joining Plat 12/07/2018 10:28 AM CST
Questions:

1) If I'm already a Premie, would joining Plat be an additional $10/mo. then? Or $50 on top of the $40/mo. I pay now?

2) I was here for the migration from AOL, and this new world has me a little stymied. Liking the new crafting features, but looking for the old-time camaraderie and roleplay. First day back, someone asked me if I had Discord... that's not what I came back for, please. Noticed in these forums that sponsorship might be required? How does one get that?

Thanks in advance for help!
Re: joining Plat 12/07/2018 01:51 PM CST
>>If I'm already a Premie, would joining Plat be an additional $10/mo. then? Or $50 on top of the $40/mo. I pay now?

Additional $10. I pay $49.95 a month. If it's something you care about, you also get TF for free.

>>First day back, someone asked me if I had Discord... that's not what I came back for, please.

Plat has CHATTER active for all players, and gweths are global (and 1 charge j/k gweths are critter drops), so Discord isn't as necessary. Some Plat players do have a discord channel, since they also keep in touch outside of the game.

>>Noticed in these forums that sponsorship might be required? How does one get that?

It's not. I think sponsorship used to get you like a trial month, but I didn't use it myself ~10 years ago (oof).

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: joining Plat 12/07/2018 04:12 PM CST
Thanks for the fast response.

Do my chars transfer to Plat or would I have to start again?
Re: joining Plat 12/07/2018 04:38 PM CST
It's a fresh start.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: joining Plat 12/07/2018 06:54 PM CST
While it is a fresh start, many of us will help with whatever you may need in terms of coins, advice, teaching, etc, just reach out and ask via CHAT.

Damian, a voice from the distant and long-forgotten past.
AIM:DamianDR
Re: joining Plat 12/08/2018 12:51 PM CST

Thank you, Damian
Re: joining Plat 12/11/2018 08:26 AM CST
Lulz. Damian has AIM

You slap Voldag hard in the face with your hand, making a nice crisp smack!! That's going to leave a mark!
Re: joining Plat 02/07/2019 10:05 PM CST
Is plat more social or is it a ghost town? I ask because I have no clue.
Re: joining Plat 02/08/2019 10:29 AM CST
>>Is plat more social or is it a ghost town? I ask because I have no clue.

It depends on when you play, what events are going on, etc.

Re: joining Plat 02/18/2019 11:17 AM CST
It's a weird combination of "yes" to both.

Playtimes are a thing, but the social aspect in Discord, chatter, etc... is it's own little community as well.

I tend to see it more as a "you are a hero who on occasion encounters other heroes that you gweth with a lot..."

Player of Ryken
---
"Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon." ~ Doug Larson

AIM - RykenDR
Re: joining Plat 02/20/2019 04:51 PM CST
>>I tend to see it more as a "you are a hero who on occasion encounters other heroes that you gweth with a lot..."

I do sometimes wonder if Plat is a more "realistic" ratio of heroes to civilians, since heroes are understandably a lot less rare than in Prime. But that's kinda like how people very rarely [and understandably] think about how many mobs are actually killed during a regular hunting session.