Poor Forum Performance 08/24/2014 12:00 AM CDT
Is it just me, or are the forums not working very well lately, especially later at night?

When searching for new posts, I get "Waiting for Results. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ."

Otherwise, I get very long page load times (30 seconds), often followed by an "Application Error."

Application Error

An error occurred in the application and your page could not be served. Please try again in a few moments.

If you are the application owner, check your logs for details.

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!

Vote for DragonRealms on Top MUD Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Poor Forum Performance 08/24/2014 12:14 AM CDT
I've been hitting that application error quite often recently, too.
Re: Poor Forum Performance 08/24/2014 12:21 AM CDT
I have noticed this a lot recently, myself.

>Forgive my snark, but welcome to the life of a warrior mage.
Re: Poor Forum Performance 08/24/2014 12:55 AM CDT
This should be getting fixed in the near future. We're making some back-end improvements to the hardware.

Solomon
Re: Poor Forum Performance 08/25/2014 11:19 PM CDT
In the meantime, avoiding "Show all posts" and browsing in threaded view is usually pretty quick in terms of load time.
Re: Poor Forum Performance 08/25/2014 11:32 PM CDT
<<avoiding "Show all posts"

But then how can we easily forum stal...erm. Post on a variety of topics easily? ;)

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Re: Poor Forum Performance 08/26/2014 01:19 AM CDT
>But then how can we easily forum stal...erm. Post on a variety of topics easily? ;)

Instead of "show all posts", "show new posts". You'll have to manually mark topics as read since the mark as read seems to be different for threaded and legacy view. It's a lot more clicking, but at least it's quick.
Re: Poor Forum Performance 08/26/2014 03:06 AM CDT
<<show new posts

Yeah, that was more humour than an actual question since this is already what I do anyway. It too is ridiculously slow sometimes, so hopefully the same thing that fixes the 'Application Errors' that have been popping up frequently also addresses the endless 'Waiting for results........' thing too.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Re: Poor Forum Performance 11/04/2014 11:11 PM CST

The better question to ask:

When will the forums be updated to post 2010-2014 technology?

The forum technology is more than 10 years old.
Re: Poor Forum Performance 11/05/2014 07:22 AM CST
Same answer every time this gets asked:

Begin answer/

The forums are tied into accounts in such a way that Simu does not consider upgrading a current technical possibility.

No, you do not know the answer, because you do not know what bizarre and proprietary language the forums were coded in.

/End answer.

I'm a badger, I be badgerin'
Re: Poor Forum Performance 11/05/2014 08:29 AM CST

Kindly check the date on threads you're replying to before you post.

Annwyl
Message Board Supervisor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing me at DR-Annwyl@play.net.
Re: Poor Forum Performance 11/05/2014 10:19 AM CST
This issue is timeless.

Life is short, and so am I.