Reactivating a character 06/22/2005 09:39 AM CDT
I've recently returned to DR from a long vacation. I reactivated my account, but didn't sign up for premium. When I left I had 4 characters, but only reactivated one of them when I returned. My question is how do I reactivate another character from my account? I bought another character slot, but can't for the live of me figure how to activate one of my other characters from my account. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.
Re: Reactivating a character 06/22/2005 09:51 AM CDT
I believe you can call the billing office and ask them to reactivate your other characters. There's also a form on the website, but calling them is quick, easy, and they reactivate them almost immediately versus the next day. Oh, and they're really friendly too :)

You hear the ghostly voice of Mandorsgar say, "No, I always make sure I have consent."
You hear the ghostly voice of Mandorsgar say, "Prevents sexual harassment suits."
You hear the ghostly voice of Inouvu say, "That's not what the bear said."
Re: Reactivating a character 06/22/2005 09:53 AM CDT

When you're in game you can find a list of contact information for Simutronics using the verb "email".

But if you can't access the game from where you are at the moment the following should help:

access@simutronics.com - For those who are having problems accessing their accounts
and are unsure why (this includes account reactivations) or
are looking to have inactive characters re-attached to
the account.
https://www.play.net/dr/account/reactivate.asp

Annwyl
Senior Board Monitor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing Senior Board Monitor DR-Annwyl@play.net, or Message Board Supervisor DR-Cecco@play.net.
Re: Reactivating a character 06/22/2005 11:42 AM CDT
Just do what I do, call them up. It's fast, easier, and less confusion. Takes five or so minutes.

Jim
Re: Reactivating a character 06/22/2005 04:00 PM CDT
I gave'em a call and took about 2 minutes on the phone.

Thanks to all for the help!!

Things bring another question, maybe for another forum. Will by scripts and highlights and such transfer over with the new character? If not, what's the easy way to do this? I use Stormfront.

Re: Reactivating a character 06/22/2005 08:35 PM CDT
The great thing about Stormfront is that the scripts/hightlights and everything else is stored with your character. This is great because if you are playing at a computer other than your own you still have all your scripts. If you want to transfer settings/scripts to another character simply export your .xml(i think that's right might be .xlm anyway just export) then import it back into the new character

Strangeguard Prayermaster

You gesture at a sand sprite.
Its head soars through the air as its neck is entirely destroyed!
A sand sprite slowly falls to the ground, moaning in despair, shuddering in pain before taking her last breath.
Re: Reactivating a character 06/22/2005 10:12 PM CDT
it's XML, and you're right. There is also the option of storing them on the server and you can use them anywhere

Souv

You sense (N, S) from your current position:
A relatively healthy presence nearby.
Roundtime: 6 seconds