April Bug Fixes and Code Changes 05/05/2016 04:44 PM CDT
General reminder: These code changes may or may not encompass all things that happened, as I'm building the lists from our own internal notifications, so please don't treat these as all encompassing. All changes below were done by various staff members.

Bug Fixes
* Typo in Premium 3 fixed.
* A stray togball bin left out from the Gor'Tog Culture Faire was cleaned up.
* Stealing in Ulf'Hara's treasure room is no longer allowed.
* The inability to go EAST in a room in Langenfirth was corrected. Lost Rangers suddenly found.
* Chakrel flame causing issues with MEDITATE FlAME fixed. They have become amulets.
* Twisted dryad armor not actually worn. -- Dryads have taken advice to wear their armor.
* Revealing yourself while not hiding during INVOKE is now fixed.
* Empath Spell AD not hitting group. -- This will be fixed in part of Magic 3.2
* Aesandry Darleath Web breaking failure. -- This will be fixed in part of Magic 3.2
* Haedor sold from Shoiya's Jewelry in Aesry Surlaenis'a now recognizes when a user has hair again.
* Unable to repair tabla. -- Fixed the reported instance; however, a larger issue with repairing complex instruments was brought to light. This is not fully fixed.
* Drawknife in Open Lotus Designs now function as drawknives.
* Typo in tailoring armor lightening was fixed.
* Unable to repair leather armor when it has RUB scripted with verbs. -- Slickstones now have SCRAPE and CLEAN to get around this.
* Weird placeholder messaging while knitting has been fixed. Switch statements with duplicate cases ftw.
* Unable to study alchemy books while invisible. -- Fixed.
* Khurek response typo fixed.
* Armor in Cefrit of Odcoru no longer pretends to hate tailed races.
* A sunflower yellow watersilk satchel no longer a confusing description.
* Typo of Fashioned on some firesilk hhyssk'et blossoms fixed.
* Typo in faireground room fixed.
* A lone dstanjis became a lone dustanjis

Code Changes
* Rakash with enough Stamina will now see lower roundtimes on moonshift.
* Rakash tail-worn items now drop to atfeet when shifting back to humanoid, instead of to the ground.
* SAY now supports @ in addition to } for speaking to others. Genie users will need to use a backslash before the @ symbol to escape it.
* Chakrel now has a STUDY.
* Thieves can once again use Chakrel for their falsehoods.
* Skinning knives can now be used to cut flowers that require a knife.
* All items sold in Shoiya's Jewelry in Aesry Surlaenis'a may now support alterations of metal, gem, TAP, and LOOK. Nouns may not change.
* sCoin TASK cooldown item will no longer allow for ezmode questing that utilizes TASKs.
* No longer possible to MARK/CUT finished items, as 100% reclamation is not intended to be possible.

Denoted as Not Bugs
* My hair uses the word "blonde" instead of "blond." -- Not a bug. Elanthia uses blonde.
* Obsidian crows should be floaters. -- Just a forehead gem. Elanthipedia improperly labeled this item.
* Boxes not dropping fast enough from Maelshyvean shadow beasts. -- Make sure you're using the right LOOT option. Their setting for boxes is not inappropriately low.
* Unable to wear "golden warrior's shield embossed with massive dragon's head design" on arm. -- Shield is large and user is a warrior mage. This is intended.
* Wide barrel in Traders'Guild shop rotates too slow. --It has the same timer as all other surfaces. No bug.
* INVEN SEARCH shows items with a *. -- This is an intentional notation for items that are tied onto rucksacks from Ilaiya Taipa.
* Unable to stack charovras. --Charovras were blessed and had inconsistent bless numbers. The system is unable to stack them unless they are exactly the same.
* Typo on tearable trousers. -- There is no typo.
* Spear cannot be repaired by players. -- Spear is not metal, so metal repair techniques won't work. No bug.
* Able to play ruff on non-percussion. -- While user is correct, the PLAY system does not differentiate between instrument types at this time.
* Truffenyi commune states I am a creature of Kertigen instead of Urrem'tier. -- Message is based on race, not last favor.
* Ring of Blesses does not allow for targeted cast. -- Due to incompatibility between RoB and core group-cast mechs. No longer matters as RoB is being removed.
* Alabaster blessing flash does not work for Necromancers. -- Intended, as the flask requires the user to PRAY and draw the attention of the gods.
* chamfered chain typo. -- Not a typo.
* Home not showing up in room look. -- This is normal behavior. All empty homes show with HOME CLAIM, but the system hides some to reduce room clutter.
* Typo in room of "muddy path wends its way" -- Not a typo.
* Pile of leaves forces user to type get leaves. -- Method of GET was chosen for simplicity, since leaf is the only noun affected by this, denoting as Not Going to Fix.
* Able to load/aim/fire crossbows with a weapon in offhand. -- Originally designed so users could utilize a shield with a crossbow, but we're calling this intended. Enjoy.
* Unable to make called shots with stonebow unless AIM first. -- Not possible to do that with any ranged weapon. This is intended.
* Hair-spike description wrong. -- Not a typo. Flowers have shades of red in the blue.
* Gift box empty. -- Not a bug. They are meant to run out, but in the case of the Shard Faire, they were being restocked manually.
* Music box from Split Personalities does not lock. -- The key is for funsies and the box is not intended to lock.
* miniscule s/b minuscule. -- Both are accepted in Elanthia at this time.

