Make TF better thread 04/26/2013 11:46 AM CDT
Wanted to send this out to see if we can make TF a place that more people want to join again. Lets fact it, the main reason people don't want to join TF is because it will take literally years to get to the top.

1. TF only pricing
2. Static extreme shop location
3. Fix infamy to not reset every week, it was cool how it was before, but just needed the board wiped
4. Implement hardcode mode (learn 10x faster, but when you die you restart)
5. Maybe sell micro trans learning potions, learn x times faster for x amount of time
6. implement other TF only micro trans, if you do it right, and with TF only pricing you could actually make more money
7. More extreme shop items
8. Copy prime character into tf. Now that you cant really kill people in one shot, perhaps we wouldn't have so many griefers.

Any others?
Re: Make TF better thread 04/26/2013 01:52 PM CDT

Ah, one more thing:
remove the login timer. Now that it takes 10 shots to kill anybody, it doesn't really matter.
Re: Make TF better thread 04/26/2013 08:25 PM CDT
Good post Worril. I think one of the reasons TF doesn't see much new blood is because of the changes to AFK scripting penalties. It used to be people would get a 30 day or 60 day lockout. They wanted to keep playing DR and it was only an additional 5 bucks for a month, so no big deal... I'll take my lockout, go to TF, learn how to script even better so maybe I won't get caught next time in prime... Many of those people ended up staying in TF and never going back to prime. Now there's no lockout and the AFK scripting penalty is just... meh. I'm not sure how to fix that situation to incentivize TF over prime, but that's just my observations. I've been playing prime almost since Jekyll and Hide left TF and I'm considering opening up my TF accounts again maybe this summer. Anyway... excellent post and good luck.

"EMPATHS RULE ELANTHIA -- ALL SHALL LOVE US AND DESPAAAAAIR" ~GM Melete
Re: Make TF better thread 04/27/2013 11:04 PM CDT

Allow a way to transfer back and forth between the two games, so a person can train and kill one another all they want in TF land, and when in Prime hopefully be ready for player interaction
Re: Make TF better thread 04/27/2013 11:53 PM CDT
>>Allow a way to transfer back and forth between the two games, so a person can train and kill one another all they want in TF land, and when in Prime hopefully be ready for player interaction

I don't think that would be the result, sadly.

The teeth lands a solid (5/23) hit that pokes the teeth into Turul's rear end (more embarrassing than painful!).
Re: Make TF better thread 04/28/2013 06:49 AM CDT
I still maintain if I could copy Buuwl into TF and other prime characters I would, I definitely am against being able to copy BACK into prime for obvious reasons.

$20 Copy any prime character into TF, I'm all in.

- Buuwl
Re: Make TF better thread 04/28/2013 11:09 AM CDT
No need for a workable infamy belt/system - no one can kill anyone anyway.

Add a super easy health trigger, and the baddest barb in the game can't kill a noob out of the character manager in 15 seconds.

Don't make accounts while under the influence - it may lead to ridiculous spelling errors.
Re: Make TF better thread 04/28/2013 11:15 AM CDT
/overreactivehyperbole

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: Make TF better thread 04/28/2013 12:21 PM CDT
/completelytruestatementprovemewrong

Don't make accounts while under the influence - it may lead to ridiculous spelling errors.
Re: Make TF better thread 04/28/2013 12:25 PM CDT

One thought that came up was for people to create newbs, and have the system cap them at like 200 ranks. then we have tourneys with them and have a more level playing field. I know this has been suggested in the past, but is this even technically possible?
Re: Make TF better thread :NUDGE:: 04/28/2013 01:11 PM CDT

Not the conflicts folder, keep the snark to yourselves.

Annwyl
Message Board Supervisor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing me at DR-Annwyl@play.net.
Re: Make TF better thread 04/28/2013 01:16 PM CDT
>/completelytruestatementprovemewrong

The burden of proof is on you, not him.

Just to clarify. You made the claim that "the baddest barb in the game can't kill a noob out of the character manager in 15 seconds." He refuted that. That is not a claim. So it's on you, not him to prove anything.

Blackguard Danoryiel

"Sogan udazama umbunor fau arrazoi inishatu seiremisai. (Only the fallen have nothing to despair)"
Re: Make TF better thread 04/28/2013 05:57 PM CDT
>One thought that came up was for people to create newbs, and have the system cap them at like 200 ranks. then we have tourneys with them and have a more level playing field. I know this has been suggested in the past, but is this even technically possible?

If going this route, why not have a series of 'rub and done' statues? 1 per hundred ranks, moves everything to X00 flat, wether up or down, etc.

That way people could just roll up a name and use it to PvP at flat ranks without having the weeks/months runup to 100 (how long does that take in TF?).

Pants.
Re: Make TF better thread 04/29/2013 11:39 AM CDT
>> The burden of proof is on you, not him.

In an even contest and most lopsided ones(>50% of attacker's level) what he said is true. Trying to pidgin-hole the argument by bringing in the most absolutely extreme case as proof is really ridiculous.

IM: Dannyboy00001111

"Fool proof system do not take into account the ingenuity of fools, nor the power of numbers."
Re: Make TF better thread 04/29/2013 12:27 PM CDT
>>Trying to pidgin-hole the argument by bringing in the most absolutely extreme case as proof is really ridiculous.

You mean the argument that the OP brought in the first place as an attempt at ridiculous hyperbole?

Of course, I'm not really surprised that you agree with it.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: Make TF better thread 04/29/2013 01:19 PM CDT
>> Of course, I'm not really surprised that you agree with it.

O yea? Well I'm not surprised that you're not surprised.

