Search Function 05/27/2003 01:00 AM CDT
These message boards are an ENORMOUS source of raw information from both players and GM's etc. The problem with finding what you are looking for often comes down to the inability to search through the threads. I see a good amount of duplicate questions and duplicate responses to a wide variety of topics. Having a Search function would make these boards so much more user friendly as an information source.

>>---|> =Haust= <|---<<
Re: Search Function 05/27/2003 09:04 PM CDT
Alternately, since a search function may be too resource-intensive, maybe add a folder for FAQs, and have copies of posts covering some of the commonly-asked questions with answers there, like the different hunting levels of creatures, etc.

~Kyn
Re: Search Function 12/31/2003 12:13 AM CST
I just wish there was a way to link to the original thread. So often the topic changes mid thread or it has gotten so long that you cannot even find out what the original problem was. It takes forever to find the first thread to even see what you are about to get flamed over. That and it leads to every thread starting with "I don't know if this was said earlier but..."
Re: Search Function 08/03/2004 01:52 AM CDT
A search function would be great.

Ravenclau

There is reason behind my insanity!! What is your excuse!?!?!
Re: Search Function 01/24/2005 08:26 PM CST
:prods life back into a good idea: Just had to... Though I understand how daunting a task it would be to code a search function into an ages old message board system like this one - I think it would be a VERY awesome addition. I see the same questions asked weekly ;) Just a though :wanders back onto the normal posting track:

http://www.wowway.com/~dgossiaux/simucon/ - SIMUCON 2004 PHOTOS!!!
Re: Search Function, profiles, threading, etc 02/12/2005 11:29 AM CST
I have never understood why Simu continues to operate its boards on the present highly primitive system. Is it not wanting to devote CPU cycles to advanced functions? Not wanting to pay a licensing fee for professional message board software? What is the reason? Upgrading to a 'normal' message board system would make it a lot more useful to your subscribers.
Re: Search Function, profiles, threading, etc 02/12/2005 04:32 PM CST
Integration with our existing account system. Security. Performance. Security.

There are improvements needed. Search, for one.

Andy
Re: Search Function, profiles, threading, etc 02/12/2005 08:29 PM CST
I dunno, I much prefer these boards to any of the other styles of boards I've come across

Strange things are afoot at the circle K
Re: Search Function, profiles, threading, etc 02/12/2005 09:24 PM CST
>Integration with our existing account system. Security. Performance. Security.

>There are improvements needed. Search, for one.

>
Andy

Thanks for this elucidation, however brief ;) I hope you get some time cleared from your workload to address some improvements to the boards.