Questions about plat 03/29/2009 01:26 PM CDT
mod suggested we move the thread here instead on the gen. discussion folder

I have a question about price is it $49.95 + base cost or just a flat $49.95?

--
If life doesn't need intelligence,
Then why should intelligence need life?
--
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Legeres
http://www.myspace.com/ledge_ear_us
http://legeres.deviantart.com
Re: Questions about plat 03/29/2009 01:46 PM CDT
Total fee per month is the 50 bucks.

It's like adding an extra character slot, or premium status, or TF, to your account. You pay the base rate for prime, and the 'extra fee' for the additional services.
Re: Questions about plat 03/29/2009 01:55 PM CDT
>Billing uses a little trick to handle the free TF access we get.

I was not aware that plat instance got free TF. In fact, I thought it was the exact opposite; plat players still had to pay for TF. Am I wrong in this? If so, I just found some extra hidden bonus to playing plat.
Re: Questions about plat 03/29/2009 02:17 PM CDT
Standard J'Lo'ism (could've sworn I had a plat + basic listing on the bills prior to my TF signup, but I didn't). The extra charges are still absorbed automatically into your upgrade, however, so if you had basic and 2 extra slots you wouldn't end up with plat with 2 extra slots. Instead you'd end up with 26 slots in Plat and 16 in Prime.

DISCLAIMER: THIS POSTER IS NOT A MEMBER OF STAFF AND HIS INFORMATION IS/MIGHT BE WRONG.
Re: Questions about plat 03/29/2009 02:40 PM CDT
As was stated it's $49.95 total. That includes the Prime fee, Premiuim upgrade and Plat upgrade. TF comes along as part of the Plat upgrade. As Plat players we have access to the Test Instance but it's limited to using our Prime characters. Normal Test Instance conditions apply.

I had wondered why they let us go so long in the Survival category and even why it was there in the first place.

A lot of people express concern about having to start over. It's a valid concern but one most of us struggled with too. I played Prime for over 10 years before I switched and haven't regretted it.

I occasionally go back and play my Prime characters. Splitting time gets tough and switching back and forth can be rather jarring to the senses. You will probably find yourself feeling more out of the loop going back into Prime than into Plat for any length of absence in playing in a specific instance.

Asbhuan
Re: Questions about plat 03/29/2009 03:40 PM CDT
>>TF comes along as part of the Plat upgrade.

Billing's not that inept that it'd let a plat player later sign up for TF using the wrong signup method and then continue to charge them for 2 years according to that wrong signup method. They'd look at the acccount and either wonder why a plat player was wanting to sign up and pay for a separate TF subscription instead of taking advantage of his freebie, or they would simply convert it to the freebie the player is legitimately supposed to get.

Since my billing history clearly shows Billing has been happily and industriously charging me an extra $14.95 since I signed up for TF, it's pretty obvious that TF is not free for Plat subscribers. Assuming I'm incorrect on this part, I'm sure Bubba will get me a large refund or some other form of equivalent compensation because he's a CE-savvy nice guy who doesn't want to drive away a paying customer of good standing (look at the smiley if it's not obvious this is a joke-->). :D

DISCLAIMER: THIS POSTER IS NOT A MEMBER OF STAFF AND HIS INFORMATION IS/MIGHT BE WRONG.
Re: Questions about plat 03/29/2009 06:39 PM CDT
>>Since my billing history clearly shows Billing has been happily and industriously charging me an extra $14.95 since I signed up for TF, it's pretty obvious that TF is not free for Plat subscribers.

Hate to tell you this, but Plat does indeed come with one Fallen slot.
Re: Questions about plat 03/29/2009 06:44 PM CDT
From the following link on my account:

DragonRealms: The Fallen
Settle the score! The Fallen is a no-holds-barred version of DragonRealms where players are encouraged to walk however they please and carry very big sticks. The Fallen subscription is an add-on to DragonRealms that requires agreeing to an additional disclaimer and is free to Platinum subscribers!
Re: Questions about plat 03/30/2009 12:11 PM CDT
>Hate to tell you this, but Plat does indeed come with one Fallen slot.

If you're TF + premium you get 16 slots in prime and TF.

For some reason, purchasing a character slot is instance specific. Total rip-off, imo.

I'm surprised that a plat account only gets one TF character slot, that sounds wrong.
Re: Questions about plat 03/30/2009 01:42 PM CDT
I have a plat subscription and don't have any TF characters (for now):

You have a DragonRealms: The Fallen Premium subscription. There are 16 unused extra characters on your account.

Looks to be the same as I have on the prime side of the account.

Nikpack

Climbing List:http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Climbing_skill
Swimming List:http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Swimming_skill

And while I am evil, I try to avoid being just plain mean.
-Z
Re: Questions about plat 03/30/2009 02:54 PM CDT
Thanks for confirming that Nikpack. I guess the bottom line is that extra character slots are a terrible deal.
Re: Questions about plat 03/30/2009 04:16 PM CDT
Heh, this is a first for me I think. I posted a correct post and got talked into thinking it was wrong, so I deleted that one and then made a J'Lo post. Can't win for losin'.

Re: Questions about plat 03/30/2009 05:56 PM CDT
>>You have a DragonRealms: The Fallen Premium subscription. There are 16 unused extra characters on your account.

Hrm. I appologize. Just activated the Fallen portion of my Plat account and sure enough, 16 slots. It said that as a Plat subscriber my access would be free... followed immediately by a second line saying in addition to my $14.95 base I'd be charged and additional $5.00 I'm assuming that this is just left over messaging for folks who add on piece-meal. I'll let you know if I end up getting billed beyond the $49.95 for my Plat account.
Re: Questions about plat 03/30/2009 07:47 PM CDT
if you do get charged, call billing, they should be able to straighten it out, as TF comes "free" with a plat subscription.
Re: Questions about plat 03/31/2009 03:10 AM CDT
I think if it did charge you, it would have given you a prorated billing for the TF part of your subscription for the rest of the month that would have been charged to your credit card instantly (something you would have to confirm that was OK).

It's what has happened to me when I choose to join premium, plat, or fallen in the middle of my billing cycle.

Nikpack

Climbing List:http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Climbing_skill
Swimming List:http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Swimming_skill

And while I am evil, I try to avoid being just plain mean.
-Z
Re: Questions about plat 03/31/2009 03:47 AM CDT
>>I think if it did charge you, it would have given you a prorated billing for the TF part of your subscription for the rest of the month that would have been charged to your credit card instantly (something you would have to confirm that was OK).

I agree. THis has been my experience as well, but I was hesitant to open my fingers and spit out disinformation again before being totally sure.
Re: Questions about plat 03/31/2009 01:09 PM CDT
Just as official confirmation, Plat comes with a free TF subscription. It will LOOK like its charging you but you won't be charged.

As someone said, if by some weird chance you are charged, call Billing and they will straighten it out.

GameMaster Audacia

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Re: Questions about plat 04/11/2009 04:55 PM CDT
I sure would love to see packages offered for the various services of Simu. For example, I would absolutely pay a flat fee for a bundle of...ohh say three accounts (TF, Plat and Prime).

Madigan

Free the Paladin Guild in 2009.
Re: Questions about plat 04/11/2009 04:57 PM CDT
I thought Plat includes Prime and TF access.. Unless you're meaning three separate accounts?
Re: Questions about plat 04/11/2009 05:03 PM CDT
I think that's what he meant. I've been paying for 3 TF accounts for years. Sure would be nice to get a multi account discount...

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein