request for Board Monitor Team 03/03/2008 09:28 PM CST
you do realize you can "sort by author" to find specific peoples posts.

<<Because it's a gigantic can of worms. Eldritch, necrotic, squamous worms, writhing in a vile stew of coagulating ichor, crushed from the living gullets of a thousand infant puppies, ululating in wordless terror. - Lorz>>
Re: Request for Board Monitor Team 03/04/2008 04:13 AM CST
<<you do realize you can "sort by author" to find specific peoples posts.>>

You do realize that these forums are not very...friendly nor easy to navigate.

A search function is what they call them. These forums need one that really works...really bad.

"Failure is not our only punishment for laziness: there is also the success of others."
Jules Renard
Re: Request for Board Monitor Team 03/04/2008 09:27 AM CST
Our forums are intuitive and easy to navigate!

~Dulcinia

Not everyone comes here to hug and smooch and give pretend birth on the floor of the bank in Ratha.
-Galren Moonskin

Jrendel will always love you! He told me so once at a pizza place. No kidding.
-Ssra
Re: Request for Board Monitor Team 03/04/2008 12:12 PM CST

Complaints about the forums should be posted over in the Simutronics Forums, there's a folder specific to the Message Boards.

This is not a discussion folder, so let's end this now.

Annwyl
Senior Board Monitor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing Senior Board Monitor DR-Annwyl@play.net, or Message Board Supervisor DR-Cecco@play.net.