Is TF alive? 10/01/2014 08:10 PM CDT
So, just wondering....Is TF even still alive and going? If so how many folks are still running around there?
Re: Is TF alive? 10/01/2014 10:07 PM CDT
>> Active Players: 16

A good chunk of those are multiple accounts. It doesn't have a bunch of people, but the game wide chatter is active, and honestly, I've never been around a nicer group of people.
Re: Is TF alive? 10/02/2014 09:58 AM CDT
I enjoy it, but of course we'd like more players.

You can get starting gear and help from people easily enough, but realize that it is going to mostly be a PvE/scripting experience.
Re: Is TF alive? 10/15/2014 09:37 PM CDT
Sorry i'm just now responding, but i'd just like to say its sad thats its basically a scripting and PVE experience. When it was initiated I think it was geared more towards scripting folks able to have PVP environement without the intervention of GM's.... More than ever I think that maybe it should be open to folks, like importing characters into, and being able to play with current prime character in TF and prime. Just my take though. The way things in prime work now most people that will be open, are open...So not sure much difference there would be.
Re: Is TF alive? 10/20/2014 08:30 AM CDT
There is a rumbling of a new race to 150, as the current race comes to a close (leader is at 141st). I know the race to 150 is more than just a one month trial, probably like 7 months worth of subscription to make it all the way through. They were talking about starting the race Saturday 10/25/2014. Anyone who is interested just needs to tellexp to Gwyddion on Friday, or Saturday, and go ahead and start.
Also mentioned, during this race, is a once per month Battle Royale with prizes for all participants.

There will be prizes for the winner (I know of a mirror blade being offered).
Forged weapons for those who stay into the 2nd month.
Titanese armor for those who stay into the 3rd month.
If anyone else has something they'd like to throw in as a prize, please respond.

~Achilles
TF 150 race prize 10/21/2014 12:32 PM CDT
Adding a prize for the winner of the 150 race:

some dented brass knuckles splattered with brown stains

study knuckles

You study your brass knuckles, utilizing its enchantments to link with your ship's pilot.

Your mind hears Pilot Gonusu thinking, "Greetings Captain. The Row v Wade is currently moored at the city of Crossing."

Roundtime: 5 seconds

This is a Galleon size player owned boat with the custom name "Row v Wade"

All extra route maps purchased.

Pilot Gonusu says, "You currently have 9568000 Kronars in the ship's accounts."
Re: TF 150 race prize 10/22/2014 12:00 AM CDT
Considering moving my Empath account to a TF enabled account. Has 3.1 fully been converted over to TF?
Re: TF 150 race prize 10/22/2014 03:18 AM CDT
<<Has 3.1 fully been converted over to TF?

Hello there, loaded question!

(TF and updates have always a bit of a sore spot. Ostensibly, TF is fully up to date, although there's always updates here and there that slip through the cracks. Basically, TF is indeed at 3.1, but don't be surprised if a few things didn't make it yet.)

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: TF 150 race prize 10/22/2014 05:59 AM CDT
Yes, 3.1 is in The Fallen. Far as I can tell, Prime and TF are pretty much the same at this point.
Re: TF 150 race prize 10/22/2014 08:13 AM CDT
>> TF and updates have always a bit of a sore spot.

>> Yes, 3.1 is in The Fallen. Far as I can tell, Prime and TF are pretty much the same at this point.

For example, new characters with less than 50 ranks of shield still have to remove shields to load bows in TF, where as they do not in Prime.
Re: TF 150 race prize 10/22/2014 01:18 PM CDT

Cool. I used to be a TF player years back for a short duration before life popped up and I always enjoyed the atmosphere the players provided. How many do you currently have involved in the race?
Re: TF 150 race prize 10/22/2014 01:36 PM CDT
>> How many do you currently have involved in the race?

Three that have for sure started, and I think two more that are waiting until the weekend to start.

TF is a really great community. It's small, but it's super friendly. People go way out of their way to help each other, and the game wide chatter makes the game not feel so empty.
Re: TF 150 race prize 10/22/2014 02:16 PM CDT

I will see about getting my character started tonight so that it can be equipped for Friday. Hopefully someone will be around tonight 6-10 pm PST so I can get geared. :)
Re: TF 150 race prize 10/22/2014 05:35 PM CDT
Pretty sure I'll be shnockered by then, but probably around.
One or two days head start is not going to win the race, so you're welcome to join at any time. Stragglers after Sunday are more than welcome too.

