Phase 2 05/26/2007 08:50 PM CDT
So did Phase 2 ever come out? If not, what's the delay? Been months now, no?
Re: Phase 2 05/26/2007 11:44 PM CDT
>>If not, what's the delay?

There's no delay.

J'Lo, I'm a ranger.. I'd believe anything.....
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: Phase 2 05/27/2007 08:42 PM CDT
It's been more than 2 months already... please, can we get phase 2 going?

Please? Please? Pretty please?

~ Fayeza

"Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." -- Kahlil Gibran
Re: Phase 2 05/28/2007 05:32 PM CDT
I guess it's not going to happen.
Might as well change the name of the game to Elemental-Enchanting-Necromatic-Dragon-With-A-Last-NameRealms

Your mind hears Byw thinking, "well i for one COMPLETELY disagree with all of you that believe there are fairy tale creatures like trolls and goblins outside the city gates"
Re: Phase 2 05/29/2007 01:46 AM CDT
<<I guess it's not going to happen.>>

Yes, we decided to scrap the whole thing after Phase I.

?

Solomon

"Experience will come, it's not a race or anything. The ones who kill themselves to get to the finish are the ones who tire out quickly."

GM[Anti-ESP] Pormithius just killed Caelumia's ESP!
Re: Phase 2 05/29/2007 04:04 AM CDT
>>Solomon

You responded yet did not address the questions of when it will happen or why it hasn't happened already.
Re: Phase 2 05/29/2007 11:07 AM CDT
The manatee answered all questions that had not been answered many times before.

mfberg
Re: Phase 2 05/29/2007 11:34 AM CDT
My best guess is that they are waiting a long time to implement Phase II. This allows characters who already have last names enough time to register, just to make sure that they don't want to register their name and not that they couldn't make it up to register it. I seem to remember a huge stink about giving players enough time to register their characters' names when Phase I was first introduced.

Nikpack
player of Celeiros

-At the cleric meeting-
DARTENIAN says, "I think we all need to get down and pray for bit-based experience."
>DARTENIAN clears his throat.
Re: Phase 2 05/29/2007 12:06 PM CDT
>>My best guess is that they are waiting a long time to implement Phase II. This allows characters who already have last names enough time to register, just to make sure that they don't want to register their name and not that they couldn't make it up to register it. I seem to remember a huge stink about giving players enough time to register their characters' names when Phase I was first introduced.

Exactly and as was stated by Solomon way back when. To give people time to decide and, if necessary, time to raise the funds to do so. Plus, it allows time for those who play occasionally and may be a little slow to get themselves into the office.

Player of a few too many

Pol-i-tics (pol-i-tiks) n. 1. "Poli" meaning many. 2. "Tics" meaning blood-sucking insects.
Re: Phase 2 05/29/2007 12:07 PM CDT
<<You responded yet did not address the questions of when it will happen or why it hasn't happened already.>>

Maybe not this time, but it has been answered before.

To sum up:

We will release Phase II when we're ready to release it and it hasn't happened yet because we're not ready.

Nikpack is right on the money.

Solomon

"Experience will come, it's not a race or anything. The ones who kill themselves to get to the finish are the ones who tire out quickly."

Re: Phase 2 05/29/2007 04:00 PM CDT
>>The manatee answered all questions that had not been answered many times before.

I think you got that wrong, there. It should be "The manatee answers all questions that have been answered before, Bubba answers questions that haven't."

J'Lo, I'm a ranger.. I'd believe anything.....
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: Phase 2 05/29/2007 04:38 PM CDT
If I say that I'm waiting on Phase II to register a different name of mine that I don't have on my character currently, will phase 2 come quicker?

Sothios Clan-Csencsits
Aesry Locksmith Union Representative
Re: Phase 2 05/29/2007 04:49 PM CDT
<<If I say that I'm waiting on Phase II to register a different name of mine that I don't have on my character currently, will phase 2 come quicker?>>

Just for you, I'll release Phase II a day earlier than I intended.

Solomon

Re: Phase 2 05/29/2007 06:03 PM CDT
Woot for infinity minus one:)

Farewell, remorse: all good to me is lost; Evil, be thou my good.
~Paradise Lost (bk. IX, l. 171)
Re: Phase 2 05/29/2007 06:51 PM CDT
any chance of you releasing it in TF first?

i'm just waiting for a name for my family there. :-)

and you won't have to worry about pesky things like a screener, or at least one with as many nono's -- for the names there.

