Scripting question 03/03/2003 03:40 PM CST
Is there any command you can put in a script to replicate the Shift-Esc suspend script command?
Thanks for any replies.

Craig
Re: Scripting question 03/04/2003 06:51 AM CST
I don't know of one, but I'm a amatuer scripter.
If you're looking for something to stop the script while there's nothing going on, a simple rest routine works for me:

match fight You face a
match rest There is nothing left to face
matchwait

rest:
put parry
match fight begins to advance on you
matchwait

Or something similiar.
Re: Scripting question 03/04/2003 10:41 AM CST
>Is there any command you can put in a script to replicate the Shift-Esc suspend script command?

Seeing as how Shift-ESC requires to you to hit ESC to start the script again, you can use a 'waitfor XXXX'. This will halt the script because nothing in the game outputs XXXX. At leas that I know of, and its not likely for someone to walk by with that in thier name, or say that phrase. Just type XXXX (not with a SAY, " or ') when you want it to start back up.

put say A_long_line_of_stuff that requires a hefty wait
waitfor XXXX
put say Next_long_line_of_stuff
waitfor XXXX
put say More_junk_here

-Slaris
Re: Scripting question 03/04/2003 10:44 AM CST
There isn't anything that directly emulates SHIFT-ESC to my knowledge. You can set up a matchwait that needs you to enter a command to effectively do the same thing.

boringstufftraining:
put blahblah
goto wait

wait:
match boringstufftraining Continueonyourwaymrscriptsir
matchwait

That will stop the script after the broingstufftraining routine until you enter Continueonyourwaymrscriptsir.

-Gheist
Re: Scripting question 03/04/2003 10:54 AM CST
Duh. "waitfor" would be the easy way to do that. Ignore me.

-Gheist
Re: Scripting question 03/04/2003 12:20 PM CST
Waitfor is definitely the way to go if you want your script to totally pause until you tell it to go again.

I personally have a script that loops me in and around the leech pit. Now, I wanted the script to not kill me, heh, so I have a waitfor before each time I move. The waitfor is for something the game should rarely parse on it's own, so I type in the short string when I am ready for it to proceed. That way, I can take as long as I like in each room to tend off leeches, to absorb experience in case of a full pool, or chat with someone I happen across. And also, it doesn't continue without me if I have to run for the phone or the door, thereby causing me to AFK script. I find it to be exactly what I needed.

Now, if you are looking for something to pause and unpause an AFK script, I can't help you there.

~player of Cetacea

Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.