Kudos to Whomever Designed the Hunting Preserve/Manor All Those Years Ago 09/28/2015 03:31 PM CDT
and kudos to whomever has updated messaging sometime in the last 20 years or so.

I played DR as a kid when it first came out (on GEnie! and on AOL) and I had nightmares about dieing in the huntin preserve and the corpse grubs in the manor and all that. I even wrote a poem about it, many, many years ago. I've touched DR a couple of times since then, never for more than a month or so at a time.

I thought to myself, why not try DR again, as a new character, and I did, and as I progress through the lower levels, I have been hunting in the Huintin Preserve and the madmen in the attached manor.

Place is still as spooky as ever, and the messaging even seems to be updated. I have no idea when, since I haven't been in there since circa 1997/1998. It even (still) reminds me of the classic GRR Martin novella, Sandkings.

::shudder::

On a totally unrelated side note, does anyone have one of these for sale/trade?

Short steel spear https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Weapon:Short_steel_spear

Or a similar light category weapon with the spear noun?
Re: Kudos to Whomever Designed the Hunting Preserve/Manor All Those Years Ago 09/30/2015 09:49 PM CDT
I've always loved the Hunting Preserve, too! I'm glad someone shares the sentiment!

GENT