<<If nothing else, maybe some Magic Using guilds will now feel the joys of "You cannot steal here.", at least for a while.--Solomon>>
Re: Phase 2 06/10/2007 02:08 PM CDT
> Woot for infinity minus one:)

The most accurate definition of 'soon' I've read yet.

Medir

Booze? We've got it.
[http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Medir's_Tavern]
re: Phase 2 07/20/2007 10:26 PM CDT
Please can you tell us how much longer before phase 2 will be released in prime? Is there something coding or QC related that still needs to be done? Thanks.

~Ranger Hanryu, Sword of House Calibanor
Keeper of the CEC
http://www.kynevon.info/CombatEquipmentCompendium.xls
re: Phase 2 07/21/2007 01:07 AM CDT
<<Please can you tell us how much longer before phase 2 will be released in prime? Is there something coding or QC related that still needs to be done? Thanks.>>

The system is completely finished. It will be released when we're comfortable with the number of people who have had a chance to reserve their names.

I said a long time ago that this would be a lengthy process. I meant it.

Solomon

http://www.myspace.com/simutronicsdragonrealms
re: Phase 2 07/21/2007 06:57 AM CDT
Thank you for the reply. Don't suppose you'd be willing to share how many folks you're waiting on?

Keeper of the CEC
re: Phase 2 07/21/2007 03:52 PM CDT
Also if I start yelling at everyone in game and out to hurry up and register their last names, would that decrease the time till I can finally get a last name? If I can help, I want to! If we're waiting for everyone to register their names can you add a few messages to the login to tell them to hurry up and do it, maybe that can help?

Keeper of the CEC
re: Phase 2 07/21/2007 04:08 PM CDT
Were we going to be able to change our last names? If not I'll go ahead and register mine now

Jaedren says, "Alas, no Khri Ronco (Set it and forget it!). Woe."
re: Phase 2 07/21/2007 06:54 PM CDT
>>Were we going to be able to change our last names? If not I'll go ahead and register mine now

That's what Phase II is... the ability to choose a last name, if you do not currently have one, or use a registered last name with the owner's consent.

Player of a few too many

Pol-i-tics (pol-i-tiks) n. 1. "Poli" meaning many. 2. "Tics" meaning blood-sucking insects.
re: Phase 2 07/21/2007 08:02 PM CDT
>>That's what Phase II is... the ability to choose a last name, if you do not currently have one, or use a registered last name with the owner's consent.

Will we be able to change our last names?

re: Phase 2 07/21/2007 08:19 PM CDT
Use some common sense and previous knowledge!!!@!@@@!!!!~!

Phase 1 was registering names and clearing last names..
Phase 2 is getting new last names.

put them together and guess what? YOU GET TO CHANGE YOU LAST NAMES!!!!!!

Sothios Clan-Csencsits
re: Phase 2 07/21/2007 08:21 PM CDT
>Will we be able to change our last names?

It's the same thing, just a two-step process. You can already erase your last name completely if you want. But you can't get a new or different (unclaimed) one until Phase 2.

~ Celestian Kougen Aensworth, Advisor of Ilithi

It is the destiny of those who can know what will be, to lead those who do not to guide them, to protect them, to lead them to enlightenment.
re: Phase 2 07/21/2007 08:35 PM CDT
Sothios I don't know what your problem is but I didn't know that Phase 1 included clearing last names, if you used some common sense you would have realized that when I said I would go ahead and register my last name if I couldn't change it.

re: Phase 2 07/21/2007 08:43 PM CDT
then maybe you should start reading old GM posts when they make the announcements. It was there, clear as water.

Sothios Clan-Csencsits
re: Phase 2 ::Nudge:: 07/21/2007 08:50 PM CDT

Knock off the bickering.

If you must conflict take it to the appropriate folder.

Annwyl
Senior Board Monitor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing Senior Board Monitor DR-Annwyl@play.net, or Message Board Supervisor DR-Cecco@play.net.
re: Phase 2 ::Nudge:: 07/22/2007 01:56 PM CDT
Just learn to wait until Phase 2 comes out. Don't rush Solomon and make us all wait even longer.

Vinjince

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."

- Sima Yi