Unable to Solve
* Picnic basket forgot owner. Unsure how it happened but the user that experienced it was fixed.
* sand-hued stout lockpick from Muspar'I shop became "sto lockpick" -- Unable to replicate. Please resubmit with steps on how this happened if you duplicate it.
* Theurgy not awarded when using v ulture beads for Aldauth. -- Unable to replicate.
* Hengwild can be talked to while invisible. -- It seems all NPCs operate this way, but this is
* Missing scissors pattern. -- Potentially happened after a crash, which causes everything to reorganize. Check again.
* Prospect Danger always failing and not clearing the room. -- Prospect Danger is only capable of removing one level of danger from an area and only a single time. It is not possible to eliminate the danger level. This is all intended.

---
NaOH+HI
Re: April Bug Fixes and Code Changes 05/05/2016 09:18 PM CDT
No word on the weird room near Fayrin's Rest that shows up even if you have room descriptions turned off?!?!?!

GENT

p.s. Thanks for doing these!
Re: April Bug Fixes and Code Changes 05/05/2016 10:21 PM CDT
<<No word on the weird room near Fayrin's Rest that shows up even if you have room descriptions turned off?!?!?!

You should see it in Genie with nothing shut off. It spams it three times by the time I leave the room just passing through with a caravan.

> northeast
You patter northeast.

[Fayrin's Rest, Telgi Mod'Sunhin]
Massive oaks extend a silver-grey canopy of leaves that fades quickly into inkblack darkness from here to the east, north and south. The air shimmers and whispers softly, sibilantly, of long growth and and gradual decay. A few slender cedars and elms mark the beginning of a denser forest to the west, one marked by greater undergrowth and steeper rises.
You also see a small, faintly glowing obelisk.
Obvious paths: east, southwest.

>
Massive oaks extend a silver-grey canopy of leaves that fades quickly into inkblack darkness from here to the east, north and south. The air shimmers and whispers softly, sibilantly, of long growth and and gradual decay. A few slender cedars and elms mark the beginning of a denser forest to the west, one marked by greater undergrowth and steeper rises.

>
>
Your goat-drawn caravan arrives from the southwest, following you.

> east
You patter east.
Re: April Bug Fixes and Code Changes 05/06/2016 07:35 AM CDT
Is that only happening when you have a caravan?

---
NaOH+HI
Re: April Bug Fixes and Code Changes 05/06/2016 08:31 AM CDT
I haven't seen the triple message, but the room description always shows up no matter your SETs.

GENT
Re: April Bug Fixes and Code Changes 05/06/2016 09:00 AM CDT
That shows up all the time in genie for me when running around as a definitely-not-trader.

I always chalked it up to the room itself having some wonkiness because of the unique way the description changes. There's another room in shard itself (with a statue that changes into different Immortals, I think) that has a similar thing happen.

As an aside, I did a bug item WRT some ulf'hara end treasure where an outfit set had two of the containers/pockets in it GM-locked. Wasn't sure if more specific things like that tend to make the list or not and wanted to follow up.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: April Bug Fixes and Code Changes 05/06/2016 11:29 AM CDT
>> ulf'hara end treasure where an outfit set had two of the containers/pockets in it GM-locked.

Those got fixed during an assist, IIRC. We never had emails about it so it didn't make it on my list.

---
NaOH+HI
Re: April Bug Fixes and Code Changes 05/06/2016 11:31 AM CDT
>>Those got fixed during an assist, IIRC. We never had emails about it so it didn't make it on my list.

Does using the bug command enter it into a DB+email people? Because I know I did a bug item with them in Plat and never did any assist.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: April Bug Fixes and Code Changes 05/06/2016 02:51 PM CDT
BUG sends an email to all staff that subscribe (or are forced to subscribe) to the bug list. Someone in Prime assisted and it got fixed that day. The bug will likely get tagged as Duplicate or Already fixed once we get to it. Glancing at my own bug inbox.. there are about ~400. That bug is probably in there somewhere.

---
NaOH+HI
Re: April Bug Fixes and Code Changes 05/06/2016 03:24 PM CDT
<<Is that only happening when you have a caravan?

It happens even without it, although having the caravan does add the one extra room description pulse when it enters.

