TF Pricing 10/17/2013 11:00 AM CDT
I know its been beaten to death, but is there any chance we can get a TF only pricing.

Like $5.99 or $6.99 for TF only, no prime sub?

I was talking with some people and I think you'd get a few signups that should more than make up the revenue lost from current TFers downgrading their accounts. Some may not even do that if they do poke around in prime.

This would solve the, you can't have two characters in an different instance at the same time issue.
Re: TF Pricing 10/23/2013 01:04 AM CDT
For what it's worth, I would have jumped all over that race to 150th if SIMU offered a cheaper option for customers who would like to play one character in each instance simultaneously. So there's another potential signup.

>befriend clear all
You are now friendless.
Re: TF Pricing 12/04/2013 08:15 PM CST

Can we get a response from a GM here? I really love TF, have been here for all but maybe 1 year, but I can't justify spending ~$20 dollars a month anymore. The instance is really going downhill in recent years, with less than 20 characters online at a time. I realize there is no GM interaction, but something would be nice to try to rejuvenate it.
Re: TF Pricing 12/04/2013 08:21 PM CST

I'd play TF for $5 a month
if it was separate pricing from prime. (note I wouldnt cancel my prime accounts)
Re: TF Pricing 12/04/2013 08:38 PM CST
How could it be proven to the company's stake holders that changing TF to its own cheaper subscription would avoid reducing revenue? As GMs we are not in charge of decision like this, and if the game is healthy I doubt the stakeholders would chance rocking the boat.

A promising idea would be if a TF player became a GM and focused on TF events and releases. That always seems to work out well, and helps to justify the price while attracting more people to the instance.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: TF Pricing 12/04/2013 08:50 PM CST
>How could it be proven to the company's stake holders that changing TF to its own cheaper subscription would avoid reducing revenue? As GMs we are not in charge of decision like this, and if the game is healthy I doubt the stakeholders would chance rocking the boat.

>A promising idea would be if a TF player became a GM and focused on TF events and releases. That always seems to work out well, and helps to justify the price while attracting more people to the instance.

I like that idea, how would you go about implementing it though? Someone in TF has to apply and be approved etc etc?

My thought recently was why not try and expand the base by opening it up as a perk to premium members? This may help expand the player base and potentially help avoid afk in prime by inducing a benefit to logging their characters off in Prime to login to the TF instance; scripting up another character or test things out or whatever.

I'd love to have the $5 version too and wish it was more marketable.

Mmmmm...pie
Re: TF Pricing 12/04/2013 09:23 PM CST
My personal feeling is that most premium folks wouldn't touch TF. From my experience, most of the people who pay for Premium are heavily invested in Prime and would be unlikely to give up time in Prime for TF.

But that's just my opinion.

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: TF Pricing 12/04/2013 10:02 PM CST
>>I like that idea, how would you go about implementing it though? Someone in TF has to apply and be approved etc etc?

Yes, but that isn't unreasonable. For example, many of us GMs came from Plat and have continued to support it in whatever capacity we are able.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
Re: TF Pricing 12/05/2013 09:20 AM CST
Regarding the tf only pricing, let me give my thoughts and be done with it.

Nobody wants to eat in an empty resteraunt, those that do love it and eat there regardless.

I am not an economics major, or a business owner. But lets say that you have ~50 accounts that have TF access currently. What I see as a customer is 20 characters logged into TF on average recently with about 12 different players due to multiple accounts. Some new people log into tf, see low population and leave right away. If you provide a 5$ option for TF only, one of my thoughts at least was to open 3 of those accounts instead of my current 2. If more people did that, then lets say the population is up around 50, more people might be inclined to join. About half of the people in TF play prime in some sort or another, so they most likely wouldn't even opt for tf only pricing option. There are also some folks who are plat, so this wouldn't even apply.

With a higher population, you might get more people to do pay quests or fest instead of the 4 for example that did HE.

How would you recoup the difference between ~40 dollars and the new ~15 dollars for my scenario above?

Microtransactions

I tell you, people would pay for bonus pool learning exp bonus's, items like field repair kits, tyrium, etc. One of the key reasons people don't want to play TF as well is that it literally takes a year to catch up with the big guys, maybe 2 to catch up to the 200th level guys. Learning bonus micro trans could help that, or character copies from prime. There is no integrity issues in TF to having microtransactions that boost play like it might in prime or plat. Since 3.0 it takes multiple shots to kill anyways, so you wouldn't really be able to have snerts running around griefing. I for one could care less if someone came in and got to 150th in 3 months for example instead of 12, I would actually welcome it.

Anyways, I think I am done trying to give ideas here. I have given so many ideas to make TF better, but it Sounds like the hands are tied. So long, its been fun. I need a break. Wish TF a long and happy life.
Re: TF Pricing 12/05/2013 09:42 AM CST

And actually, in the scenario of the original poster, it would be a net same. Assume the scenario of someone with a current prime account, $14.95 or whatever. the only option to join TF is to add that to the top on the same account. I think the OP was referring to keeping the 14.95, but also adding a new TF only account of say $5.00. So the net is the same, and you actually have more subscriptions.
Re: TF Pricing 12/05/2013 09:53 AM CST
<<And actually, in the scenario of the original poster, it would be a net same. Assume the scenario of someone with a current prime account, $14.95 or whatever. the only option to join TF is to add that to the top on the same account. I think the OP was referring to keeping the 14.95, but also adding a new TF only account of say $5.00. So the net is the same, and you actually have more subscriptions.>>

Correct, because I could add a TF account for $5 and keep my TF character in game 24-7, and not have to log in and out to play prime.

