The Fallen bringing RP heavy back 01/28/2015 08:35 PM CST
I'm going to give The Fallen another spin, bringing along some solid RPers from DR PRIME. We are going to start up with some Noobs heavy RP with the obvious side bonuses; AFK scripting and poor language/behavior is also allowed.

If anyone is interested in giving TF a spin for five bucks now is the time! It is a whole different world and it takes some acclimation. I'll try to help where I can, remember to turn chatter on and don't worry about the gate bots/healbots.... it will all make sense in time my pretties.

The whole idea thrust of this project is going to be RP heavy with a side of TF just to mix it up, switch it up.

I was given back the power to lead a clan so I can give you an awesome clan trinket when you log in just ask in chatter and if I'm ATK I'll find you and show you what this "trinket" means/does. I should be around all day at the keyboard on and off Thursday.

If you are gonna take me up on the offer all I ask is that you seriously RP.

- Smashytooth TF

Don't forget to vote for dragonrealms:

http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: The Fallen bringing RP heavy back 01/28/2015 10:30 PM CST
My question: I'm not super interested in mega-heavy-RP, but some with more adult language than 'darn' and 'poop' is appealing. Is this an acceptable reason to play? Tons of questions below, some are mine, some are loaded because I can see people not familiar with the instance asking them.

Does TF get events? Are they the same as prime? Does TF do quest runs? How large is the average population? Is spam killing for no reason likely? How about other forms of harassment? Is there fast travel (aka plat portals, jump jewelry, crystal shards, etc. etc.)? Is there a learning rate penalty in TF (that rumor still abides)? If the extent of my scripting ability is 'load geniehunter' will I be able to play TF, or is it strictly for super power AFK zombie bot scripters who are awesome? Is forged gear available at all, and does it cost a billion plats, since everyone has permanent AFK scripting going? Are there the same rare weapon templates (the blunt-katana-thing, sterak axes, etc.)?
Re: The Fallen bringing RP heavy back 01/28/2015 11:35 PM CST

I just wish they would request that the ESRB rating be updated and allow bad language in dr prime. It is beyond silly that we still can't curse in a text based game in 2015. The ToS could just be updated to allow GMs to warn players that go crazy with it, especially during events. But the occasional F-bomb shouldn't be this horrid bad thing, much less other words. but meh.. that is an old gripe for me and it will probably never change.
Re: The Fallen bringing RP heavy back 01/28/2015 11:49 PM CST

Moved this to the topic The Fallen as it's about The Fallen complete with questions.

Please don't make me remove posts with masked vulgarity.

Annwyl
Message Board Supervisor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing me at DR-Annwyl@play.net.
Re: The Fallen bringing RP heavy back 01/29/2015 07:57 AM CST
Does TF get events?

We are going to make a clan with our own events, we are pretty good at this :-p. Yes they get fests and stuff like that. I'll try to work with GMs if we get a big enough population to see if we can get other stuff going.

Does TF do quest runs? Our clan will do quests if there is interest

How large is the average population? Is spam killing for no reason likely?

Right now there is about 20-25 people on at a given time. I tend to be ATK more than most and I know a few people who have expressed interest are looking for RP, ATK interaction as well.

How about other forms of harassment?

That doesnt happen, there is far less trolling in TF than in Prime.

Is there fast travel (aka plat portals, jump jewelry, crystal shards, etc. etc.)?

Yes on portals, yes on JJ, also there are moongates set up to bot gate you. also if you do decide to join my clan I can give you a copy of our clan item which is a free JJ item with a 24 hour cooldown. There are portals to fang cove open everywhere as well. We will set up a clan base of some time in fang cove when we get to it.

Is there a learning rate penalty in TF (that rumor still abides)?

If so its nominal I don't notice it.

If the extent of my scripting ability is 'load geniehunter' will I be able to play TF, or is it strictly for super power AFK zombie bot scripters who are awesome?

Geniehunter should be fine. I can work with you as well. My main script is a modified version of Geniehunter and I've gotten a prime character to 100 in all stats.

Is forged gear available at all, and does it cost a billion plats, since everyone has permanent AFK scripting going?

Gear is cheaper in TF. I wouldn't stress about gear especially early on, with noobs store bought stuff is perfectly fine to get your feet wet.

Are there the same rare weapon templates (the blunt-katana-thing, sterak axes, etc.)?

Yes

Don't forget to vote for dragonrealms:

http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html