Can't see others Inventory 03/24/2005 02:15 PM CST
Havin trouble with my ability to see others as well as myself. See as in the sense of inventory. when I look at someone or even my self, all I see is name, title(s), profession, and general health. no luck on the inventory. the GH came but was not able to help. I bugged in game but was told to post on boards as well.
Re: Can't see others Inventory 03/24/2005 02:25 PM CST
Just checking the obvious, you did check your ignores list to make sure you didn't squelch something, right?

Arcelebor

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
Re: Can't see others Inventory 03/24/2005 02:27 PM CST
Check your squelches and highlights. Sounds like something highlighted on background color, or have something ignored.

Brabs

It's fascinating, though, how much like an oral culture this can be when it's carried out entirely in text.--GM Natala
Re: Can't see others Inventory 03/24/2005 02:36 PM CST
Havin trouble with my ability to see others as well as myself. See as in the sense of inventory. when I look at someone or even my self, all I see is name, title(s), profession, and general health. no luck on the inventory. I have checked (on my own, and at the behest of the GH) ignores (squelches) highlights, inventory box (in settings). I went as far as to clear everything. Nothing seems to be workin. Essentially I reset the SF FE to basic, fresh settings, and still no luck. the GH came but was not able to help. I bugged in game but was told to post on boards as well.
"A thing worth having is a thing worth cheating for."
Re: Can't see others Inventory 03/24/2005 02:44 PM CST
Check your look default settings. It's one of those arcane things most people forget about.

>look default
You must specify what you want the LOOK verb to default to. Options are: ALL/FEATURES/WOUNDS/ITEMS. Syntax is: LOOK DEFAULT <option>

-Ssra

The ultimate in reasoning is to come to the realization that there are still an infinite number of things that are unreasonable. -Blaise Pascal
Re: Can't see others Inventory 03/24/2005 02:53 PM CST
>>Check your look default settings. It's one of those arcane things most people forget about.

Didn't even know could change the default. Good to know.

Brabs

It's fascinating, though, how much like an oral culture this can be when it's carried out entirely in text.--GM Natala
Re: Can't see others Inventory 03/24/2005 03:21 PM CST
Thankyou so much Ssra! Fixed my problem right away! Too bad the GH wasn't versed in what seems to be a simple fix. I know I could not figure it out because I am an idiot. But the GH? mebbe put that in their manuals er sumthin? Thankyou again!

Seeing things I shouldn't see, and loving it!
Re: Can't see others Inventory 03/24/2005 04:34 PM CST
We are all human. :) I would not be so hard on the GH. ;)

/salute

-Ssra

The ultimate in reasoning is to come to the realization that there are still an infinite number of things that are unreasonable. -Blaise Pascal
Re: Can't see others Inventory 03/24/2005 07:42 PM CST
>>look default
>You must specify what you want the LOOK verb to default to. Options are: ALL/FEATURES/WOUNDS/ITEMS. Syntax is: LOOK DEFAULT <option>

This is one of my favorite verb modifiers, but it is almost impossible to figure out unless you are told explicitly. LOOK HELP doesn't tell you anything, LOOK by itself just looks... There's no obvious or intuitive way to learn the syntax.

I've long been advocating for a global HELP verb for DR, much as exists in a lot of program language contexts.

HELP <verb>
Outputs syntax and usage for <verb>.

HELP ALL
Outputs a complete list of all the verbs in the game.
Re: Can't see others Inventory 04/04/2005 08:47 AM CDT
>Too bad the GH wasn't versed in what seems to be a simple fix.

>We are all human. :) I would not be so hard on the GH.

You're not human Ssra. When are you coming over to be the TF Gm anyway?

D K