New to Plat 06/30/2012 09:57 PM CDT
is anyone alive out here?!
just got back into prime after a few years of being away from simutronics (I played gemstone for like 10 yrs on and off back in the day). upgraded to premium and then just jumped onto the plat subscription. I walked around for a bit and came across one other person. is there somewhere people hang out that Im missing?
Re: New to Plat 06/30/2012 10:37 PM CDT
Type "chatter /on" and then "chatter <message>"

That's your primary form of OOC communication over there.

- Tyr, player of

Grolig exclaims, "Silly Paladin!"
Re: New to Plat 06/30/2012 10:39 PM CDT
There are plat folders you might want to hit (only show to plat players and will likely take a day or so to go through).

Do a /chatter on to turn on global chat (entirely ooc).

And do a who all to see who is online. Try chatting that you're new etc.

Let's save us all some time: I'm a troll who rarely has anything helpful. There.
Re: New to Plat 07/01/2012 10:37 PM CDT
Howdy there! Just a heads up for anyone joining or thinking of joining, that a new event is in the early stages of development. It will be running primarily in the evenings as that is when the events are most available, and even someone fresh out of the CM can get involved. Check out the Event folders for more details as things develop over the coming weeks.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: New to Plat 07/01/2012 10:41 PM CDT
I think it's still possible to get a type of plat trial; I also think they do a hot plat summer trial thing, not sure if it's going to happen this year or will be later than normal. The great trial month usually has a ton of activities, events, and a fest or auction or raffles or something snazzy.

Let's save us all some time: I'm a troll who rarely has anything helpful. There.
Re: New to Plat 07/02/2012 05:40 PM CDT
I like the idea of Plat, I really do. The junk that we peek at over here related to the community sniping puts me off frankly. Probably an unfair assessment...but that is all I see and "me no like".

Madigan
Re: New to Plat 07/02/2012 05:59 PM CDT
>>The junk that we peek at over here related to the community sniping puts me off frankly.

Population personality-wise, DR Plat is essentially a microcosm of DR Prime. You won't find anything you don't already find in prime, but instead you see it boiled down to a much smaller group of people. Instead of having a few dozen people who tend to act stupid, you just get one or two. Instead of having a hundred people you know can RP really well, you have ten. Instead of having hundreds of other people who fall in the middle, you have two dozen or so.

On one hand, it's easier to deal with, because you figure out who is who much faster.

On the other hand, because it's so specific, situations seem a lot more "big" than they really are, mainly because instead of being a few dozen people having their own disagreements, it's just a few people.

"You always have to be a know-it-all. And you don't. Know. It. All." - GERSTEINJ2
Re: New to Plat 07/02/2012 06:55 PM CDT
>I like the idea of Plat, I really do. The junk that we peek at over here related to the community sniping puts me off frankly. Probably an unfair assessment...but that is all I see and "me no like".

I think that's a pathetic excuse. Two or three people does not make an instance, and neither does board behavior translate to in game.

Re: New to Plat 07/02/2012 07:21 PM CDT
The beauty of perception is that you make it, I just receive it. The challenge (or course) is changing a negative perspective to something positive. You can take my comment as either (i) bunk and without merit (which is fine) or (ii) something maybe you should consider if you want to increase your population.

Madigan
Re: New to Plat 07/02/2012 07:39 PM CDT

Gang,

This is not the conflicts folder, let's get back on topic without the snarking at each other.

If you really must argue - Oh no I'm not falling for that one. There is no conflicts folder for Prime vs. Plat.

Annwyl
Message Board Supervisor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing me at DR-Annwyl@play.net.
Re: New to Plat 07/02/2012 08:27 PM CDT
>You can take my comment as either (i) bunk and without merit (which is fine) or (ii) something maybe you should consider if you want to increase your population.

1: Nothing I can do to change your perceptions. Especially when you're simply throwing them up as pretense.

2: I don't play plat any more. Ask the players. The dislike several players find for each other has nothing to do with instance.

3: Meh. Passive aggressive 'I would totally play if you were nice to me' i would have thought was beneath you. But as I said, I don't play, so at least one of the 'bad mean people' isn't there. I'm a jerk, I'm fine with that.

Re: New to Plat 07/02/2012 08:43 PM CDT
I like the idea of Plat, but I'm a DR lifer who remembers back in the AOL days, when there were 10k people connected and a crowd of 100 in front of the bank at all times and you usually couldn't find a room in field goblins that wasn't 2-3 people deep.

DR's lonely enough these days.
Re: New to Plat 07/02/2012 09:12 PM CDT
Plat is what you make of it. If you go with the right mindset, it can be a great place.

Do:
Go to play with the wonderful people who play there.
Ignore the problem person/s
Engross your character in RP
Try something different
Go for smaller world (both in travel times and population)
Go to test content early

Dont:
Go for constant gm attention
Go to start drama
Go to be more involved in every event that is in Prime
Go to out Uzmam

My 2 cents as a former frequent plat player
Re: New to Plat 07/02/2012 09:40 PM CDT
>>when there were 10k people connected and a crowd of 100 in front of the bank at all times

You know... I used to say the same thing. But apparently the data shows DR never had 10k people on at one time :( Someday we'll be back up in the thousands though. Just got to keep pushing out new fun stuff for everyone to enjoy!

