Quests 06/26/2009 09:33 AM CDT
I've just heard that Plat players are getting the chance to go on some of the old quests, is this true?! If it is then how regularly do they take place, what would be the minimum skill/circle requirements and where do I sign?

I played Plat in the past and enjoyed it but didn't see enough of a benefit to make it worth the money (mostly due to my time zone) but access to quests would more than do it for me!

Rick
Re: Quests 06/26/2009 10:07 AM CDT
>I've just heard that Plat players are getting the chance to go on some of the old quests, is this true?!

Yes.

>If it is then how regularly do they take place,

So far we've done one of each run. Accounts are limited to once per month because the run is free - This is to make sure everyone gets a chance to go!

>what would be the minimum skill/circle requirements and where do I sign?

The quests being run right now are Dunshade and Gnome Quest. I can't remember exactly the level of creatures, but that info shouldn't be too hard for you to find.

Thanks!

Lyneya
Re: Quests 06/26/2009 10:14 AM CDT
>>The quests being run right now are Dunshade and Gnome Quest. I can't remember exactly the level of creatures, but that info shouldn't be too hard for you to find.

I would also be willing to bet that even if the critters are out of your reach, you'd find fun in the puzzles and your questmates would do a good job of keeping you alive. Plat is good at making it work for everyone somehow.

~Talo, Prydaen Barbarian~
Re: Quests 06/26/2009 10:29 AM CDT
I first ran the Gnome Quest in Plat when my moon mage was level 8. I remember that because I thought she was too small to go. But I had a wonderful time. Gnome quest has a number of puzzles that don't require skills so much as brain power. I don't remember the fighting so much because, for me, quests are more about the story line than the combat.

Really, there isn't any 'too small' to go on quests in Plat.

Sibley's player

Math that does not involve hypercubes and Cthulhu is covered in Scholarship.
-Armifer
Re: Quests 06/26/2009 10:46 AM CDT
I'm so sold :p Time to contact billing. Thanks guys :D

Rick
Re: Quests 06/26/2009 10:57 AM CDT
E-mail sent.

On a side note, the automated billing for Plat could do with looking at to encourage people to try it. $50 a month isn't a problem but the initial cost of about $75 it's trying to charge me at the moment is a bit silly. I understand I'd be paying for the rest of this month and next months subscription to Plat with that but I don't see why it doesn't let you just pay for the rest of this month. $50 I can smooth over with the boss of the house, $75 and she'll have me sleeping in the shed.

Hopefully billing will sort something out for me and I'll be seeing you guys over the weekend!

Rick
Re: Quests 06/27/2009 08:30 AM CDT
>Hopefully billing will sort something out for me and I'll be seeing you guys over the weekend!

Yeah, I'd definitely give billing a call.

I suggest you turn on chatter if you haven't already.

~Faih