extreme shop? 04/27/2015 09:44 PM CDT

Can a GM tell us if the extreme shop is in a location we can get to? I know I haven't personally been in it in about 3 years. We should bring it to places people can get to to spend some of that hard earned coin.

Thanks
Re: extreme shop? 04/27/2015 11:16 PM CDT
>>We should bring it to places people can get to to spend some of that hard earned coin.

If it's anything like treasure maps, it's easier said than done.

That said, maybe the shop should automatically move every X amount of time even if it isn't found. That way, at least if it's stuck in an unreachable area it won't be there until a GM realizes it. Having it move every few days at least makes it a bit more viable.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: extreme shop? 04/28/2015 09:42 AM CDT

Honestly, it was much better when the shop was stuck and you can go to it whenever you wanted. Everyone loved it. I don't know why it was "fixed" at all.
Re: extreme shop? 05/01/2015 06:02 PM CDT
Agreed. When it was "bugged" and could actually be found was great, everyone loved it. Now they "fixed" it and no one has found it in like a year or so. That's about par for the course. In the past, it would often go many months before anyone stumbled across it. I had triggers to alert me if it ever appeared in my script and I traveled ALL over the place and I found it I think once in five years, when it was a random location spawn. Copernicus wrote a script that traveled all over the realms looking for it in every possible location and traveling the astral plane to go between cities. I shouldn't require that much of an effort.

When it was bugged I took advantage of it and bought everything I possibly could because I had 5 billion plats rotting away and adding up with nothing to spend them on because there's NOTHING in TF with any high value items to burn plats on. No regrets. It only took a chunk out of my coffers but I bought a bunch of stuff and gave stuff to other people.

The extreme shop is the only really cool shop that TF gets, aside from festivals and the occasional GM alterer.. there is literally no other way to spend plats, there's no trader tables selling 1000+ plat old festival/invasion items, there's no boats. There's no plat sinks. There's only the extreme shop.

The extreme shop should be a static location, it doesn't really matter where. As long as people know how to get to it. With its current "random spawn" mechanics, it rarely ever gets found. It often goes 6+ months OR MORE before someone finds it. Like the several times in the past where it spawned in completely hard to reach places (like the middle of the Hive) or completely inaccessible areas.
Re: extreme shop? 05/01/2015 07:50 PM CDT
Would be amusing if TF had a TF-only drop that would be a map leading to the extreme shop. Same mechanics as the treasure map system.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: extreme shop? 05/01/2015 08:17 PM CDT

I thought the treasure map system had the same faults as the shop? Could end up in inaccessible locales
Re: extreme shop? 05/01/2015 08:23 PM CDT
>>I thought the treasure map system had the same faults as the shop? Could end up in inaccessible locales

To a point, but you'd be more capable of telling when it's just in an inaccessible location, IMO.

Re: extreme shop? 05/01/2015 08:43 PM CDT

> Would be amusing if TF had a TF-only drop that would be a map leading to the extreme shop. Same mechanics as the treasure map system.

For every read, you had to infuse it with the blood of a player you killed.
Re: extreme shop? 05/01/2015 09:40 PM CDT
>For every read, you had to infuse it with the blood of a player you killed.

For all the buggy-boo, there's not a lot of player killing in TF. I played for a month, and I think I saw none.
Re: extreme shop? 05/01/2015 11:02 PM CDT
>>For all the buggy-boo, there's not a lot of player killing in TF. I played for a month, and I think I saw none.

There isn't for the most part and hasn't been for many years. Not random killing anyway. If you get on someone's bad side though, watch out. Things have been very calm since Zhinj left though.