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
Re: New to Plat 07/03/2012 12:23 AM CDT
>>something maybe you should consider if you want to increase your population.

In all fairness, this is like holding you personally accountable for the way Ipkin and other select characters act.

>>Go to out Uzmam

:'(

"You always have to be a know-it-all. And you don't. Know. It. All." - GERSTEINJ2
Re: New to Plat 07/03/2012 09:25 AM CDT
<<In all fairness, this is like holding you personally accountable for the way Ipkin and other select characters act.

Hah. Fair point.

Madigan
Re: New to Plat 07/03/2012 06:34 PM CDT
I know its a smaller community, and supposedly more rp and such which is what I was looking to get into
I first tried DR like over 10 yrs ago, after playing the past 2 weeks or so, it seems quite different. not the game itself, but maybe the people. I don't ever remember getting attacked in town ever by anyone. the past week, I've rolled 3 characters and each has been killed at least once just sitting in town minding their own business. I guess thats what the game has come to, tho it was not what I was expecting. Seemed like more people back then were actually around, talked, hunted, etc... with eachother and such so thats why I signed up for plat. Now, after logging in the 2 times I did and noticed 4 others that were signed in I was pretty disappointed and immediately thought well there went my money lol
I still have the plat subscription, cause well even if I cancelled it, it would be less than a month. I'll try logging in a few more times within the next 2 weeks and see if there is any population there at all to make it worth it
Re: New to Plat 07/03/2012 08:03 PM CDT
>> Now, after logging in the 2 times I did and noticed 4 others that were signed in I was pretty disappointed and immediately thought well there went my money lol

Be sure to turn chatter on, then you'll never be alone!

Re: New to Plat 07/03/2012 08:03 PM CDT
>> Now, after logging in the 2 times I did and noticed 4 others that were signed in I was pretty disappointed and immediately thought well there went my money lol

Be sure to turn chatter on, then you'll never be alone!

Re: New to Plat 07/03/2012 08:14 PM CDT
<<each has been killed at least once just sitting in town minding their own business.>>

were you killed by other PCs, or by invasions? we did have an undead invasion the other day.

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: New to Plat 07/03/2012 09:28 PM CDT
>>were you killed by other PCs, or by invasions? we did have an undead invasion the other day.

Could be wrong, but that seemed like the person was talking about a Prime experience that THEN led them to try out Plat, which had a notably smaller population and thus its own issues.

Re: New to Plat 07/04/2012 09:00 AM CDT
yes it was in prime, not by npc or invasion just bored necros, and yes its what tempted me to try plat
i guess pvp is a bit more part of the game now, or one sided anyway lol ah well hazards of the game
Re: New to Plat 07/05/2012 10:42 PM CDT
So, I'd been thinking of giving Plat a try for a while, and the post from Kodius about the upcoming event was enough to get me to take the plunge. I've run into one issue, though, and that's that it's been a few days, but I don't have access to the Plat boards. I'm not sure how long I should expect that to take, or who I should contact to ask about it.
Re: New to Plat 07/05/2012 11:02 PM CDT
Might want to check with billing or something.

Be sure to turn chatter on!

Re: New to Plat 07/06/2012 12:48 AM CDT
Yeah, definately get in touch with Billing before the weekend and they should be able to figure it out. Should be some fun things happening over the next few days!

Re: New to Plat 07/06/2012 05:38 AM CDT
To whomever emailed my play.net regarding a sponsorship: I replied, but have not heard anything back in a few days. May want to check your spam or something if you didn't get it.

~The Prydaen~
Re: New to Plat 07/06/2012 08:19 AM CDT
Thanks for the advice! I've sent out a message to Billing. Unfortunately I'm going to be away for most of the weekend (bah!), so I'll just have to try and catch up on things when I get back.
Re: New to Plat 07/06/2012 06:07 PM CDT
I'd be interested in Plat, though I am afraid of having such a small population to be honest. I find Prime to be small enough sometimes. I can't imagine what anything smaller would be like. The community sounds intersting though. I imagine characters really have personality there.
Re: New to Plat 07/06/2012 06:12 PM CDT
>>I'd be interested in Plat, though I am afraid of having such a small population to be honest.

CHATTER /ON makes Plat survivable.

Once we have more events rolling out, I think things will be notably awesomer in terms of character to character interaction, too.

Re: New to Plat 07/06/2012 10:26 PM CDT
<<I imagine characters really have personality there. >>

if you check over on Elanthipedia under PCs, Plat, many of us have put up our backstories there.

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: New to Plat 07/08/2012 08:49 AM CDT
same here, no access to any plat forums, which is why I've been posting here lol

and I guess im just on at the wrong times, cause I seem to be the only one on that chatter channel lol, then again, only 3 other people logged in atm
Re: New to Plat 07/08/2012 10:15 AM CDT
Yeah super early AM isn't the most active of times, but it picks up in the afternoon on weekends and at night on weekdays. Right now and I see 10 people including myself.