IM: Dannyboy00001111

"Fool proof system do not take into account the ingenuity of fools, nor the power of numbers."
Re: Make TF better thread 05/16/2013 09:22 PM CDT

Its a sad thing that no GM has acknowledged this thread. If they don't care, how will we make this better? Really considering leaving, TF is pretty much dead.
Re: Make TF better thread 05/16/2013 09:28 PM CDT

Just come to prime, you won TF.
Re: Make TF better thread 05/17/2013 11:29 AM CDT
>>Its a sad thing that no GM has acknowledged this thread. If they don't care, how will we make this better?

Lack of a post shouldn't be taken as lack of acknowledgement. I personally have not posted anything in response to your requests because it's not my call on what happens in TF at all.

What I can do is, make sure the person(s) that DO make those decisions get a look at your suggestions.

---
NaOH+HI
Re: Make TF better thread 05/17/2013 01:13 PM CDT
Thanks Naohii, I think I can speak for all of us in saying that we appreciate the time you've spent on us recently.

GENT
Re: Make TF better thread 05/17/2013 09:01 PM CDT
>Thanks Naohii

Sodium Hydroxide Hydrogen Iodide, that being NaOH HI.

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
Re: Make TF better thread 05/18/2013 01:45 AM CDT
I'm a Bard, not a chemist!

GENT
EXTREME SHOP 05/28/2013 02:58 AM CDT
So.. it's been I don't even know how many months since anyone has found the extreme shop.
How do we even know it's not in an inaccessible or almost impossible to find place like it has been 50 times before?
I don't think anyone has even entered the extreme shop since it was spawning at the last festival.

Seriously, can we just consider just moving it to a static location?
Re: EXTREME SHOP 05/28/2013 02:30 PM CDT
I'll look and see where it is and get it moved again. We don't currently have any plans to make the shop a static facade.

Solomon
Re: EXTREME SHOP 05/29/2013 11:28 PM CDT
Very nice, thank you Solomon.

I'm not entirely certain why people with no vested interest in TF have any reason whatsoever to troll a post about TF, but whatever blows your skirt up.

We'd look forward to your return, BLUESUEDESHOES. Let us know when/if you do return, we'll make sure you have what you need.

I agree with TFPALADIN on a great many points, as well.

TF-only pricing should really be an option. As one of a very few Premium subscribers in TF, there is a LOT that isn't balanced with Prime, making TF less of an addon, and more of a step down. IE: non-existant housing areas, for one.

Infamy lost all it's appeal with the new system. Weekly wipes aren't fun, and there's no reason to even try to get the belt.

'Hardcore Mode' would be pretty cool, if people wouldn't grief the folks playing that.

Microtrans for TF is a nice idea, I doubt I'd have much interest, other than bonding potions for non-weapon non-armor items. (My fest raffle forging tools, for example. Please?)

More GOOD and useful Extreme shop items. Giant packs/sheaths/pouches are wonderful. The weapons really need updated, they might have been great pre-3.0, but not so much, any more.

Prime to TF copy. YES, PLEASE! I don't agree with the copy going both ways, though. It wouldn't exactly be fair to allow it to go the other way.

The login timer is nothing more than an irritation. Maybe only have the timer work if someone combat logged, but not all the time. I can see that it's even more useful now, with one-shot deaths being gone, for the most part, but for those of us that don't PvP, it's annoying.

Chatter should be on by default, in TF. Some folks that come in have no idea, so we end up thoughtcasting them, or chasing them down to let them know. Sometimes, they run, thinking we're on the hunt, when we really only want to let them know how to get around, where the empaths are, etc...

I'd like to see a shared vault implemented. Maybe not JUST in TF, but everywhere. That would be in addition to the current vault, not sharing that one.

Anyhow, that's my bit.

~P
Re: EXTREME SHOP 05/30/2013 11:24 AM CDT
>>Chatter should be on by default, in TF.

Honestly, IMO it should be on by default in Plat, too, for the same reasons highlighted here.

The teeth lands a solid (5/23) hit that pokes the teeth into Turul's rear end (more embarrassing than painful!).
Re: EXTREME SHOP 05/30/2013 11:41 AM CDT
I might be wrong, but in regards to no housing area in TF. I think they did that, so there wouldn't be any safe places at all for people to hide.
Re: EXTREME SHOP 05/30/2013 09:36 PM CDT
>I might be wrong, but in regards to no housing area in TF. I think they did that, so there wouldn't be any safe places at all for people to hide.

Nah, I have a couple homes.
They just turned learning off in homes and on private boats.
No point hiding out there if you can't script.
May as well just log out.

Information for those new to DragonRealms: The Fallen: http://www.tinyurl.com/DR-The-Fallen
Re: EXTREME SHOP 05/31/2013 02:29 PM CDT
>I'd like to see a shared vault implemented. Maybe not JUST in TF, but everywhere. That would be in addition to the current vault, not sharing that one.

Wanted to clarify this, I didn't mean shared between instances, as it seems to infer.

I'd like to be able to have a vault I can share with anyone of my choosing, even if it's 5 plat/mo.

Would let people exchange items without being ATK. (Metals, pouches, etc...)

Also would be handy to be able to put coin on/in/under an item.

Thanks,

~P

Information for those new to DragonRealms: The Fallen: http://www.tinyurl.com/DR-The-Fallen
Re: Make TF better thread 05/31/2013 02:52 PM CDT
>That way people could just roll up a name and use it to PvP at flat ranks without having the weeks/months runup to 100 (how long does that take in TF?).

You can make 30th in a week, fairly easily.