New to Platinum 10/06/2011 09:48 AM CDT
Hello platinum subscribers,

My name is "Nascid" and I am new to the platinum subscription base. This is actually the first "MUD" or text based game of any kind that I have played. I look forward to chatting and RPing with you all. Hopefully my "noob" questions won't get in the way of anyone's enjoyment. I just wanted to thank you for your patience and help as I learn to become an experienced Dragonsrealmser.

-Nascid
Re: New to Platinum 10/06/2011 11:24 AM CDT
I think you're the one I was talking to on chatter last night.

Welcome to the game! Feel free to bug us as we send you countless elanthipedia links that explain things a lot better than I could in a handful of chatter messages.

ps: if I didn't send it your way last night, check out elanthipedia.com for tons and tons and TONS of stuff about the game. The category that might interest you most is http://elanthipedia.com/wiki/Category:Commands
Re: New to Platinum 10/06/2011 11:07 PM CDT
Welcome! I don't play in Platinum so I'm actually a little surprised I can see this folder. Nevertheless, glad to have you around.

Feel free to return to the forums with any questions that you can't find the answer to on elanthipedia (or in chatter in game). Just make sure to have a good look at the category folders and post your question in the right one.

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: New to Platinum 10/07/2011 07:44 AM CDT
>Welcome! I don't play in Platinum so I'm actually a little surprised I can see this folder. Nevertheless, glad to have you around.

This is the public plat folder. Plat has a separate instance set of forums. Usually used for plat specific things, such as events, early release testing discussion, etc.

Hey look ma! There are rules to useing quotations!
http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/577/01/
Re: New to Platinum 10/07/2011 04:11 PM CDT
>>This is the public plat folder. Plat has a separate instance set of forums. Usually used for plat specific things, such as events, early release testing discussion, etc.

I figured that must be the case. I was more surprised that there was a public Plat forum in addition to the obviously private ones. I'd probably seen it before but didn't pay much attention because I don't use threaded view.

Anyway... nice to see it get used. :)

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: New to Platinum 10/07/2011 04:26 PM CDT
>>I was more surprised that there was a public Plat forum in addition to the obviously private ones.

It's so they can tease us with how awesome plat is

~Player of ChelmorAes
Hollow's Eve?! 10/21/2011 11:34 PM CDT
What are the tickets for?

What's the gift?

How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?

I MUST KNOW.
Malkien
Re: Hollow's Eve?! 10/21/2011 11:56 PM CDT
1: We don't know

2: We don't know

3: Napalm

4: It is generally encouraged that we do not post such things in the general prime folders etc. until it opens in prime, similar to plat-testing stuff, just so players and GM can get the surprise factor. And by 'generally encouraged' I mean 'plat will lose the preview privleges if it happens often and egregiously enough'.

5: Just ask someone else in a private venue like IMs or third party websites or something where someone won't get 'in trouble' for spoiling.

6: I actually didn't see anything to answer your questions in the...10 minutes I was in there. Though I won spider climb, won a quad, and then won a snake to the face.

7: The greeters are awesome, the greeter toys are awesome, and the GMs were a fun/blast to interact with and listen to on this occasion,

Hey look ma! There are rules to useing quotations!
http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/577/01/
Re: Hollow's Eve?! 10/22/2011 12:47 AM CDT
Solomon (I think) already said what the tickets are used for.

All I think Plat players can say right now is that Solomon didn't lie when he said what he said.
Re: Hollow's Eve?! 10/22/2011 02:23 AM CDT
In addition, the last few years the gift was released at the same time in both instances in order to keep the surprise from being spoiled for anyone.

Elusive
mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
Re: Hollow's Eve?! 10/23/2011 06:25 AM CDT
1.stuff
2.we don't know
3.tootsie rolls are inherently evil and must be bit. hence nobody will ever know.

Explore the Final Frontier - the unknown calls
More parts? 10/28/2011 07:36 AM CDT

Any chance the spider could blow out two more legs and need parts?