I'd like to add more prizes as the race goes on, but so far here is what is offered:
Upon start: Rucksack, Haversack, Duffel Bag (all from heavy material, as big as they can be made), carved shortbow or longbow, 50 platinum kronars.
After 1 month of participation: Forged Steel weapons
After 2 months of participation: Titanese hauberk

To the winner:
~Player owned Galleon Boat.
~Mirror Blade.
~Stack of Mammoth Bones.
Re: TF 150 race prize 10/23/2014 04:38 PM CDT
This just in! Two new prizes confirmed, and added to the winner's pool!

1. An "anything goes" alteration. The rules go out the window in TF again!

2. A custom tattoo by the famous Inky!

There are a few more things in the works, that will be confirmed soon so stand by! Better yet, join the race today!
Re: TF 150 race prize 10/25/2014 10:57 AM CDT
Another prize added!

A custom made moneybelt! This moneybelt was described to me as "an awesome moneybelt that hold and ungodly amount of coins"!!!!
Re: TF 150 race prize 10/25/2014 11:02 AM CDT
AND! A set of rare metal crafting tools, made especially for whichever discipline you choose!
Re: TF 150 race prize 12/14/2014 09:03 PM CST
The last race to 150 was finally settled a couple days ago. It came down to a matter of about 12 hours between the last two people involved as both are now 150th.

Congratulations to our winner Timbits! (Barbarian)

AND! To our runner up Octavio! (Ranger)

Current race participants are in the 40-60th range I believe. GO GUYS GO!

I'd like to rehash the winner's prize list for our current race:
~Player owned Galleon Boat.
~Mirror Blade.
~Stack of Mammoth Bones.
~A custom made moneybelt! This moneybelt was described to me as "an awesome moneybelt that hold and ungodly amount of coins"!!!!
~An "anything goes" alteration. The rules go out the window in TF again!
~A custom tattoo by the famous Inky!
~A set of rare metal crafting tools, made especially for whichever discipline you choose!

It's never too late to join the race!
Re: TF 150 race prize 05/25/2015 07:18 PM CDT
My Necromancer, Bits, won the race to 150. Though, as with the past couple of races, it was really an endurance marathon. Towards the end there will only two people in it, and the other dropped out about a week ago.

Bits started on November 1st, so it took just shy of six months. My character trained mentals high early, and kept magic skills locked without fail since first starting, so I am not sure it could be done much faster.

Here is his profile:
http://elanthiprofiles.com/character/p1B

I trained him far above the minimums necessary, and I think any other guild would have been faster. Necros seem to need way more secondary skills than other guilds. In fact, I had the survivals I needed for 150 on April 16th, so the past month and a half has been getting secondary skills to 150.
Re: TF 150 race prize 05/25/2015 07:43 PM CDT
<<Congratulations to our winner Timbits! (Barbarian)

I detect a fellow Canadian!

Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Is TF alive? 07/19/2016 12:36 AM CDT
Old thread is old I know. But hey 90% of DR threads ARE indeed old and outdated...

I just decided TF is the way to go for me after being back going on two mos. Currently there are 17 people in TF. Everyone I've talked to has been helpful. Except one guy who says he wants to examine the inside of my skull!

Thats why I am playing in TF though, so meh.

I can only play on weekends (my weekends are 3-4 days tho), but thats okay as I can get more accomplished in TF over a weekend than prime, even with the possibility of getting my skull cored out on occasion.
Re: Is TF alive? 07/19/2016 01:03 AM CDT
<< Except one guy who says he wants to examine the inside of my skull!

Clearly he just wants to know what those 'brains' things that everyone else but him have are.

Re: Is TF alive? 07/23/2016 06:18 PM CDT

Has anybody found the EXTREME shop lately?
Re: Is TF alive? 07/25/2016 01:22 PM CDT
Not in a while.
Re: Is TF alive? 08/11/2016 10:23 PM CDT

someone post a stat full, might entice me to come back.
Re: Is TF alive? 08/15/2016 07:14 PM CDT
Brave Adventurers Questing:

Timbits Morvetan Fynmenger Maldeth
Ryhs Rubinium Rellie Rommel
Copernicus Bedlam Ragonii Larien
Hehateme

Online Players: 13
Active Mentors: 0

Staff On Duty:
None