Platinum Subscription 07/31/2009 01:43 AM CDT
I've had one for a while now but I just can't seem to get into it because I don't see too many folks around. Where does everyone hang out? I'd like to spend more time over there but at such a young circle it kinda sucks with no one around and no way to talk to anyone.
Re: Platinum Subscription 07/31/2009 02:02 AM CDT
Turn chatter on. A lot of the 'hangout' banter happens there. You will at least hear where people are that way.

The northeast gate of Crossing is a gathering point. You'll run into people there even if you start there alone.

~Faih
Re: Platinum Subscription 07/31/2009 02:04 AM CDT
chatter?

The undead hordes would like to take this moment to remind you that they are quite happy to eat your brains so that you may test new depart.Please consider it.Hugs and kisses, Team Necro.
Re: Platinum Subscription 07/31/2009 02:10 AM CDT
<<chatter?

A game-wide chat channel that all instances but Prime have access to. It follows the same rules as the gweths in whichever instance it is being used in. In test it can be OOC, in TF anything goes, and in Plat it is IC only with the occaisional 'OOC: message' allowed.

It also has the effect of making gweths redundant. Crystal rings have a bit of functionality retained as they allow for private conversation.

The default is OFF so you need to use CHATTER /ON in order to listen in. I, and others, have requested ON be the default since its easy to forget for those in the know, and those not in the know have no way of knowing to turn it on in the first place.

-Evran

Crackling with unspent rage since 386A.V.
Re: Platinum Subscription 07/31/2009 07:01 AM CDT
>I've had one for a while now but I just can't seem to get into it because I don't see too many folks around. Where does everyone hang out? I'd like to spend more time over there but at such a young circle it kinda sucks with no one around and no way to talk to anyone.

We had 28 people on last night. Over half of them were around Crossing or in the lang/haven area.

Enable chatter with "CHAT /on" as the other poster said, since almost no one even wears gweths anymore.

-pete
Re: Platinum Subscription 07/31/2009 04:10 PM CDT
Thanks for the info!
Re: Platinum Subscription 07/31/2009 06:53 PM CDT
even when the population is low, people are very welcoming.

The undead hordes would like to take this moment to remind you that they are quite happy to eat your brains so that you may test new depart.Please consider it.Hugs and kisses, Team Necro.