This is me just walking through without the caravan at automapper speeds:

>
You patter northeast.

You also see a small, faintly glowing obelisk.
Next move: northeast
Obvious paths: east, southwest.

>
[automapper]: east
[automapper]: northeast
You patter east.

Re: April Bug Fixes and Code Changes 05/06/2016 03:25 PM CDT
Oh, and someone walking through the room just now while I was standing there:

>
Peon Pazohn just arrived.

>
Peon Pazohn goes southwest.

>
Re: April Bug Fixes and Code Changes 05/06/2016 10:01 PM CDT
I checked on the room, but I'm not immediately sure what could cause it. Nothing in the room has special mechanics at all.

---
NaOH+HI
Re: April Bug Fixes and Code Changes 05/06/2016 10:10 PM CDT
I know I've bugged that room myself, too. Not sure if it only happens in Genie or what, but every time I pass through it spams the room description 2-3 times.

Thayet
@thayelf // http://thayette.tumblr.com

"But you must know that if corruption is powerful enough, it's not corruption at all — it's law. Unspoken, unwritten, but law." — Robert Jackson Bennett, City of Stairs
Re: April Bug Fixes and Code Changes 05/06/2016 10:49 PM CDT
Okay, I think I figured it out. It does have to do with Genie from what I can tell.

Here is the room description from the raw feed:
<component id='room desc'>Massive oaks extend a silver-grey canopy of leaves that fades quickly into inkblack darkness from here to the east, north and south. The air shimmers and whispers sibilantly of long growth and gradual decay. A few slender cedars and elm mark the beginning of a denser forest to the west, one marked by greater undergrowth and steeper rises. You also see a small obelisk.</component>

And here is what that looks like in Stormfront:
Massive oaks extend a silver-grey canopy of leaves that fades quickly into inkblack darkness from here to the east, north and south. The air shimmers and whispers sibilantly of long growth and gradual decay. A few slender cedars and elm mark the beginning of a denser forest to the west, one marked by greater undergrowth and steeper rises. You also see a small obelisk.

Here is what that looks like in Genie:
Massive oaks extend a silver-grey canopy of leaves that fades quickly into inkblack darkness from here to the east, north and south. The air shimmers and whispers sibilantly of long growth and gradual decay. A few slender cedars and elm mark the beginning of a denser forest to the west, one marked by greater undergrowth and steeper rises.
You also see a small obelisk.

Note: the final sentence is separated and highlighted like the roomobjects line usually is. Also note that the saved roomdesc and roomobjs variables are actually correct, it's just not displaying correctly.

I don't know exactly what it is doing behing the scenes, but it appears that Genie is parsing the room description variable incorrectly because of the "You also see" phrase which usually indicates a room objects variable. The saved variables are correct, but it isn't closing the tag properly or something, so every time the room objects or room players variables change Genie resends it.

This could probably be fixed game-side by changing the phrasing of the final sentence in the room descriptions for both the night and day versions. Not sure if that's something that should be done, however.
Re: April Bug Fixes and Code Changes 05/06/2016 10:52 PM CDT
Also note the difference in the raw feed from this room just down the road which works correctly in Genie.

<component id='room desc'>The river is at its widest and most furious here. Like an angered lioness, it rages southward as if caught in a frenzy. Rapids rush by, water breaking against rocks and stony banks. The gentle fog that hazes over the moving surface partially hides the danger of being swept away in the violent currents.</component>
<component id='room objs'>You also see a ruined caravan.</component>
Re: April Bug Fixes and Code Changes 05/07/2016 10:43 AM CDT
I know the room has been buggy (in various FEs, iirc) since that obelisk was put in during an event. BURN THE OBELISK!

GENT
Re: April Bug Fixes and Code Changes 05/07/2016 01:56 PM CDT
Baaaaaaaa... Baaaaaaaa..... Baaaaaaaa.... BUH BAAAAAAH!
Re: April Bug Fixes and Code Changes 05/09/2016 11:27 PM CDT
>>Those got fixed during an assist, IIRC. We never had emails about it so it didn't make it on my list.

I just checked my cloak (in Plat) and it's still locked. I grabbed the set the last day of the event, too, so it's possible that it didn't get updated in Plat when Prime got the fix.

It is weird that it didn't get the bug submission, though.

You carefully remove the woolen cloak from your shoulders.
>
>bug item;locked cloak?;Not sure why it's locked!
locked cloak?
Submitted bug "[Item Bug] locked cloak?" to play.net's bug tracking database under category "Item" with these details:
"Not sure why it's locked!"

That was from April 18th.

Re: April Bug Fixes and Code Changes 05/10/2016 09:05 AM CDT
Wasn't an instance-specific fix. The master items were fixed, not the ones that were already dropped. Toss an assist in next time one of us is on duty and we can get you fixed up.

---
NaOH+HI