Any chance of first name change? 04/03/2009 05:27 PM CDT
I know i've read about this a little bit (though I couldn't find a direct post on it on the last 10 pages) and I'm pretty sure the answer is no but just to make sure - is there anyway to change your first name? To be honest I haven't played DR in about 5 and a half years and I've come back only recently. I choose my first name when I was in high school - it's not terrible but it's not amazing and I'd love to change it. I don't think anyone remembers me from 5 or so years ago so it wouldn't be a big problem for me to change it. Is there any way to get this done? Special petition, pay a fee, beg and grovel, etc.? It's just been so long that it would be reallll nice to have a new name. Thanks,

Tiruuns
Re: Any chance of first name change? 04/03/2009 05:30 PM CDT
Well, it can't hurt to ask, but I sure wouldn't get my hopes up.
Re: Any chance of first name change? 04/03/2009 05:31 PM CDT
Yes, there's a way to change your first name. Retire the character at an inn and start over.

DISCLAIMER: THIS POSTER IS NOT A MEMBER OF STAFF AND HIS INFORMATION IS/MIGHT BE WRONG.
Re: Any chance of first name change? 04/03/2009 05:39 PM CDT
Generally speaking, that's not usually an option.

Contact Feedback though. We can discuss it.

And welcome back. :)

Solomon

"The probability of someone making a mathematical formulation on a non-mathematical subject is inversely proportional to its usefulness."
- Brust's Law of Mathematical Formulations

http://www.myspace.com/simutronicsdragonrealms
Re: Any chance of first name change? 04/03/2009 05:39 PM CDT
it's been done but it cost a pretty penny

~Arwinia

The Empath spellbook is a riddle trapped in an enigma hidden inside a lot of suck.-Armifer
Re: Any chance of first name change? 04/03/2009 05:40 PM CDT
'Yes, there's a way to change your first name. Retire the character at an inn and start over.'

Ah, yes, i'm well aware of that option. Possibly another option though. I don't want to retrain all the way to circle 24 again...

Tiruuns
Re: Any chance of first name change? 04/03/2009 05:42 PM CDT
Ah, Solomon, Thank you. And yes, it's good to be back!

Tiruuns
Re: Any chance of first name change? 04/03/2009 06:16 PM CDT
>I don't want to retrain all the way to circle 24 again...

This takes so much less time than it used to.

"...I am inclined to think the focus of the [Warmage's] spellbook should be ways to make things explode, to help you make things explode, or to assist your victim in exploding." -Armifer
Re: Any chance of first name change? 04/03/2009 07:40 PM CDT
>This takes so much less time than it used to.

You know I have noticed that. Of all the changes, gaining exp has definitely improved. It's no longer a horrendous grind - well, mostly. Also thank God for the 'hunt' verb. I would have paid millions of plat for that verb back in the day.

Tiruuns