Archived GM announcements aren't getting updated 03/22/2005 09:44 PM CST
I guess this is the right folder to post in...

The Archived GM announcement folders are not getting updated. They seem to end around April 2002, and there are many GM announcement topics where the earliest post is considerably later than that. So it seems that old posts after 4/2002 are just hitting the recycle bin and getting lost forever. It would be great if there were an ongoing process where announcement posts were archived on an ongoing basis.

For that matter I still don't understand why there is a post limit on the boards at all. Gigabytes are cheap ;)
Re: Archived GM announcements aren't getting updated 03/23/2005 06:23 AM CST
<<For that matter I still don't understand why there is a post limit on the boards at all. Gigabytes are cheap ;)

Indexing isn't.

Sylvado

"False facts are highly injurious to the progress of science, for they often endure long; but false views, if supported by some evidence, do little harm, for everyone takes a salutory pleasure in proving their falseness."
Re: Archived GM announcements aren't getting updated 03/23/2005 10:33 AM CST
>>Indexing isn't.

Nailed it in one. It's not that they're running out of disk space, it's a response time issue.

Blue Fire
Re: Archived GM announcements aren't getting updated 03/23/2005 10:44 PM CST
"The Archived GM announcement folders are not getting updated. They seem to end around April 2002, and there are many GM announcement topics where the earliest post is considerably later than that. So it seems that old posts after 4/2002 are just hitting the recycle bin and getting lost forever. It would be great if there were an ongoing process where announcement posts were archived on an ongoing basis."

Good eyes... That's when we shifted to the latest "new" boards and we saved the old GM posts. Older posts on these boards aren't visible to you but (most) aren't destroyed. If she hasn't heard about this yet, I'll ask the Board Goddess DR-Cecco if we should haul some dusty old posts out of the attic.

Eyrick Emal
DR Board Monitor

Send any questions or complaints to me at Mod-Eyrick@play.net or my supervisor DR-Cecco@play.net or use Feedback.
Re: Archived GM announcements aren't getting updated 03/23/2005 11:59 PM CST
I will do some asking about.

If you have any questions or comments, please write to DR-Cecco@play.net.

Cecco
Supervisor, DragonRealms Message Boards.
Re: Archived GM announcements aren't getting updated 03/24/2005 01:29 AM CST
Thanks guys! Your efforts are most appreciated.
Re: Archived GM announcements aren't getting updated 03/24/2005 08:53 PM CST
>>That's when we shifted to the latest "new" boards and we saved the old GM posts. Older posts on these boards aren't visible to you but (most) aren't destroyed.

Actually, you can get to them indirectly by searching via google or some other search engine (it really doesn't matter which you use, so long as you get hits). One of those fun little quirks about the Internet, if something's not deleted or disconnected there's always a way to get what you want.

J'Lo, no that other one