Looking to join 05/06/2011 03:04 PM CDT
I'm looking to join Plat in the search of a tighter community and more RP opportunities.

I just have a few questions:

First, since there's only 15-20 players from what I've read, does it make some classes much harder to train, such as Empaths who require people to heal to advance?

Second, what sort of guild members do you think might be needed or not as important in a realm with so few adventurers? I'd try most, but I'd like to specialize in something the community needs. I can create a story behind a rock if I needed to.

Thanks!
Re: Looking to join 05/06/2011 03:18 PM CDT
>> I'm looking to join Plat

Sweet, we'd love to have you! I just started a month or so ago, and I'm really enjoying it.

>> does it make some classes much harder to train, such as Empaths who require people to heal to advance?

Frankly? Yes, but the community will help you when and where it can.

>> what sort of guild members do you think might be needed or not as important in a realm with so few adventurers?

I kind of asked this myself when I started, and I got an overwhelming response of, "Play what you want, srsly!"

We have moonies for JJ and gweths, we have rezzing clerics, we have several shifting empaths. Honestly, they were right. Pick something you can enjoy playing for years and really making part of the RP community.

Lookin' forward to seeing you in Plat.

~ Iscariah
Re: Looking to join 05/06/2011 03:30 PM CDT
Learning Empathy isn't that bad with the new all-instance tweaks skill gain via healing.

Teaching is obnoxious, but people will gladly show up to listen at the NE gate.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the scholarship/teaching skill merge.

"We're not "out to get you," we're here to enhance your playing experience with extreme prejudice.," DR-ARMIFER
Re: Looking to join 05/06/2011 05:33 PM CDT
Play what you want. Sometimes quirky works out really well so don't limit yourself.

~Faih
Re: Looking to join 05/10/2011 08:34 AM CDT
>>First, since there's only 15-20 players from what I've read, does it make some classes much harder to train

As Iscariah already said, the answer is yes, but not so much more difficult as to be unpleasant. Most Plat players are the sort to enjoy that kind of challenge anyway. As long as you enjoy the guild you choose, I don't think you will find it a problem.

>>I'd like to specialize in something the community needs.

I think Plat finally has a smattering of representation in all guilds again, so there isn't really a need that desperately requires filling. This makes the standard Plat advice of "Play what you enjoy" more valid than ever.

Come see us soon!

~Talo, Prydaen Barbarian~