They could always allow anyone with a prime account, add a SEPARATE TF account for $5. Thereby allowing both instances to run at the same time. That probably makes too much sense though.
Re: TF Pricing 12/05/2013 12:00 PM CST
>>Microtransactions

If we had the development resources this could be expanded upon much sooner. More folks needs to volunteer their time and help out so we can make it happen!

Re: TF Pricing 12/05/2013 12:50 PM CST
Allow TF for $5 but only if you have another account that is active in prime or plat. It would draw more folks if they didn't have to decide between the two, bring more money and even more money via quests and other pay events. It could work, but as you can tell people are getting fed up with the current way its handled.
Re: TF Pricing 12/05/2013 03:01 PM CST
>Correct, because I could add a TF account for $5 and keep my TF character in game 24-7, and not have to log in and out to play prime.

I mean, that's what I'd do. I'd have my prime account and then two or three in TF since I can let them number crunch away while I play prime and not have to worry about logging in and out.

>If we had the development resources this could be expanded upon much sooner. More folks needs to volunteer their time and help out so we can make it happen!

I'm thinking about it, not that I'm sure you guys would have me because I have multiple warnings (mostly back from 2001? I think before TF came along)

Mmmmm...pie
Re: TF Pricing 12/05/2013 03:06 PM CST
So who exactly determines sub prices? There is a GREAT deal of confusion amongst players about this and a clear answer would be nice. Dev says it's not by committee, Solomon says it's not him. Who?

I think Simu could make a lot more money by lowering sub costs, there are SO many people who would pay 10$ but can't justify 15$.

IM: Dannyboy00001111

"Fool proof system do not take into account the ingenuity of fools, nor the power of numbers."
Re: TF Pricing 12/05/2013 03:21 PM CST
>>So who exactly determines sub prices? There is a GREAT deal of confusion amongst players about this and a clear answer would be nice. Dev says it's not by committee, Solomon says it's not him. Who?

Judging from K's earlier posts in this thread my guess would be Simutronic's stake holders (Whatley, and others that probably have nothing to do with game development or these forums).
Re: TF Pricing 12/05/2013 05:17 PM CST
Honestly, there isn't any way a reasonable person expects TF only pricing to increase the profit of the game. Just like Plat only pricing.

And the stated goal of not 'encouraging' inattentive playing means they won't likely be offering split account style systems either.
Re: TF Pricing 12/05/2013 06:58 PM CST
I don't especially have a dog in this fight, but I think the request was if account 1 is at least premium level, that they can open a second, connected account for 5 additional dollars, so that they can script the day away even while they are home and actively playing their prim/prem/plat account.

This sounds similiar to the "let's have a test account we can play while we play in prime" discussion from a week or so ago.

Illimin
Re: TF Pricing 12/06/2013 06:25 AM CST

<<<<
Honestly, there isn't any way a reasonable person expects TF only pricing to increase the profit of the game. Just like Plat only pricing.

And the stated goal of not 'encouraging' inattentive playing means they won't likely be offering split account style systems either.
>>>

What? If you have to have a prime account to get five dollar tf pricing it's the same for simu. I'd do that, currently I don't do tf anymore because I have to log my prime character to play tf and log my tf to play prime. I'd pay an additional five bucks for a separate tf sub though and I imagine you'd get quite a few others as well. Simu wins wins here and loses nothing.
Re: TF Pricing 12/08/2013 10:10 PM CST
A separate $5 account? I like that.

Who cares if both would be logged in at the same time, I highly doubt many people are going to be unattentive in prime in order to play TF.

(This is different from prime and test simultaneously, since making use of both of those instances requires paying attention)

Hell, I might actually sign up for one just to have a good place to fiddle with my scripts and test numbers.

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: TF Pricing 12/08/2013 10:39 PM CST

>>>A separate $5 account? I like that.<<

Just make prime required to get the separate five dollar account, I'd sign both my accounts up.
Re: TF Pricing 12/08/2013 10:40 PM CST

He'll you could even just bill and offer a rebate on the card.... Say you have a prime account, you create a second account on the credit card and sign up for TF and your second account gets a credit. For the cost of prime, and NO prime character slots.
Re: TF Pricing 12/11/2013 07:22 PM CST
< Just make prime required to get the separate five dollar account, I'd sign both my accounts up.

Yeah that's what I meant when I brought it up. Should be easy enough to allow linking accounts and what not, provided the payment options and address are the same. Also like I said before I think it would actually generate a lot more revenue than it does currently seeing how I sure as hell wouldn't mind rolling up a newb in TF that I could participate on some of the tournament type things they have after a month or two of training. Not sure if that type of thing is still going on these days since there's so few folks playing. But I wouldn't mind paying an extra 5 bucks to play TF while I could play my normal guys in prime.