Review old characters screen when upgrading to platinum 01/30/2015 06:28 AM CST
This is more of a website question / request, but I'm not sure what folder to post something like that in, and this is about upgrading to platinum on the website.

When reactivating an account, eventually a screen pops up to show what characters you had before and decide which of them to devote character slots to.

I'm sure some people coming back to plat did what I did: first reactivate with the basic subscription to try out the game for a bit, and then sign up for plat again.

I'm not sure if this is even feasible, but it would be awesome if that character screen could come back up when upgrading to platinum, so you can bring your old plat characters back. I've emailed support to work on this manually, but I thought it might be a good suggestion and incentive to bring people back.

~Rythanack
Re: Review old characters screen when upgrading to platinum 01/30/2015 06:37 AM CST
The best (i.e. only) solution for this is to write billing and ask them to reactivate your characters. They can do a 24 hour reactivation so you can see who you have, and strip/delete/whatever them. After the 24 hour period they bill you for however many you have over your current account status.

If you have the free slots, they can also just reactivate the characters without the 24 hour temp thing, obviously.

Billing is fast, and staffed by an amazing couple of guys. You can also call them, but when dealing with character names I find it easier to put together an email.
Re: Review old characters screen when upgrading to platinum 01/30/2015 10:44 AM CST
I love that screen! I recall vaguely that they were looking into this last year.

>Forgive my snark, but welcome to the life of a warrior mage.