Sponsor for plat trial? 01/28/2012 05:33 PM CST
Hello, I'm thinking about making Platinum my new home, but I'd like to give it a try before I make any commitments. Would anyone be willing to sponsor me for a trial?
Re: Sponsor for plat trial? 01/28/2012 11:33 PM CST
I'd be happy to lend my name. Account is Vawn, character: Talo. I totally forget how to do this though, so if someone wants to post and remind me, I'll get on it lickeyt split. If not, I'll look it up tomorrow morning.

~Talo, Prydaen Barbarian~
Re: Sponsor for plat trial? 01/29/2012 08:24 AM CST
Okay so I found this link. The link itself still works (at least it did for me), but I have no idea if this is the process to use any more, since I also found old posts saying shoot X GM an email with the account and character names of both the referrer and the referree. Someone let us know if we should email please?

Link: https://www.play.net/dr/platinum/trial2.asp

Re: Sponsor for plat trial? 01/29/2012 12:37 PM CST
It acts as if I've upgraded with that link, thanks a tonne. Hopefully I'll get a chance to log in tonight since I'm out on the road. See you in game, hopefully!
Re: Sponsor for plat trial? 01/29/2012 01:01 PM CST
Very welcome. If you want to keep the secret, cool. If not, let us know who you are. I forget if trials have access to the Plat boards though.

Re: Sponsor for plat trial? 01/29/2012 01:53 PM CST
trial accts do have access to plat boards. at least they did when i've been on as trial <summer> at various times thru the years. I'm ususually around somewhere on some character or other if you need beginner-type gear and stuff. :-)

type chatter /on when you get there.

chatter is OOC.

gweths are usually available in a box by NE gate, and are world-wide.most people use Jadeite. Thats for IC communication.
Alb crystal rings have sometimes been put in the donation bin as well for 1 to 1 private conversations.

Preces meae non sunt dignae;Sed tu bonus fac benigne;Ne perenni cremer igne [Dies Irae]
Re: Sponsor for plat trial? 01/29/2012 06:03 PM CST
Hrm, it said that my trial was beginning, but when I go to make a character it acts as if I need to subscribe. I'll try again, but I dunno what to do if that doesn't work.
Re: Sponsor for plat trial? 01/29/2012 06:07 PM CST
Now it says I'm ineligible, what is this I don't even...
Re: Sponsor for plat trial? 01/29/2012 08:18 PM CST
Hmm. I'll poke around and see what needs to happen...

Re: Sponsor for plat trial? 01/29/2012 09:21 PM CST
I emailed tech support for good measure, hopefully it works out.
Re: Sponsor for plat trial? 01/29/2012 09:54 PM CST
I also emailed Lyneya. They'll get us straightened out sooner or later.

Re: Sponsor for plat trial? 01/30/2012 02:19 PM CST
Kudos to Mike in billing, he fixed it in less than 5 minutes! Apparently, the application glitched, but everything is working great now! See you all in game