when a foraged pile is not a pile? 02/28/2021 08:04 PM CST
Found this bug a couple of weeks back, and been trying to figure out what caused it. Tonight I finally figured it out. Not sure how its connected to the burgle system but it is.

I had been collecting piles of grass, working outdoorsmanship and perception. I kicked all the piles I had thought, seems I missed a pile. I burgled, and than left the home (window) and noticed I missed that "pile of grass". So I tried to "kick pile", and it couldn't find what I was looking for. So I did what I've been doing and just "kick grass" and it did the trick. But seems if there's a pile of something when you burgle and than go out the burgled window to the room you burgled in, a pile of grass just turns into grass. Not sure if it does it with other piles, but here's a log of what happened.

You go west.
[Someone Else's Home, Kitchen]
Mahogany floors lie beneath gabardine rugs. A long lapis lazuli counter fills the center of the room. You also see the kitchen window.
Obvious exits: east, south.
>go window
You take a moment to reflect on the caper you just pulled as you slip out the kitchen window...
[Zaldi Taipa, Cedar Path]
Though the grasses in this area grow thick and abundant, they are closely cropped in many spots. Even the thorny runners of prairie roses and heavy, furred bark of mesquite show signs of determined nibbling. The air is filled with the musky scent of sheep and goats, and only the occasional stamp of a hooved foot or the call of a ewe to her restless lamb mark the quiet passage of the night's hours. You also see a pile of grass.
Obvious paths: northeast, west.
>put quill in duf
You put your quill in your traveler's duffel.
>put lock in duf
You put your locket in your traveler's duffel.
>khri stop
You attempt to relax your mind from all of its meditative states.
Your hands feel more clumsy as your intuition on how and when to relieve others of their possessions wanes.
Your hands no longer feel quite as steady as your grasp on the meditation fails.
Your inner silence is lost to the noise and motion of the world around you and you feel your ability to blend in with your surroundings fade.
>l
>
[Zaldi Taipa, Cedar Path]
Though the grasses in this area grow thick and abundant, they are closely cropped in many spots. Even the thorny runners of prairie roses and heavy, furred bark of mesquite show signs of determined nibbling. The air is filled with the musky scent of sheep and goats, and only the occasional stamp of a hooved foot or the call of a ewe to her restless lamb mark the quiet passage of the night's hours. You also see a pile of grass.
Obvious paths: northeast, west.
>kick pile
I could not find what you were referring to.
>kick grass
You take a step back and run up to the pile of grass. Bringing your foot smashing down onto the pile, you send bits and pieces of debris scattering in every direction. Looking around for the now defunct mountain of glory, you fail to find any signs of its presence.

~Dalkin/Jim~
Re: when a foraged pile is not a pile? 02/28/2021 09:07 PM CST
Pretty sure this is related to collecting in general, and has nothing to do with burgle.

If you leave any pile for long enough, "kick pile" no longer works, and you have to specify the item itself. This has been around for a LONG time.

-Master Ndin
https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Ndin
Re: when a foraged pile is not a pile? 03/01/2021 06:48 PM CST
Yeah, I haven't bothered to track down exactly what causes this issue, but I've seen this issue for years independent of the burgle system.

...but it is annoying!