Platinum trial 06/07/2009 12:49 AM CDT
Will there ever be another free Platinum trial? There have been trials for the past two summers, and I was wondering if there would be another this summer.

Rev. Reene

"When a thing seals itself against its own destruction, it merely dies a different death. All things have a common ground in decay. War is necessary. Death is necessary. Decay is necessary."
Re: Platinum trial 06/07/2009 08:17 PM CDT
>>Will there ever be another free Platinum trial? There have been trials for the past two summers, and I was wondering if there would be another this summer.<<

i believe you can still be sponsored for this free trial at any time during the year.. someone feel free to correct me if this is not the case.

Damian, a voice from the distant and long-forgotten past.
Re: Platinum trial 06/07/2009 11:53 PM CDT
As far as I know, one month free trials are available any time to anyone with a paid Prime subscription. For a while the sponsor was optional and I do not know if this is still the case or not. The OP may have been talking about the three-month trials offered over the last two summers. I have no idea whether these will return this summer or not.

~Talo, Prydaen Barbarian~
Re: Platinum trial 06/08/2009 12:07 AM CDT
>> The OP may have been talking about the three-month trials offered over the last two summers.

This is what I was referring to, yes.

Rev. Reene

"When a thing seals itself against its own destruction, it merely dies a different death. All things have a common ground in decay. War is necessary. Death is necessary. Decay is necessary."
Re: Platinum trial 06/08/2009 04:33 PM CDT
If you know someone in Plat, you can get a sponsor..drop me an email if you are interested.
Re: Platinum trial 06/09/2009 06:12 PM CDT
>This is what I was referring to, yes.

Oh, I wonder if someone would snicker if you put me as a sponsor.

And I have to think that if the trials weren't paying off with new customers, Simu might have decided to discontinue them; I never really noticed a consistant rise in the static base once the trials were good and over (september or october)
Re: Platinum trial 06/09/2009 10:41 PM CDT
We've kept a few new ones both summers.

Re: Platinum trial 06/09/2009 10:50 PM CDT
Technically, I'm a 3 month trial-lingerer, since I used it to come back to Plat after an absence. I play mostly in Prime, however, so some people may not count me as a Plat player. /shrug

-Evran

Crackling with unspent rage since 386AV.
Re: Platinum trial 06/10/2009 07:07 AM CDT
>I never really noticed a consistant rise in the static base once the trials were good and over (september or october)

We've lost a few people from Plat over that time as well. So I'd say the previews are keeping things at least from slipping too much.

I'd love to see Cael's player play a character in Plat. :-D

-pete
Re: Platinum trial 06/10/2009 07:15 AM CDT
>> I'd love to see Cael's player play a character in Plat. :-D

I don't think you've thought this through very well :P

Rev. Reene

Szrael says, "I may deliberately do pretty awful things to my body, but you moon mages let terrible things happen right inside your own skulls."
Re: Platinum trial 06/10/2009 08:22 AM CDT
>> I'd love to see Cael's player play a character in Plat. :-D

I don't think you've thought this through very well :P<<

i second that! i think we need to rethink it ::ducks::

Damian, a voice from the distant and long-forgotten past.
Re: Platinum trial 06/10/2009 06:24 PM CDT
>>I'd love to see Cael's player play a character in Plat

If that's the her I think you mean, I'm 98% sure I saw her log in the other night, albeit briefly. It struck me since I don't recall seeing the name in Plat before.

Re: Platinum trial 06/10/2009 06:28 PM CDT
I don't have a plat account, heh.

I was curious about a trial is all.

Rev. Reene

Szrael says, "I may deliberately do pretty awful things to my body, but you moon mages let terrible things happen right inside your own skulls."
Re: Platinum trial 06/10/2009 09:42 PM CDT
<<If that's the her I think you mean, I'm 98% sure I saw her log in the other night, albeit briefly.

Erm... yeah. That was Caelumina, the erstwhile commoner inspired by a recent thread and only logged in for as long as it took to create. If I actually use that name at all it will be likely only in Plat or TF since that would royally suck for her otherwise.

-Evran

Re: Platinum trial 06/10/2009 10:32 PM CDT
>> If I actually use that name at all it will be likely only in Plat or TF since that would royally suck for her otherwise.

Or it might be awesome, if attacks and stuff defaults to you instead of me. If Schvartzgoniff is acceptable...

And wtbh are you rolling up them for in the first place? :|

Rev. Reene

Re: Platinum trial 06/10/2009 10:47 PM CDT
obsessive, aren't you.

