Why Prime and not TF? 02/05/2017 01:22 PM CST
With all of the scripting talk, I am curious as to why people still play prime over TF? In TF you can script without getting warnings, the PVP and griefing is basically non existent. Is it because you like to script at night, RP during the day? Is it because you want to sell your character, plats or items? Or is it wanting to be the top dog? You can come to TF and be the top dog in a fairly short amount of time. Just trying to figure out why people script in prime instead of just joining TF.

What if they adjusted the pricing model? Say $5 dollars for an account without prime access?
Re: Why Prime and not TF? 02/05/2017 05:47 PM CST
I play Prime because I like to RP, and there really needs to be the population to support that.

- Navesi
Re: Why Prime and not TF? 02/05/2017 06:34 PM CST

People get afk warnings all the time in prime. I'm not sure what your point is.

Don't forget to vote for dragonrealms:

http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Why Prime and not TF? 02/05/2017 10:36 PM CST
I feel like the days-long-afk-scripting thing has been overblown on the forums recently. It happens, it sucks, but it does indeed get punished sometimes also, enough that you probably shouldn't just blindly afk script for hours on end, at least not without logout triggers for safety.

If you're wondering why people might AFK script a lot in prime, it's probably because that way they get to have their power trips in a more-populated and lower-ranked game instance. Max skill isn't worth a lot in TF, even if you have max combats, once you start killing afk people the community will band together and camp you out of the game. You can't hide behind PvP policy in TF, so they get more value out of being snerts in Prime.
Re: Why Prime and not TF? 02/06/2017 08:00 AM CST

I've played the fallen many years ago when it first came out. It had it's own appeal early on, but that quickly died out. It's now a lot like prime, except there are fewer trolls, more convenience via the arch, far fewer interactions, no events or quests that you aren't soloing, deep seated cliques that are happy among themselves, and dead utility classes. While the first two are great, the latter end is a deal-breaker for me. It's like you're playing a single player, text-based game very, very slowly.
Re: Why Prime and not TF? 04/25/2017 03:09 PM CDT
I don't go to TF for 2 reasons. 1. There's not enough people there. 2. I spent so much time playing DR, i really don't want to start over at circle 1.
Re: Why Prime and not TF? 04/27/2017 07:36 PM CDT
You would quickly surpass your old characters if you were scripting 24/7. I think playing TF kinda moves you away from the "I earned my ranks uphill both ways" type of mentality because you don't have to grind out ranks at the keyboard or worry about missing a script check.

There's a few reasons why people don't play TF though. Not being able to copy characters from prime is certainly one. Another is that most people really aren't genius scripters, and making efficient scripts that run for days or weeks at a time is actually pretty difficult.

TF was also super crazy in the beginning, with tons of griefing. That drove away a lot of people, myself included.

But without a critical mass, it can be a lonely game. I wish that more people would transition over and RP, but I think I am in the minority there.

I do have a suggestion to people playing prime though - TF can be a fun additional activity. Instead of logging out or idle-draining exp, log into TF and play around with scripts there. That's how I started. You might like it.