Free Trial? 07/01/2012 04:49 PM CDT
Is there a way to get a free trial to Plat? I'd be interested in trying it out.
Re: Free Trial? 07/03/2012 12:29 PM CDT
Bump.

Anyone have an idea on this?

I think it'd be cool to try out but I don't know about spending $50 on an account to find out if its for me or not.

Is it only done at certain times of the year? Was it done in the past and doesn't look like it'll happen anymore?

Why doesn't Plat have the standard free 30 days thing similar to Prime? I would think that'd be a great way for Simu to possibly increase revenue by luring new customers into Plat.
Re: Free Trial? 07/03/2012 12:53 PM CDT
A sponsored trial can happen any time of the year. I'll have to check what the current process is for that. There have been summer trials in the past as well.
Re: Free Trial? 07/08/2012 04:00 PM CDT
The basics of this post are still valid. Lyneya is the current Plat GM lead.

http://forums.play.net/forums/DragonRealms/Discussions%20with%20DragonRealms%20Staff%20and%20Players/DragonRealms:%20%20Platinum/view/925
looking for Sponsor 08/13/2012 12:44 PM CDT
Hi , I've been playing DR for quite sometime. Im that guy in prime that watches everyone blow past me to 150th because I really want to RP. I've been considering this for a while .

questions :

what are circles like in Plat? Im imagining on the lower scale compared to prime/of course Fallen?
Can Items be transferred from Prim to Plat ?
Will commoners be going away in Plat with 3.0?

player : Aelurus - 3 years : account feloniouspi
Re: looking for Sponsor 08/13/2012 01:02 PM CDT
>>what are circles like in Plat? Im imagining on the lower scale compared to prime/of course Fallen?

The thing to keep in mind about Plat is that it is really just a super-compressed demographic for prime. While many people do end up having low level alts, there are a fair amount of high level characters.

That said, I've never been in a situation where I've gone "darn, this invasion/event isn't meant for me" or "looks like I shouldn't argue with that guy because I'll instantly die."

>>Can Items be transferred from Prim to Plat ?

No.

>>Will commoners be going away in Plat with 3.0?

I'm not sure where you heard they would be. As far as I'm aware, they're going to stay around in all instances.

"You always have to be a know-it-all. And you don't. Know. It. All." - GERSTEINJ2
Re: looking for Sponsor 08/13/2012 02:11 PM CDT

>> I was thinking back to the 3.0 TDP discussion . Glad to hear its changed
Re: looking for Sponsor 08/13/2012 02:27 PM CDT
>> I was thinking back to the 3.0 TDP discussion . Glad to hear its changed

Nothing as far as I know about commoners and TDPs re:3.0 has changed.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: looking for Sponsor 08/13/2012 04:23 PM CDT
There was an issue on it in the EXP boards 2010 , too far back to locate .. but then this happened

http://elanthipedia.org/w/index.php/Post:TDPs_and_Commoners_-_1/4/2011_-_12:34:52
Re: commoners 3.0 08/13/2012 04:52 PM CDT

>>There was an issue on it in the EXP boards 2010 , too far back to locate .. but then this happened

>>http://elanthipedia.org/w/index.php/Post:TDPs_and_Commoners_-_1/4/2011_-_12:34:52

AFAIK this is still the current plan. No further details have been released about commoners and TDPs in 3.0. That doesn't mean that those who do it for RP reasons will give it up.

You've reached the uninformative help match I haven't written yet.
Re: commoners 3.0 08/13/2012 05:58 PM CDT

yes , my bad. I should have worded it differently . oh yeah , Plat . anyone willing to sponsor me?
Re: commoners 3.0 08/13/2012 06:57 PM CDT
we do have hi-level characters - a paladin that is 200th, and some other characters that are over 150th. there's also a few low levels running around. you can't transfer Items from prime.

Plat is basically what you put into it. We don't have huge events because there's not the population to support that. We do have available hunting areas, jump jewelry to get everywhere <sold in Baravor's wagon in throne city - same shop that has the MM sigilbooks in prime - 1 east of the museum> 5-year portals after 5 years of cumulative play, and 24/7 access to fang cove through the portals. There are hardened baskets placed at most of the traditional prime "gathering places" where people put in donations for new people, and we have global gweths for IC conversations, and chatter for OOC. <when you come over, type / chatter on and let people know you're here, you're new>.
'll be happy to sponsor you. I'm not sure on the exact procedure. But if the Red-names can let us know, let's do it!

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: commoners 3.0 08/13/2012 07:03 PM CDT
If you want a quick rundown of what Plat offers, feel free to check out Platinum's epedia page: http://elanthipedia.org/w/index.php/Platinum

That said...

>>we do have hi-level characters - a paladin that is 200th

That Paladin isn't 200.

>>24/7 access to fang cove through the portals

This is not going to be forever. It will be closed sooner or later. Prime just had theirs close earlier than initially projected due to issues with how it was used in Prime.

"You always have to be a know-it-all. And you don't. Know. It. All." - GERSTEINJ2
Re: commoners 3.0 08/13/2012 07:38 PM CDT

http://elanthipedia.org/w/index.php/Platinum

straw that broke the camels back , = >
Re: commoners 3.0 08/13/2012 08:19 PM CDT
Wow thanks. ! for now Im doing a bit of back reading/lore ... character creation is always a long process for me

here's how to sponsor
http://forums.play.net/forums/DragonRealms/Discussions%20with%20DragonRealms%20Staff%20and%20Players/DragonRealms:%20%20Platinum/view/925
Re: commoners 3.0 08/13/2012 10:24 PM CDT
I think you email Lynena these days, not Zadraes.

Re: commoners 3.0 08/14/2012 12:34 AM CDT
Lynena came back as mailer-daemon <undelivered>.

So i sent to zadraes <audacia has left staff>, and he can forward to whoever is in charge.
hopefully a reply will be sent and can get you set up.

Looking forward to seeing you in-game.

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: commoners 3.0 08/14/2012 12:42 AM CDT
>>Lynena came back as mailer-daemon <undelivered>.

The email I sent to Lyneya worked fine. Don't forget that the email syntax is generally DR-::GM NAME::@play.net

Re: commoners 3.0 08/14/2012 12:53 AM CDT
<<I think you email Lynena these days, not Zadraes>>

<<The email I sent to Lyneya worked fine.>>

that'll teach me to trust your spelling. heh.

/---
Leucius
Re: commoners 3.0 08/14/2012 01:09 PM CDT

Thanks so much you two . now if I can only figure out a way to get my play.net mail from going to my spam folder lol