It's a number, it gets bigger. That's the whole DR experience right there
Re: Platinum trial 06/10/2009 11:43 PM CDT
<<And wtbh are you rolling up them for in the first place? :|

In the other thread some guy kept referring to you as Caelumina and I asked 'Who is Caelumina?' in a rhetorical, off-handed and snarky way. Very soon after that I was thinking about it and it became a philosophical question. Who is Caelumina? And then I realized that there was no better way to find out who she is by creating her story myself. And so Caelumina entered the adventure in Plat. Prime and TF followed to make sure the name was reserved across the instances. I have zero intention of using your version of Caelumia as a model/foil/whatever, and if anyone asks I'm not going to pretend I'm you. If you really don't want this to happen, let me know. Its not that important to me.

Or if it makes you feel important, we could pretend I have an obsessive stalking trait and you're my next crush. Whichever is fine with me.

-Evran

Re: Platinum trial 06/10/2009 11:45 PM CDT
>> Or if it makes you feel important, we could pretend I have an obsessive stalking trait and you're my next crush.

I didn't know you were that good at impressions.

I don't care honestly I just think you're a little bizarre.

Rev. Reene

Re: Platinum trial 06/10/2009 11:47 PM CDT
Weeeeeirdos

- Simon
Re: Platinum trial 06/10/2009 11:50 PM CDT
<<I didn't know you were that good at impressions.

Its quite easy really, you just have to take out your dentures and pillage a few towns.

-Evran

Re: Platinum trial 06/11/2009 12:50 AM CDT
<<Its quite easy really, you just have to take out your dentures and pillage a few towns.>>

thats MY job!

It's a number, it gets bigger. That's the whole DR experience right there
Re: Platinum trial 06/11/2009 01:33 AM CDT
>>And so Caelumina entered the adventure in Plat. Prime and TF followed to make sure the name was reserved across the instances. I have zero intention of using your version of Caelumia as a model/foil/whatever

No wonder I was confused. Since I only know Caelumia by reputation, I didn't notice the difference. My appologies to the original. :-\

Re: Platinum trial 06/11/2009 06:36 AM CDT
Does this mean Prime is now three Cael's to the wind?

-pete
Re: Platinum trial ::Nudge:: 06/11/2009 09:31 AM CDT

Back on topic, Platinum trial subscriptions..

Annwyl
Senior Board Monitor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing Senior Board Monitor DR-Annwyl@play.net, or Message Board Supervisor DR-Cecco@play.net.
Re: Platinum trial 06/13/2009 04:53 PM CDT
Yeah well,

I tried to sponsor someone and they told me I was lucky I even got to stay!

:heh:

Joking aside, I can usually be found somewhere to corrupt and encourage the youngesters comming into plat.

Harp is simple, IF your female wear something short and skimpy, if your make bring tea as a offering for not being female :-) and he'll be happy to help.

-- Harpiano Kin-slayer, resident "wee" cleric.
Re: Platinum trial 06/13/2009 05:23 PM CDT
>>-- Harpiano Kin-slayer, resident "wee" cleric.

At least you're not a bard, heh

Cute verbs and speaking from hiding are excellent ways to catch a lightning bolt in the face regardless of mystical ninja abilities.

-Armifer
Re: Platinum trial 06/13/2009 05:57 PM CDT
Ironically, our best shield/armor forger, is infact a bard. :-)

-- Harp
Re: Platinum trial 06/13/2009 06:03 PM CDT
I was more referring to the name Harpiano

Cute verbs and speaking from hiding are excellent ways to catch a lightning bolt in the face regardless of mystical ninja abilities.

-Armifer
Re: Platinum trial 06/13/2009 06:08 PM CDT
>> Harp is simple, IF your female wear something short and skimpy, if your make bring tea as a offering for not being female :-) and he'll be happy to help.

If I decided to import Cael over to Plat, this would not be happening. :P

Rev. Reene

Re: Platinum trial 06/13/2009 10:03 PM CDT
Yeah, I catch that bard reference alot.

Harp is harmless ask anyone :-)

-- harp
Re: Platinum trial 06/14/2009 05:44 AM CDT
>>> Harp is simple, IF your female wear something short and skimpy, if your make bring tea as a offering for not being female :-) and he'll be happy to help.

>If I decided to import Cael over to Plat, this would not be happening. :P

::chuckles::

That's okay. We don't do it either.

Harp, just stop sacrificing all those animals. It's the leftover blood splatters that turn us off. ;-)

~Faih
Re: Platinum trial 06/14/2009 10:22 PM CDT
those aren't animals... and i clean up after.

-- Harp