Stealth seems broken 04/14/2013 06:20 AM CDT
So I stopped learning Stealth from Intercessors around 1616. Up until 1615 (verified in my logs), I was getting Stealth up to 24/34 or so no problem.
After 1616, I could barely get it above dabbling (1/34). If I could even get it to move at all. This is with constant slip-stalk, backstab, repeat for 10-15 minutes.
Doing so before always brought me to high mind states in Stealth. Now it doesn't even learn at all.

I figured I just must have hit the hard cap on intercessors. So I decided to move to cabalists. They should teach higher right?

Nope. Locking all my combat skills no problem. This is after 1 hour of combat (I stalk constantly) - Stealth: 1617 25.21% clear (0/34)

Turned on my exp echo plugin, and just as I thought, it appears not learning any stealth at all.

You quickly slip into hiding to prepare to stalk.
You melt into the background, convinced that your attempt to hide went unobserved.
You are convinced that your stalking went unobserved.
You move into position to stalk an arthelun cabalist when it moves.
Roundtime: 3 sec.

HR>
RT with no EXP.

(This is in combat at melee with 4 cabalists)

Hide? Same thing.

> hide
You melt into the background, convinced that your attempt to hide went unobserved.
Roundtime: 2 sec.

HR>
RT with no EXP.

Surely 1616 isn't the cap for Stealth?
Re: Stealth seems broken 04/14/2013 09:40 PM CDT
Well.. Lyneya did some testing with me earlier. Seems intercessors perception was higher than cabalists.
She said she would pass it along... I wasn't expecting any miracles, or a fix anytime soon.

But I check and...
Stealth: 1617 48% understanding (14/34)

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! Whoever did it.
Re: Stealth seems broken 04/14/2013 10:41 PM CDT
Just a guess here.

Day time vs. Night time.

Blackguard Danoryiel

"Sogan udazama umbunor fau arrazoi inishatu seiremisai. (Only the fallen have nothing to despair)"
Re: Stealth seems broken 04/15/2013 05:32 AM CDT
>>Day time vs. Night time.

When it comes to stealth this has not mattered for a long time.
Re: Stealth seems broken 04/15/2013 05:40 AM CDT
Ah, did not know.

why has it not mattered? and for how long?

Blackguard Danoryiel

"Sogan udazama umbunor fau arrazoi inishatu seiremisai. (Only the fallen have nothing to despair)"
Re: Stealth seems broken 04/15/2013 05:44 AM CDT
There is no longer a perception/stealth penalty/bonus due to the time of day anymore, and it has been many years since they took that out.
Re: Stealth seems broken 04/16/2013 11:22 PM CDT
Time of day doesn't seem to have any effect.. at least I don't think so. I can test more thoroughly later.

One theory I was given was maybe they spawn in a level range, and I'm not learning from the lower mobs but I do from the higher level ones.
But I'm not sure how the spawns work? If lower level creatures and higher level creatures spawn, are they generally in the same time or do they come separately?
Because it seems I am not learning any stealth for a long period of time... and then all of a sudden start learning it again.

Although upon further testing it appears I am only learning stealth when sniping. Not when backstabbing or hiding/stalking or loading from hidden.
This is currently during the day. I will test more later:

You quickly slip into hiding to prepare to stalk.
You are convinced that your stalking went unobserved.
You move into position to stalk an arthelun cabalist when it moves.
Roundtime: 3 sec.

HR>
RT with no EXP.

You remain concealed by your surroundings, convinced that your moving to fire went unobserved.
Your attempt is slightly hindered by your ironwood shield.
< Moving with incredible power and control, you snipe a bone-tipped arrow at an arthelun cabalist. An arthelun cabalist fails to evade, avoiding most of the blow.
The arrow lands a heavy strike (7/22) that glances the bone-tipped arrow across the forehead, lightly stunning her.

The bone-tipped arrow lodges itself shallowly into the arthelun cabalist!
[You're winded, solidly balanced and in dominating position.]
[Roundtime 1 sec.]

HR>
Learned: Stealth, Bow, Missile Mastery

H> [hunt]: load

Your ironwood shield makes the task more difficult.
You remain concealed by your surroundings, convinced that your loading went unobserved.
You reach into your quiver to load the hirdu bow with a bone-tipped arrow.
Roundtime 3 sec.
HR>
RT with no EXP.
Re: Stealth seems broken 04/17/2013 05:02 AM CDT
Confirmed. Only possible way for me to learn stealth now is through snipe it seems. I can live with that I s'pose.