Suggestion 11/14/2002 03:50 PM CST
Make a 'next folder' link like the 'next topic' one. It's a pain having to go back to read other folders.

Steel.
Suggestion: GM posts only mode 12/06/2002 08:10 AM CST
Greetings.

I have a suggestion about the new beta forums.

Though I'm reading a lot of topics, I don't read them all. Nevertheless, I would be very happy to be able to read ONLY the GM posts in the topics I'm not reading right now.

Of course, I could display all posts and only read the ones with GM names as poster, but this would be very time consuming and also cause a great waste of power on Simutronics' servers...

So I would like to know if it would be possible to have an alternate option for topics like: 'GM posts only' in addition of read and ignore.

Another alternative could be to have 'New GM posts' along 'Unread posts' and 'All posts' in the pop up menu.

Is this feasible?

Fafrahd the slinger, a.k.a. the Lore boy
Re: Suggestion: GM posts only mode 12/06/2002 08:44 AM CST
I would also like to see this implemented!
Re: Suggestion: GM posts only mode 12/06/2002 11:48 AM CST
Wonderful idea! I had to go expand each category and make sure just the GM message sections in each were not ignored..was a real pain <g>

Blaayd

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?... W.C. Fields
Suggestion 10/23/2008 07:09 AM CDT
What I would really love is for the "Last Page" link that appears when you bring up a single message also appear when using the "View all new posts" option.

I use the view all new posts options as my primary way of reading the boards. If I want to read back in a thread a bit to catch up or verify a fact or something, a very common occurance, I first have to click on a link to reach an individual post, wait for it to load and then click the 'last page' link.

Life would be so much simpler if a direct link was included next to each folder heading when viewing all the new posts.

-Evran

"Constitutions are meant to protect minorities -- not to take rights away from people." - Bruce Bastian
Re: Suggestion 10/23/2008 09:14 AM CDT
i hate to say it, but the GMs know the SC boards system. those boards work perfectly. id steal their forums technology.

that hurt.

:|

:oP Ragran