On Starting Over in Plat 02/22/2011 11:14 AM CST
Took Caraamon's comment over to here since my reply is more relevant in this context.

>>I don't want to do the grind all over again

You'd be surprised at how much was redone at lower levels. Starting up again really gave me the chance to try out the new lower-level areas/creatures that were made in the last few years. Snow Goblins, graverobbers, those Traders in Muspar'i, mutant togballs, etc. It's not as much of a grind just because there's so much more stuff to explore. Plus, if you decide to go a new weapon/armor route it's another nice change of pace. I'm even trying to avoid the majority of undead things in P5 just because if I start up a Cleric, I want to try to go an all undead creature route and P5 offers so much new stuff.

>>the second is I like being vaguely famous

It's super easy to make your mark in Plat. Especially once all the new crafting stuff comes out. I'm already thinking I'll make a 'Tog Trader who focuses on smithing and such, and even without huge amounts of mech he could probably gain enough notice as someone worth asking to do mixing work, basic crafting, etc. Unless you go out of your way to get on people's nerves, the majority of players will go out of their way to endorse your character as the person to go to for X. Hell, people went to my Gnome for package deliveries, and it's not like they didn't have familiars, ranger companions, easy access to each other in the first place, etc.

"We're not "out to get you," we're here to enhance your playing experience with extreme prejudice.," DR-ARMIFER
Re: On Starting Over in Plat 02/22/2011 12:07 PM CST
>>>>>>>>You'd be surprised at how much was redone at lower levels. Starting up again really gave me the chance to try out the new lower-level areas/creatures that were made in the last few years. Snow Goblins, graverobbers, those Traders in Muspar'i, mutant togballs, etc. It's not as much of a grind just because there's so much more stuff to explore. Plus, if you decide to go a new weapon/armor route it's another nice change of pace. I'm even trying to avoid the majority of undead things in P5 just because if I start up a Cleric, I want to try to go an all undead creature route and P5 offers so much new stuff.<<<<<<<<<<

It might be relevant in plat, but prime is still an exciting place for a novice with a jaded and experienced player behind the character with the new creatures out the west gate and all the other changes that have made DR more newbie/novice friendly in the last few years.
Re: On Starting Over in Plat 02/22/2011 12:44 PM CST
>>It might be relevant in plat, but prime is still an exciting place for a novice with a jaded and experienced player behind the character with the new creatures out the west gate and all the other changes that have made DR more newbie/novice friendly in the last few years.

Oh, I agree that the first point is relevant in Prime as well.

"We're not "out to get you," we're here to enhance your playing experience with extreme prejudice.," DR-ARMIFER