Teaching in TF these days? 04/29/2012 04:41 PM CDT
For some bizarre reason I don't have access to the Fallen forums, so here goes ...

Are there any teaching bots still floating around TF? I remember when I played a few years ago there were always at least a few empaths or other lore heavy characters running a teaching script around Crossing and now I can't find any.

Trying to blow some of the worst of the rust off my coding skills but I'd like at least a few levels so I can play with some different spells. Hard to circle a war mage with absolutely no teaching available.

Driver of Lielfr
Re: Teaching in TF these days? 04/29/2012 09:29 PM CDT

First - welcome!

All of the gathering within TF takes place in the portals. If you have Genie, #Goto portal in any major city works. If you're in the Crossing, it is southwesterly from the bank. Gwyddion is always teaching something, among others.

~Shepherd
Re: Teaching in TF these days? 04/30/2012 02:20 PM CDT
Thanks! I could hear everyone on the chatter but didn't exactly want to send up a sign saying, "Hey, new meat for the killing here!" I've played and enjoyed EVE, so PvP doesn't scare me, but I'm not going to help the gankers stomp me. That would be downright silly.

Although I keep finding changes that have made the whole game easier too, so I found a workaround at least to get me by.

Driver of Lielfr
Re: Teaching in TF these days? 04/30/2012 09:22 PM CDT
they won't stomp you, and if they do and its the first stomping you'll probably get 100 plats, so its worth said stomping.

- Buuwl
Re: Teaching in TF these days? 05/01/2012 06:13 AM CDT
The portal is (from the bank) sw, go bridge, se, se, go portal. It's where the premium/wedding portal usually is. Gwyddion is set up there teaching, and healing when you need it.
Re: Teaching in TF these days? 05/01/2012 11:17 AM CDT
>> they won't stomp you, and if they do and its the first stomping you'll probably get 100 plats, so its worth said stomping.

What Buuwl said. You'll be found and killed at least once as a welcome to the fallen death. It's tradition at this point. After that, you're generally free to do your own thing or play with the group as desired.
Re: Teaching in TF these days? 05/01/2012 01:48 PM CDT
>you'll probably get 100 plats, so its worth said stomping.

Stomping yes, Plats no.

Usually have to stick around a bit to get the plats. Watched 3k of my plat walk out already this year
Re: Teaching in TF these days? 05/01/2012 10:24 PM CDT
I said probably on the plats.... Money doesn't matter much in TF, especially since the extreme shop was shuttered.

- Buuwl
Re: Teaching in TF these days? 05/02/2012 12:03 AM CDT
Extreme shop is back I think, you never know though if it is in an accessible room or not. Nobody really cares enough though to look for it. No idea why having it parked on Hara was such a big deal, but whatever. We'll just continue to stockpile plats for guildfest 2013.
Re: Teaching in TF these days? 05/02/2012 08:53 PM CDT
how do you know it back?

- Buuwl
Re: Teaching in TF these days? 05/02/2012 09:28 PM CDT
>>You'll be found and killed at least once as a welcome to the fallen death. It's tradition at this point. After that, you're generally free to do your own thing or play with the group as desired.

Heh. Haven't hunted me down yet. Not too worried about it. I live by EvE's "Rule number 1: If you can't afford to loose it, don't fly it." and "You will get ganked. It's just a matter of when. If you have a problem with this, see Rule number 1."

Although I really think I'm going to have to spring for Genie if it can relog after a disco. My connection is wireless in the middle of nowhere, so I end up with a lot of discos and I'm using TF to get my programming chops back after a long hiatus. (I'm trying to get into a CE master's program this Fall for gaming systems. No, not video games, real gaming, as in gambling machines. Yes, there's a degree program for that and NO it's not at UNLV. Their engineering program is only describable in TF.)

Of course now someone will find me in the middle of the night and smoosh my poor little warmie. Maybe I should see about setting up at least some basic triggers. Talk about fun work in Stormfront.

Driver of Lielfr
Re: Teaching in TF these days? 05/02/2012 10:27 PM CDT

Well I think its back because Lyneya said so. I think one person found it, and nobody since it has moved locations.
Re: Teaching in TF these days? 05/03/2012 07:41 AM CDT
>>how do you know it back?

I found it about 2 months ago

R> tap blade
You tap a T'Kashi mirror blade inside your hitman's backpack.
Re: Teaching in TF these days? 05/03/2012 07:44 AM CDT
>>We'll just continue to stockpile plats for guildfest 2013.

[02:07] Plats: 22242

[15:50] Chatter[Shroom] The clerk pages through her ledger. "Shroom, it looks like your current balance is 155578 platinum, 7 gold, 7 silver, 7 bronze, and 5 copper Dokoras."

I have nowhere near enough