NO Name Changes Ever! 03/05/2016 09:02 AM CST

Wow, so this is coming from the guy who offered 3k USD for a name change, but I have to retract my previous post here... Name changes will be the death of this game! The main reason that made me change my mind is 2-fold working together.

#1 The main focus of DR comes from the character itself. In fact, this is opposite of DR's predecessor Gemstone, wherein the focus is more on items. If DR can shift it's priority to story and characters being tied to in-game storylines that could affect the course of the game's history, characters will become even more valuable.

#2 Keeping in mind #1; I have recently discovered through google boredom a website-based-on-an-older-search-engine-but-will-not-be-named-here that is essentially a giant warehouse of character selling (for RL dollars as well). I'm not sure if SIMU is aware of said website but basically everything you can possibly imagine in-game can be had in there for the right price.

The point: If name changes become available the game is for all intents and purposes completely dead. There will be no point in rolling up a new character or training or circling or anything else really since all one would have to do is purchase an "off-the-shelf" character with the desired training/circles and purchase a name change. You'll have a custom character that could've been rolled up and trained by you and noone will be able to tell. It'll dilute the game beyond pointless, and it'll destroy the game and SIMU financially.
Re: NO Name Changes Ever! 03/05/2016 11:08 AM CST
DRsales has been a thing almost as long as DR has. Staff are well aware of it.

Monster Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.
Re: NO Name Changes Ever! 03/05/2016 12:51 PM CST
I'm a little surprised someone could not have heard of it. Who is and isn't currently "bought trash" is the meat and potatoes of many DR backchannels, and some front channels, and some thinly-veiled gweth conversations.

Re: Life mana Spell preps

You raise your hands in the air. You wave them like you just don't care. Somebody says, "Hey!" Somebody says, "Ho!" Somebody screams.
Re: NO Name Changes Ever! 03/05/2016 04:35 PM CST
I'm a little impressed myself. I didn't think anyone didn't know about this.

Hell, at least one currently active very well-known PC used to belong to a former GM who sold it when he quit.

Thayet
@thayelf // http://thayette.tumblr.com

"But you must know that if corruption is powerful enough, it's not corruption at all — it's law. Unspoken, unwritten, but law." — Robert Jackson Bennett, City of Stairs