3.1 in TF? 05/18/2014 09:54 PM CDT
Any word on when we might be getting in on the fun?
Re: 3.1 in TF? 05/22/2014 08:22 AM CDT
So have the GMs just been busy or are we being intentionally ignored?

You're about to lose paying subscribers who have multiple accounts paying $20 a piece and many who pay more with premium. By the time TF get's 3.1 there will be no one left to play, or pay, it.
Re: 3.1 in TF? 05/22/2014 08:48 AM CDT
Usually we try and keep at least one "clean" instance while we make sure the new push is stable. It's only been less than three weeks for some fairly major changes, but we're fairly stable now. I imagine it will be pushed to TF shortly, but I don't have an exact timeline for you. Sorry.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: 3.1 in TF? 05/22/2014 10:35 AM CDT
Thank you for the response. It is very much appreciated.

I'm just hoping it comes soon enough so we, the TF players, can still try and get back the people who just left over it. Our pop is struggling as it is.
Re: 3.1 in TF? 06/09/2014 03:37 AM CDT
Should probably let your shareholders know that while TF population is low and intentionally neglected, there is a cost involved in running it so if you are going to have a TF instance at all you should probably be concerned when half of the population leaves.
Re: 3.1 in TF? 06/09/2014 04:10 PM CDT
It is a tough spot to be in as a developer. By releasing 3.0 first to Plat, we received the opposite type of complaints. NOBODY wanted to be the guinea pig. Even though I personally lost many nights of sleep and suffered health problems trying to stay on top of the bugs, it didn't really matter... I lost RL friends over it.

I'm not sure why holding you back from 3.1 is causing so much grief. I mean sure, there are some nice new things you don't have yet. But at the same time we haven't broken anything. We've not diminished your play experience from what it was.

We've explained the situation many times too, that we must keep a pristine instance just in case something goes wrong. And it has been only 5 weeks since 3.1 went live and we've still been fixing numerous bugs while juggling a bunch of new content. Our ability to release also depends on our schedules. If someone just had a baby, and someone else is sick, and someone is working a billion hours at work and TPTB are keeping them down... well, sometimes schedules drag out a bit :P

I am sorry that folks are upset by the delay. Please know it will be remedied as soon as we are able.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: 3.1 in TF? 06/09/2014 04:13 PM CDT
>Even though I personally lost many nights of sleep and suffered health problems trying to stay on top of the bugs, it didn't really matter... I lost RL friends over it.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but if they 'quit being your friend' over 3.0's release (and given how long I played plat, combined with being there through 3.0 release, I feel comfortable throwing this stone) there weren't very good people, weren't your friend, and didn't deserve to be anyway.

That said, drawing on the 'played plat a long time' experience again...I know how they feel. Seeing the other instances get a lot of updates and lovin' and so on, while you get pretty much nothing makes you feel left out, diminished, and makes you want to lash out.

I'm a badger, I be badgerin'
Re: 3.1 in TF? 06/09/2014 04:18 PM CDT
Well that may be the case but there is no need to dredge up old wounds. I feel like graphical MMOs get a free goddang pass when it comes to updates. Oh, give them a few weeks to sort out the lag. Oh don't worry, another emergency maintenance and it will be fixed. Ppfft.

In the past we've had GMs focused on specific instances. If new folks would step up, such attention could be possible once again. It REALLY helps. I encourage folks to put in applications when we have other round of hiring.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
Re: 3.1 in TF? 06/09/2014 04:25 PM CDT
>>It is a tough spot to be in as a developer. By releasing 3.0 first to Plat, we received the opposite type of complaints. NOBODY wanted to be the guinea pig.

TBH, I think the 3.0 launch in Plat suffered from a forced release deadline no matter what more than being the guinea pig.

That said, I think people were being a bit... unreasonable.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: 3.1 in TF? 06/09/2014 04:30 PM CDT
Yeah I mean, perceptions are a hard thing to beat. It wasn't forced so much as when we felt it was ready based on the testing. You can only have your development environment de-synched for so many years before new development becomes impossible :) It was all kind of a blur. If only I was as good with Combat code then, as I sorta-am now.

After that experience we've been a good bit more cautious. And that is a part of why the release to TF has taken longer than normal. We are our own worst enemies most of the time!

Re: 3.1 in TF? ::Nudge:: 06/09/2014 08:43 PM CDT

Not to stop your Plat conversation, you can take that on over to the Plat folders, this one is about TF.

Thanks.

Annwyl
Message Board Supervisor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing me at DR-Annwyl@play.net.
Re: 3.1 in TF? ::Nudge:: 06/09/2014 08:49 PM CDT
To answer your actual question, it's not that TF's been forgotten. I've been wanting to get TF updated, but unfortunately life hasn't really aligned such that I've had a free evening to dedicate to making sure everything's working. The last thing I want to do is roll it in hastily and then have you guys be severely broken for hours.

We're aiming for tomorrow evening - Not 100% sure on a time exactly but it'll be evening PST because that's when I'm free.

--

"The ninety and nine are with dreams, content but the hope of the world made new, is the hundredth man who is grimly bent on making those dreams come true." -E.A.P.
the TF server 06/09/2014 08:49 PM CDT
I always felt it had such unrealized potential.

Don't forget to vote for dragonrealms:

http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: the TF server 06/10/2014 06:09 PM CDT
>I always felt it had such unrealized potential.

as a substitute for airbake baking pans?

6 accounts have left in the last week, potentially 3 more with the advent of 3.1. the few... the proud... the.. absolutely stupid?

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked.
-Lord Chesterfield
Re: the TF server 06/10/2014 06:22 PM CDT
You might want to include something that indicates whether you think the people leaving or staying are stupid.

And why, if you don't want to just pointlessly kvetch, but that's a quibble.

I'm a badger, I be badgerin'
Re: the TF server 06/10/2014 06:25 PM CDT

Kinda shocked 6 people still play TF. Who's winning between it and plat?
Re: the TF server ::NUDGE:: 06/10/2014 09:05 PM CDT

Let's find something constructive to discuss, thanks.

Annwyl
Message Board Supervisor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing me at DR-Annwyl@play.net.