New Forums Avatars 05/30/2014 07:54 AM CDT
Ya know, I think it would be pretty neat if we could get some new avatars loaded up on to these forums. A good place to start, in my mind, would be to make some using sections of the various event images we've had. Looking though them, I can see that the "priest" and the "mage" from the first HE image was added, but maybe the Hobglup stuff could be put up too? Or, the gnomes and broken spider? Or, any of them. Like the image for the new barrier quest/akigwe's/riot 1 and 2/etc.

Would be fun and pretty easy to do.

A Moon Mage bars your way, whispering "I am afraid you are not on the list I have Kasto. Maybe some other time?"
Re: New Forums Avatars 05/30/2014 08:29 AM CDT
I think that's a really cool idea.

===
My spathas at hand,
From the ashes I rise,
With resolve in my heart,
And fire in my eyes.
Re: New Forums Avatars 05/30/2014 10:33 AM CDT
i think it would be cool if we could load up any avatar we want. Forums rules would still apply, but some of us have creative juices that flow far beyond a picture of http://www.play.net/images/forums/avatars/Alliance_of_Heroes/hx_face.jpg

I'm one of those people.

r u jelly?
Re: New Forums Avatars 05/30/2014 10:51 AM CDT
>i think it would be cool if we could load up any avatar we want.

I agree. That would be pretty cool, however, probably take more work to do that than it would to make avatars from already approved play.net/dr artwork.

Just sayin'

A Moon Mage bars your way, whispering "I am afraid you are not on the list I have Kasto. Maybe some other time?"
Re: New Forums Avatars 05/30/2014 01:18 PM CDT
Out of faint curiosity, are you using the Play.net forums, or the Tinyheroes? I ask because the Tinyheroes allows Gravatars, which pretty much fulfills your stated desire.

tinyheroes.com/forums/DragonRealms/view

If you act like prey, do not blame me for acting like the predator I am.
DR_Shaidval @ AIM
Re: New Forums Avatars 05/30/2014 01:35 PM CDT
>Out of faint curiosity, are you using the Play.net forums, or the Tinyheroes?

I'm using the play.net forums. I personally do not like the tinyheroes forums because I prefer the "legacy view" when posting and reading. Also, IIRC, tinyheroes avatars will not show up here.

Re: New Forums Avatars 05/30/2014 01:54 PM CDT
I'll see what I can do, but if anyone wants to try their hand making some avatars with the former event art, they just need to be 100x100 jpgs.

I don't know if there's a tool out there that lets you set a 100x100 box and cut out sections of an existing image, but if someone knows of a way to do that, let me know and I can stamp out a bunch.

Solomon
Re: New Forums Avatars 05/30/2014 01:54 PM CDT
I'll also look into the Gravatar thing.

Solomon
Re: New Forums Avatars 05/30/2014 02:02 PM CDT
>I don't know if there's a tool out there that lets you set a 100x100 box and cut out sections of an existing image, but if someone knows of a way to do that, let me know and I can stamp out a bunch.

http://www.avatar-generator.com/

Thank you for considering this and possibly implementing it, Solomon. I appreciate it.

Re: New Forums Avatars 05/30/2014 02:06 PM CDT
I just made a quick Akigwe's using that site I just linked. Looks pretty good.

http://i59.tinypic.com/33mpr10.jpg

Re: New Forums Avatars 05/30/2014 02:33 PM CDT
What a great suggestion.

I'm going on ten years with ole Truffenyi by my side. You make me want to consider changing it finally.

Nikpack

PS I've wanted to start an avatar drive for so long. So set your avatars if you haven't done so already! I like associating accounts with an image, simply because it's simpler to know who wrote a post.
Re: New Forums Avatars 05/30/2014 03:53 PM CDT
Ok...I THINK you should be able to see a new folder of icons to select called "New DragonRealms".

If that works for you all, I'll add the others I made.

Solomon
Re: New Forums Avatars 05/30/2014 08:28 PM CDT
>If that works for you all, I'll add the others I made.

Looks like it works! Thank you once again.

Re: New Forums Avatars 05/30/2014 09:43 PM CDT
I'm liking those a lot.

===
My spathas at hand,
From the ashes I rise,
With resolve in my heart,
And fire in my eyes.
Re: New Forums Avatars 05/31/2014 03:11 AM CDT
>>I'm using the play.net forums. I personally do not like the tinyheroes forums because I prefer the "legacy view" when posting and reading. Also, IIRC, tinyheroes avatars will not show up here.

They do! Or should at least, I came over to the old forums to check and can see Shaidval's gravatar up there, and you should see my black haired elf girl gravatar.

Let's not talk about how long it took me to find this post over here to check though :P

Regardless, as charming as I find the old school avatars, huzzah for new ones!

-= Alesche =-
Mountain Elf - Historian - Free Empath of the Crystal Tower
Heavy RPer Looking for Connections!
AIM: DRAlesche
Re: New Forums Avatars 05/31/2014 03:45 PM CDT
OK.

Added a New GemStone group and a New Miscellaneous group of more icons.

Solomon
Re: New Forums Avatars 05/31/2014 04:04 PM CDT
Awesome, thank you very much Solomon. It will be great to see some new pictures floating around these forums.

Re: New Forums Avatars 06/02/2014 10:21 AM CDT
i want to use a picture of myself because studies show that extremely good looking people are not only perceived as being smarter - they usually are. I want people to take my posts SERIOUSLY.

:(
Re: New Forums Avatars 08/21/2017 06:28 AM CDT
Thanks but there are many other sites too to create 2d funny cartoon like avatars

Generate free avatars -
http://www.theavatarmaker.com
Re: New Forums Avatars 08/21/2017 08:02 AM CDT
Dude, that thread is from 2014. Just use Gravatar, it's supported almost everywhere.
Re: Posts Hidden 01/16/2018 02:15 PM CST
Some posts were hidden.

~Evike